Good Morning Monday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Good Morning Monday

Postby Ally » 26 Nov 2012, 11:17

Hey Kaz...when everything's all hunky dorey again I'll have your Covent Garden bean soup recipe again!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew I should've written it down! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby JoM » 26 Nov 2012, 11:17

Good morning all - lovely to see everyone :)

It was raining when I got up but thankfully it's stopped whilst I was in the gym so Billy can get his walk shortly.

Hope the hair appointment goes well Ally - I wimped out on Saturday and went to my old one. I already had the appointment booked...plus on my last visit to the old salon they were giving customers vouchers for £5 off their next appointment at the n place and I'm a sucker for a bargain :lol:

Getting very excited now, John and I are going into Birmingham tomorrow night to see Green Day's American Idiot musical at the Alexandra theatre...then I get to see it again on Friday with Tom and Joe. It's obviously a different cast to the one I saw when it was on Broadway (no Billie Joe for a start lol) but I can't wait to see it again, the reviews for the touring cast have been excellent.
JoM

Postby Gal » 26 Nov 2012, 11:18

Gosh Molly I wouldn't fancy that journey!! Safe driving xxx

Horrible horible here in the NE atm....dark and dreary with heavy rain and breezy....my garden is suffering as it's under water, again. :|

I have this week off work (yayy!!!) so will be around a bit more....I did have an appt at my GPs this morning for a blood test but have had to reorganise as my plumber is here for the fourth time to see why my shower is still leaking :| It's a different one this time and he thinks he's found the underlying cause - yay!!! He's been here since 9am and the last one was only in about half an hour tops.....

Have a good day guys and stay dry :) x
Gal

Postby Kaz » 26 Nov 2012, 11:35

Oh good luck everyone with the hair cuts and stuff today - Ally :roll: :lol: :lol:

I need to get to the PO today with an important parcel - apart from that I'll be on here activating members and generally trying to familiarise myself with the place :lol:

We will have more forums (fora? lol) on here soon (news, health, feedback, library, the usual suspects) but please bear with and in the meantime feel free to start topics in here that wouldn't normally be Cafe ones 8-) :D

All feedback welcome 8-) :D
Kaz

Postby pederito1 » 26 Nov 2012, 11:40

Hooray made it. Wow :D Just about to, pour here, again :cry: Have a nice day everyone :)
pederito1

Postby Diflower » 26 Nov 2012, 11:42

Morning all :)
Lovely to see so many folks here already :)

It's not nice here either, it's still blinking raining - but they have said it's the last day of it for us down south, I really hope they're not lying to make us feel better ;)
I've seen so little of Bb lately that yesterday I even went to work with him :D He had to go to a grotty place but it does have a big Asda, so that's where I went. I did manage to get a couple of Christmas pressies, it's nice to be able to actually look and choose sometimes rather than buy it all online :)

Molly I hope your drive's not too bad, I wouldn't fancy it either.
And good luck Jen, will be thinking of you.
Debih hope Millie can come home, you must all miss her dreadfully.
Ally thanks for all the supplies, as for the interior designer, not me, I may be artistic but have never got into designing my interiors lol, it's just home to me :)
Fugi pink stuff would be lovely, is it fizzy?
And I could make a cake - a Christening cake I guess :D
Ooh Jo, yes it was in Southampton the other week, the reviews were terrific.
Gal hope you don't get washed away, it's depressing isn't it, this endless dark and wet.

Kaz you've been a star, and Mick an absolute superstar, thank you both so much :)
Di
x
Diflower

Postby shazsha » 26 Nov 2012, 11:55

Am I here?
shazsha

Postby shazsha » 26 Nov 2012, 11:57

Oooh, I am now....have posted two messages already and cant see them now :shock:
Well done to Kaz and Mick on getting us all sorted x
shazsha

Postby Osc » 26 Nov 2012, 11:59

Morning all! At least it has stopped raining but everything is very grey and dreary :roll: Kaz I hope the two of you managed some sleep last night, and that you weren't lying awake all night worrying Image

A big pile of ironing awaits my attention today and sundry other stuff. Michael is coming to stay on Thursday night so I need to get the travel cot up again (Miss Osc borrowed it a while back and it's still in its folded up form). When I told him that he was coming to stay with us he said "In my room? With all the teddies?" - we have lots of Miss Osc's teddies that I have lined up on the bed in his room and he loves them. I might "look" at the Christmas cards and the list but there is no guarantee that I will do anything more with them :lol: :lol: This will be the first Christmas in 34 years that I have not had to be totally prepared ages in advance because of the post office, and I seem to be suffering some kind of inertia about doing anything, although I plan a bit of shopping tomorrow.

Glad to see that so many people have made it over here and hopefully the VV communication system will mean that we don't lose anyone. Have a good day everyone.
Osc

Postby Diflower » 26 Nov 2012, 12:00

Shaz that's happened to me too, maybe a little blip for Mick to look at at some point, teething problems I guess :)
Lovely to see you though :D
Diflower

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe