Who won? I completely forgot about it! :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Re: The Random Thread

Postby JoM » 03 Apr 2017, 22:18

Ally wrote:
saundra wrote:It's the boat race again this has come round quick :lol:

Who won? I completely forgot about it! :lol:

Oxford won the men's race, Cambridge won the women's.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Ally » 03 Apr 2017, 22:28

Oh ta Jo - except I forgot I'd asked! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby tonicha » 03 Apr 2017, 22:28

Just come inside - a lovely warm evening 8-) 8-)
tonicha

Postby JoM » 03 Apr 2017, 22:58

Ally wrote:Oh ta Jo - except I forgot I'd asked! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know how I'd remembered, I don't usually take much notice of the boat race :lol:

JoM

Postby JoM » 03 Apr 2017, 23:22

Just applied for Joe's provisional licence :o

It's only taken an hour for the site to finally stop crashing. John was having the same problem as he was submitting details for Tom's student finance at the same time.

I'm sick of the internet today, hence why I've only just shown up on here today.

We popped into Birmingham yesterday and Joe wanted a new jacket which he'd seen last week in Primark in Stafford so John took him to buy it while I went elsewhere. When I met up with them John said his debit card had been declined as it had expired. He hadn't been sent a new one though.

When we got home he called Barclays to see what was going on. It turned out that the card had been issued and sent to our old address. We changed the address immediately after we moved, six years ago, and since then all correspondence, including new cards for both of us, have been delivered here.
The man in India said that John needed to use the app to contact a different service. He doesn't have the app, I do as I sort out all finances. I had to get on the phone and speak to him (and his English was dreadful) and he said I needed to disconnect wifi for it to work properly and then I could direct call from the app and all that he'd noted down would be there for the next advisor to see. I said that I had no 4G here, just GPRS and a terrible almost non-existent phone signal. He said that there was no other way of sorting it.
I made the direct call, spoke to someone else who had no information whatsoever because according to him I needed to be using wifi. My signal kept dropping really low and after half an hour of trying to sort things out it went completely.
Made another call. Sent around in more circles so I decided to try an online chat.
It took me 3 hours and 7 advisors before I could get a complaint submitted.
I was asked when I would be available for a supervisor to call me sometime within the next two days.
I said between 11am and 1pm UK time on either day.
Someone called at 7.30pm, while we were out with Billy.

I need to summon up the strength to look for a new bank account as Barclays have lost us as customers after 30 years. Not only have they sent a card to the wrong address - which 'the system' decided to change our address back to, apparently, that's the only answer they can give us - but it's a Contactless card so it doesn't even need a PIN to be used.

JoM

Postby tonicha » 04 Apr 2017, 07:28

Berlimey Jo :shock: :shock:

We're also with Barclays, but in Jersey and I just have to ring a free number to speak to them.
tonicha

Postby Ally » 04 Apr 2017, 08:45

Blimey Jo..that'd sent me nuts! :evil:

Time to find a new bank like you say. xx
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 04 Apr 2017, 09:04

Jo that's absolutely disgraceful :shock: :evil:
Kaz

Postby JoM » 04 Apr 2017, 10:59

Believe me Ally, it was sending me nuts. John told me to give up on it but I just couldn't.

Kaz, the ridiculous thing is that we had to go through security each time we spoke to someone on the phone and one asked for a direct debit and the amount. I couldn't check it properly because I couldn't access the app to see what was what because I'd been told to use my mobile to call. I guessed at our mortgage payment. Got the building society right of course and I knew the amount in pounds but not the exact pence. That wasn't good enough. We don't have that many direct debits but what we do have, apart from the mortgage, Netflix and Prime, have all changed amounts in the last few weeks so I couldn't even begin to guess at them.
Netflix wasn't an acceptable answer as that's a standard amount that many people have.

JoM

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe