The Random Thread

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: The Random Thread

Postby Workingman » 19 Jul 2024, 12:57

Whoohoo!

ASDA has tangerines in. They are my favourite, way above those tasteless satsumas and clementines, so I got two bags!

:Hi: :Hi: :Hi:
Workingman

Postby JoM » 25 Jul 2024, 17:13

Wish me luck, I’m just about to phone my Dad for his shopping list.

Last week, he was mithering about a £204 gas bill he’d received for usage between April and July which he couldn’t understand as he pays by direct debit, I couldn’t understand it either (especially as he only uses under a pound a day according to his smart meter)…I went around to check it out for him and it was next door’s bill :roll:

We also had the drama of his lost front door keys, he’d looked ‘everywhere’ for them apparently. Everywhere it seems but middle of the kitchen counter in front of the toaster.
JoM

Postby saundra » 25 Jul 2024, 18:27

Made me laugh jo it's normal behaviour for an elderly gentleman I'm catching up with him

Well the house at the back of me is now occupied sigh by football player with 2 football in my garden
His dad brought him round tea time who can't speak English we used sign language sigh so boy went though the front room out into the garden and fetched them had enough before with football all the time

Rant over
saundra

Postby Workingman » 25 Jul 2024, 18:44

Hmm. I wonder what the sign language is for "my boot up your ar5e if it comes over again". Or "Pop!". :lol:
Workingman

Postby saundra » 25 Jul 2024, 19:14

Well I know what it is for football
saundra

Postby cromwell » 26 Jul 2024, 09:50

JoM wrote:Wish me luck, I’m just about to phone my Dad for his shopping list.

Last week, he was mithering about a £204 gas bill he’d received for usage between April and July which he couldn’t understand as he pays by direct debit, I couldn’t understand it either (especially as he only uses under a pound a day according to his smart meter)…I went around to check it out for him and it was next door’s bill :roll:

We also had the drama of his lost front door keys, he’d looked ‘everywhere’ for them apparently. Everywhere it seems but middle of the kitchen counter in front of the toaster.

I know this feeling well, Jo!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby JoM » 26 Jul 2024, 10:22

I saw your post earlier in the week Crommers!
Every time my phone rings and I see it’s my Dad calling I immediately wonder what he’s done or lost.

It’s hard to say but I totally blame my mother, and my grandmother. He’s an only child and was totally pampered by his mother and, when he married, my Mom pretty much took on that role of doing absolutely everything for him and he’s never had to think for himself. It’s not an age thing, he’s always been that way when it comes to life’s practicalities.
JoM

Postby saundra » 26 Jul 2024, 11:05

jo it's a different age we live in now my dad never lifted a finger men didn't it was excepted that men went to work women looked after the home I don't think I ever saw my dad wash a pot or change a bed never
And to be honest bill never did much in the home he always worked had his garden and did help decorate only in later life did he help me couldn't wouldn't even,load a washer iron God forbid
But im,glad my boys are brilliant at helping with everything different world xx
saundra

Postby Kaz » 26 Jul 2024, 18:31

When my mum was in hospital, years ago, my sister had to go round and stick post-it stickers on all the domestic appliances, as he didn't have a clue.

My dad was the sweetest man, but at age 17 went straight from his adoring Nan to my Mum :lol: The most he ever had to do was make a cuppa. It truly is a different world now.
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 26 Jul 2024, 19:06

Kaz wrote:It truly is a different world now.

It certainly is. Now neither side has a clue what to do if there isn't an app for it.

How they wipe their backsides is a mystery. Oh, there's probably an app, with pictures! :roll: :oops:
Workingman

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe