Just being curious - what do you think will happen .....

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Just being curious - what do you think will happen .....

Postby miasmum » 30 Apr 2021, 10:21

Oh God not more people ringing the surgery for stuff not related to their health.

Its so time consuming, because they don't take no for an answer
miasmum

Postby cromwell » 18 Aug 2021, 10:00

cromwell wrote:
meriad wrote:.... in the next few weeks / months.

I wonder if we compare notes in one years' time - what our views are then?

Mine are increasingly that the government have very dubiously voted themselves a vast increase in power over the ordinary citizen, and that no UK mainstream political party will willingly surrender these powers.
If I'm wrong fair enough, but if I'm right then my days of voting for any mainstream party are over for good.

And lo and behold, from Scotland we have news that Nicola Sturgeon wants to make these emergency powers permanent. What a shock.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/poli ... s-24777647

I have every expectation that our Government wants to keep them too, but instead of being straightforward about it like the SNP, they will probably say the emergency powers have to stay because of "the climate crisis" or some such. :roll: :roll:
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 18 Aug 2021, 18:28

It's not new. From tithes and Danegeld to archery practice every Sunday to pub opening hours the elites have always sought to control the commoners. Yet us plebs have always found ways around them; today is no different.

They get a few decimal points to the left on their balance sheets and we just carry on.

I have running water, gas CH, electricity, a car, a fridge/freezer, food a-plenty, clothes, holidays of my choice wherever. Life has never been better for the ordinary person and any government that tries to take it away will find that we massively outnumber them.
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 04 Aug 2022, 19:48

I have been so grateful for my vaccinations, this last ten days or so. I have felt absolutely dreadful with Covid, God only knows how I would have felt without them! Today I can feel myself improving by the hour!

Thank goodness for the scientists and volunteers who made the vaccines possible! :Hi:
Kaz

Postby TheOstrich » 04 Aug 2022, 19:55

Sounds like you've had a really bad bout, Kaz .... glad you're now recovering. Has Mick recovered yet?

Back to mask-wearing? :?:
TheOstrich

Postby miasmum » 04 Aug 2022, 20:26

No no no, we have to wear them again at work, just us not the patients and it is horrible in the heat. I loved the freedom of not having to wear them.

We really need to learn to live with it. Some people get it worse than overs, some people get colds worse than others never mind flu. As for norovirus, now that I would wear a mask for
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 04 Aug 2022, 20:33

TheOstrich wrote:Sounds like you've had a really bad bout, Kaz .... glad you're now recovering. Has Mick recovered yet?

Back to mask-wearing? :?:

Thanks Ossie, yes it's almost the worst I've ever felt. Certainly worse than the couple of times I have had flu. Mick recovered more quickly than me, he's fine now.

Not sure on the mask wearing. To be honest I think at some point we'll all catch it, we just have to hope the vaccines keep us out of hospital.
Kaz

Postby JoM » 04 Aug 2022, 21:50

Thank goodness you’re starting to feel better Kaz.
It’s certainly a strange virus. When the three of us here had it we all had different symptoms.

The vaccines are certainly doing their job, thankfully.

I’m getting a bit worried about my mother. She’s housebound now, apart from going out for the occasional hospital appointment, so hasn’t been able to get out for her Spring booster. I think it was early October last year when she had her first booster and it was agreed that a nurse would visit to give her the Spring one but as of yet it’s not happened.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 05 Aug 2022, 16:29

Jo, Mick and I both had completely different symptoms, and we definitely had the same variant as I caught it from him! :roll:

Gosh that is a bit of a worry about your mum - is it possible to chase it up for her? xxx
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 06 Aug 2022, 00:27

I gave it to 4 people and all 5 of us had different symptoms
miasmum

Previous

Return to Cafe