Happened to us last time we went away too :roll: :lol:
JanB

Re: The Random Thread

Postby Kaz » 21 Aug 2024, 07:50

:? :lol:
Kaz

Postby JoM » 22 Aug 2024, 12:57

We went into Birmingham last night and knew the journey in was too good to be true. Evenusing the M6 before
6.30m, we were parked up in 25 minutes.

The way back, Tom was with us and asked to call into Ikea. No problem.
We came along the Aston Expressway only to find the slip road onto Spaghetti Junction had just closed for roadworks, so we had to head south. The road off the M6 at junction 5 was closed so we had to go
down to 4a and head towards the airport on the M42, turn back and head back to the M6 northbound.

Got to Ikea, got what Tom needed and headed back to the M6.
The slip road there at junction 9 was also closed for roadworks so we headed through Walsall and onto Bloxwich, where we found that the high street was closed for roadworks which meant another detour.
JoM

Postby Workingman » 22 Aug 2024, 13:46

Ha! It does your head in Jo. Manufacturers of temporary traffic lights and cones must be doing a roaring trade in Leeds. Just about every main road in and out of the city, plus a few 'rat runs', have roadworks going on. Then to the north of the city there are only four crossings of the Aire and Leeds / Liverpool canal - Armley, Burley, Kirkstall and the Ring Rd - and they also have their own roadworks.

I now stick to Headingley and Horsforth to avoid the hassle.
Workingman

Postby JoM » 22 Aug 2024, 18:49

Frank, it’s crazy isn’t it. It’s everywhere you go, this side of Stafford is a mess with roadworks at Weeping Cross and that’s going to work it’s way pretty much into the town over the coming months.
We had temporary lights for three days on the A34 down here, and the work wasn’t even being done in the road. It was work on one of those green telecom boxes at the far side of a footpath with just the van parked on the road.
The work only took one day though but it took another two for the lights to be removed.
JoM

Postby TheOstrich » 22 Aug 2024, 20:05

We had one day down here a couple of months back when 4 of the 5 roads into town were closed or heavily temporary traffic-light controlled for utility works / water main repairs / resurfacing etc.

Boy was it quiet on the town's ring-road! :lol:

Jo, I remember having to access the Aston Expressway one evening off the M6 Southbound (because the slip road down to the Lichfield Road roundabout underneath Spaghetti I'd normally take was closed), taking the right hand curve at the usual steady 45 as there were no speed restrictions showing on the gantries for that turnout, and suddenly finding, with no warning at all, a 20 mph limit sign in front of me. :shock: I wasn't a happy bunny and neither were the drivers behind me .....
Had to go right up to Matalan at 20mph and then divert back up through Aston.
TheOstrich

Postby JoM » 23 Aug 2024, 10:50

At least we didn’t have to divert through Aston Ossie :lol:
It amuses me how Tom Hanks decided to support the Villa because the name sounded like a place you’d go on holiday :lol:
JoM

Postby Kaz » 23 Aug 2024, 14:39

Jo that's hilarious :lol:
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 23 Aug 2024, 17:02

Just been to ASDA and there are about six trees blown down during last night's winds along the route; one on a car. :shock:

I slept right through and didn't hear a thing. :roll:
Workingman

Postby TheOstrich » 23 Aug 2024, 19:38

The pictures from the Leeds Festival don't look too good ......
TheOstrich

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe