Christmas Day plans

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Christmas Day plans

Postby Gal » 10 Dec 2012, 12:32

Christmas just isn't the same without little ones :o

It'll be just Jen and I first thing.....we don't get up early any more - in fact it's me that will be up first as usual - we just have something to eat as normal and then open our presents. After a shower we get on with the meal - Tom will be here as well and possibly Amy so I will cook Christmas lunch for four. Until this year, Donna and John have called in en route to his mum's, but she is working till 4pm this year so we won't see Lewis till then. Maybe not at all :|

In past years we'd then go to my sister's in the evening for party games and a gorgeous buffet, but they now go to their adult son's house for the day and of course all have a drink or three, so that's that. So we will stuff our faces with sweets and drinks and watch rubbish telly (I'm not a huge fan of anything that's on this year :| ) Oh and this year to cap it all, I am working Chrismas Eve until approx 3.30 :|

((((((((((((MM))))))))
Gal

Postby miasmum » 10 Dec 2012, 21:38

I know this year really falls badly for us workers :cry: :cry:
miasmum

Postby elusivelaine » 10 Dec 2012, 22:41

My boss has given us Christmas Eve off, along with Christmas Day. So it will be a good long weekend.
It's the first Christmas since my divorce, so I plan to drive to my sister's house and stay with her from
Friday night thru Christmas Day. I still have a few different kinds of candy to make - so I will get sis
to help and we'll do that on Saturday. My brother will drive here (it's a 2 1/2 hr drive for him one way) on
Sunday and so we'll have our big meal on Christmas evening. Turkey and all the fixin's ! :D 8-) ;)
Mmmmmmmmmm. Then we'll go to an evening church service and open pressies when we get home.
I plan to sleep in the following morning. :?
"I'd kiss you, but I just washed my hair." - Bette Davis
elusivelaine

Postby Gal » 10 Dec 2012, 23:00

miasmum wrote:I know this year really falls badly for us workers :cry: :cry:

On the plus side, for me, I won't be back at work until January 2 (after the C Eve extra) as I have taken some holiday, and then on account of my regular days, I will be off again the Thurs and Fri, so not all bad! :)
Gal

Postby miasmum » 10 Dec 2012, 23:51

That's good, my days are horrible, as I have Tues and Fri off, so Christmas week I work until 5.30 Christmas Eve, then off Tuesday as usual and get Weds extra, back at work all day Thurs but Friday is my day off. The following week is just a normal week for me with Tuesday and Friday off
miasmum

Postby lissie » 11 Dec 2012, 09:59

Son and DIL had plans to rent a cottage near us and cook a Christmas dinner as a treat for us.
As is usual in our family a last minute change of plans.
They are coming with the two little ones to us on the 23rd and i am cooking Christmas dinner.
My grandaughter (Canterbury uni) is coming but will have to see if her boyfriend will be with her.
They are staying the night and then up early for a cooked breakfast then off to Ashford to catch the
Euro train through the channel tunnel to Paris Disney as a treat for the boys (they don`t know)
Back on Boxing Day and will come back to us and stay another night as we are only half hour drive
from Ashford International.
Christmas day will be just the two of us (unless Daughter comes up trumps and invites us over)

lissie :P :P :P
lissie

Postby Kaz » 11 Dec 2012, 10:11

I hope she does Lissie - you will deserve it with all that! :) :)
Kaz

Previous

Return to Cafe