Good Morning everyone.

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Good Morning everyone.

Postby debih » 01 Dec 2012, 11:48

Morning all. Its much warmer here today - although it has chucked it down all night (but the sun seems to be trying to put in an appearance now).

Pottering for me and the girls this morning - Mick is busy down at the village christmas tree putting up the new lights. The Parish Council have splashed out this year and bought new laser lights that shine onto the tree, rather than being strung off it. Mick says they should look really good. He then has a busy afternoon in the kitchen, getting it all wired up and (hopefully) getting the cooker back in. Bless him - he was going to have this as his birthday weekend as he was so busy last weekend when it was his birthday - he will have to shift it forward another week again.

This afternoon the girls and I are off to the Christmas market in town. They are meeting up with some friends to go and do their xmas shopping. L has just been counting her money - she has £17 plus the £10 I said I would give them so hopefully some nice gifts for us this year. S hasn't counted hers yet but I have a feeling that she will have more as she had some left over from her hols. I will have a wander round on my own (I am going again with Mick in the morning) and then taking the girls to my sisters as she and her partner are taking them to the local pantomime and they are staying over night with her. They are icing the xmas cakes in the morning (remember my big blue elephant from last year :roll: :roll: :roll: ). So as we are childfree for the evening, we will probably pop out for a drink.

Happy Anniversary Jen and Mr Jen. Have a lovely day.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby fudgie21 » 01 Dec 2012, 11:52

my worst nightmare today, black ice everywhere. Walking the dog is so dangerous and we haven't ventured far. apart from that it's a lovely bright day with blue skies and sunshine.
I'm so pleased your daughter in law is better Saundra and I see Tonicha is back with us...we won't mention footie eh?
Not a lot happening here today but all the family coming for lunch tomorrow so that will be hectic, enjoy the day folks :D
Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear....Mark Twain.
fudgie21

Postby Aggers » 01 Dec 2012, 12:19

Good morning, all.

It looks lovely outside today, so we will be going to a Christmas Fair at Earlswood this afternoon.

Christmas will soon be here !!! I do love it.

Enjoy your day, whatever you are doing.
Aggers

Postby Diflower » 01 Dec 2012, 14:31

Hope you have better luck than I did Aggers :)
I went, I tried, I couldn't get in! The town was full to busting; there are several car parks - and it's only a small town. Usually we can choose either Morissons or the Co-op car parks but everywhere was full and cars queuing. I crawled all round and gave up and went to Lidl, then tried again but it was at least as bad.
Bb offered to take us this afternoon but he has to go back there again at 6 to collect eldest and g/f so that's a bit silly :)

Congratulations Jen and Mr Jen :)
Loz I will, I have some quite good instructions and can see how it goes. The whole thing is being done from a magazine lesson for a patternless skirt, so I may as well try :)
Diflower

Postby Osc » 01 Dec 2012, 15:33

Afternoon all! Sorry to be so late, didn't even turn on my laptop until an hour ago :oops: It's a cold sunny day here, but not frosty. We were up around 9, had brekkie. Mr. Osc has man flu, his fairly annual November/December dose, the cough has now kicked in so I'm sleeping in another room ;) However, he will survive, he always does :lol: We walked down to the bottle bank with some bottles, then split up so he could have a leisurely walk around the block and I could step it out down on the pier. Came back, had shower, epilated my legs, had lunch and am now going to apply myself to the overseas Christmas cards. We are also (rather excitingly) looking into a rather cheap cruise offer I have seen on FB, Mr. Osc is looking up Mediterranean weather at the end of April :D It might come to nothing, but it's nice to look :D Enjoy the rest of the day everyone :)
Osc

Postby Paddypix » 01 Dec 2012, 16:51

Mediterranean weather at the end of April would be perfect Osc. We're off there again on 7 April when we expect it to be warm and sunny but not too hot. End of April and into May would be lovely. Ally will be able to tell you more.
Paddypix

Postby Kaz » 01 Dec 2012, 17:06

Well we had fabulous weather in Greece this Spring, so I'm sure it would be fabulous Osc :D

We've been out and bought the Xmas decs - I bought a 7ft black tree :shock: two big packs of huge new baubles (purple, gold, and white) new lights, a small LED pyramid shaped decoration, some tinsel with LED lights in, several free standing gold angel decs, and some Christmas cards for the kids to use for school/college friends - all for around the £60 mark which was great value I thought - the tree was only £18 and everywhere else I've looked a bg tree like that has been around the £50 - £80 mark :roll: I am well chuffed! b :D 8-) :lol:
Kaz

Previous

Return to Cafe