So cross!!! Updated!!!!

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: So cross!!!

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2012, 20:26

That's what I did ;) :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 06 Dec 2012, 20:31

I used to go "nuclear" on the phone when things went wrong.... then I worked in a call centre.

I do not bother now, it's not their fault and they can do sod all.

An Irish friend (Kaz knows who) could flay you alive and you would be in heaven. I can't do it so I simply call to request the cancellation of my order with immediate effect. Its amazing how many things can be delivered in minutes when that happens! :roll:
Workingman

Postby Diflower » 06 Dec 2012, 20:34

I'd have done just the same Kaz, but it's such a shame and you now have to find whatever it is elsewhere.
Don't agree that 'no-one can do business here these days' though Kate I have to say, I think generally speaking shopping online is fantastic, we have a world of choices that didn't exist even a very few years ago.
Service from the companies involved is usually brilliant, it has to be because all the customer reviews are there for all to see.
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2012, 20:35

Oh I wasn't rude, I knew it wasn't the poor lad's fault.............he did sound a bit intimidated :oops: ;)

Oh yes - she could be magnificent couldn't she?? :lol: :cry: :lol: xxxx
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2012, 20:36

Oh I'm sure I shall Di, thanks :) x
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 06 Dec 2012, 20:49

I have to say a word for EBuyer, they always take a moby number - if available. Whenever I have ordered from them I get e-mail updates, and on the day of delivery the driver rings to say when he will be here. Fantastic service.
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2012, 20:53

That's very good Frank - and no reason why Argos couldn't do the same :roll:

I saw their Big Boss on TV last week saying how they are hoping to move most of their business to online and cut back on the High St stores. Not with their current level of service they won't! :roll: :|
Kaz

Postby JoM » 06 Dec 2012, 21:44

How annoying Kaz! There's no excuse for that is there :evil:

Kate, I have to disagree with your comment 'no-one can do business here these days' as I've had more positive experiences of online shopping than I have bad. For instance, I ordered something from Apple at 10pm on Tuesday night, with free shipping, and UPS delivered it at 11am today.
Amazon took three weeks to deliver a parcel last Christmas but that was all down to the delivery service that they use, Amazon actually dispatched it very quickly but obviously once things are passed onto the couriers or Royal Mail it's out of their control, and they did send a replacement parcel out to me (and it was a box of several items so quite high value) so their customer service couldn't be faulted...the original parcel did turn up just after Christmas :roll:
JoM

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2012, 22:04

I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon. My new Dyson came in two days despite me being told 6 - 10 days when I ordered 8-)
Kaz

Postby JoM » 06 Dec 2012, 23:14

The only company I can really complain about is Tesco Direct. Not sure if they're experiencing problems at the moment so the service is out of the ordinary but this is the first time I've used them for posted deliveries (I've ordered games and DVDs for the boys) and it takes them a long time to actually dispatch the items, I was sent a Playstation game when I ordered an X Box one (I returned it and nearly 3 weeks after it had been returned they still hadn't refunded me), and one game I ordered nearly a month ago, which was in stock at the time, still hasn't been dispatched and when I checked the website it was out of stock last weekend but has now disappeared altogether. Contacting them by email is a waste of time as apart from the initial 'we have received your email blah blah blah' reply, there's not yet been any further response. Phoning them is fun too :roll:
JoM

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe