Good Morning everyone.

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good Morning everyone.

Postby Maywalk » 01 Dec 2012, 09:14

Well its the first day of December and here I am wondering where all the years have vanished.
It will soon be Christmas and I have received three cards already so it look as though I had better get mine sorted out and posted off. Anyone doing anything exciting today??????????? ;)
Maywalk

Re: Good Morning everyone.

Postby tonicha » 01 Dec 2012, 09:28

Morning Maywalk and everyone

Another glorious morning, but chilly :shock: got to be single figures outside, and I've even put socks on :D

Exciting things today? Ironing, cleaning and making a green thai curry.

Oh and should be skyping with daughter and grandson, now that is something to look forward to.

And I haven't even thought about Christmas cards yet :roll:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
tonicha

Postby Paddypix » 01 Dec 2012, 09:45

Good morning everyone. It's cold and damp here but lovely and calm. I have a gym class at 10.15 and then a day of sorting out my case and getting everything back to normal after my short break. The bathroom scales gave me a bit of a shock this morning so it's back on the straight and narrow as from right now until Christmas. :roll:
Paddypix

Postby Diflower » 01 Dec 2012, 10:03

Morning all :)
Lovely again here, bright and cold and frosty.
After the town Christmas fair last night, there's one in the next town today, and since it's convenient for Lidl I think we or at least I will be going. The military wives' choir is performing so I'm really looking forward to that :)
Eldest and his g/f are also coming tonight so Bb will be extra happy too.

I got some rather nice material in a charity shop a week or so ago; it's dark brown, sort of velvety with a pattern in it, but it shines when it catches the light. I thought it might make a long skirt, so yesterday got brave and started on it. I don't have a pattern simple enough, so have made one instead. Question is, having never put in a zip, do I try that or chicken out and give it an elasticated waist? ;)

Hope Kate's not overdoing it at her sale, and hope everyone has a good day
Di
x
Diflower

Postby Diflower » 01 Dec 2012, 10:09

Ton it's lovely to have you back as Ton :D
Diflower

Postby Ally » 01 Dec 2012, 10:11

Gooooood morning :D :D :D

Cold here..but sunny in my heart. :lol: :lol:

Had the most fabulous day yesterday..and last night was a hoot at the Irish Centre and made all the more special as Craig and Leilani were there. :D

Busy (just for a change! :lol: ) day again.

Breakfast out this morning, shopping, checking into the hotel, getting ready, visiting Joan and then meeting loads of friends at the Hare and Hounds in Kings Heath at half four. :D
Lots of different friends from all over are coming. :D :D

And the icing on the cake?? Craig and Leilani are staying over tonight and are spending another day with us!! :D :D :D

Woop woop! :D :D

He'll drive back around 9 tomorrow morning and go into work a bit later..perks of being the boss. ;) ;) :lol:

Enjoy the day. x
Ally
Site Admin

Postby saundra » 01 Dec 2012, 10:21

morning every one
rain here
iv just done a good morning post
and i cant find it :o
anyway my DIL is comming today
she went to hospital yesterday had drain staples taken out
feels more confortable came home to her fruit delivery loved it
so its a buffet today tesco delivery
dif put elastic in your skirt then it can expand
ally glad you had a good meet with aggers
ton welcome back
i wrote my xmas cards yesterday
have a good day all
saundra

Postby Kaz » 01 Dec 2012, 10:25

Good morning everyone :D Morning ton, nice to have 'you' back lol :D

Ally I'm so glad you are enjoying frosty old England ;)

Di enjoy the choir and dressmaking 8-)

Ton skyping is so clever - my MIL used it over the summer to skype with one of her grandsons who was working in Spain 8-)

May can you do my Christmas cards too please, while you're at it????? ;) :lol:

Paddy good luck, I'm still doing WW and at this time of year it gets hard :? :mrgreen: ;)

saundra I'm so glad your DIL is feeling better xxxxx

Harry is here this weekend so what we do today sort of depends on what he wants to do, but at some point we are buying Christmas decorations - there is a newish huge shop on one of the retail parks nearby that according to my MIL is full of great Christmas stuff 8-) As I want to go modern this year I need all new decs as our old stuff was very traditional to match the old house.............

Enjoy your day everyone (((x)))
Kaz

Postby Lozzles » 01 Dec 2012, 11:32

Morning chums :D Cold and frosty day here, so wrapping up and going for a long walk with Mr L and Jasper.
Di, put a zip in it! I'm sure you can find a tutorial on youtube. It isn't difficult, just a little fiddly at first.
Have a good day everyone and enjoy everything you are doing x
Lozzles

Postby jenniren » 01 Dec 2012, 11:48

Morning all :D

Would have been in here earlier but my pc is playing up a bit :? Mr.J and I are celebrating 39 years of wedded bliss today. We've just had a nice leisurely brekkie and opened our cards. Then it's back to the mundane again as we need to whip round the house and do a quick tidy up as the family will be here tomorrow for Mr.J's 60th birthday. This afternoon we'll be at the CH for mother's Christmas party. Because tomorrow will be very busy we've decided to have a quiet evening in..........the bubbly is already in the fridge :lol:

Sounds like most of you are busy today too. Hope you all have a lovely day :D

jen x
jenniren

Next

Return to Cafe