What's your Fave Christmas Tipple?

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: What's your Fave Christmas Tipple?

Postby Diflower » 27 Nov 2012, 00:03

Oh I forgot Boxing day :D
It's my famous bloody Marys - tomato juice bought just the once a year specially :)
I made them anyway, but learnt my secret recipe from a house of ill repute somewhere in the desert outside of Las Vegas 8-)
(No, I wasn't working there, just visiting - and we didn't realise what the place was at first :D )
Diflower

Postby miasmum » 27 Nov 2012, 00:50

Mulled wine is a must at Christmas and I like a little Grand Marnier too
miasmum

Postby Fugitive » 27 Nov 2012, 09:48

Amaretto is like drinking liquid marzipan, so like Marmite you either love it or hate it. Every year I buy a bottle of Crofts Original Pale Sherry as a memory of Christmases past and every year I think I must buy it more oftenas it is so delicious and vanishes very quickly, but then I can buy three bottles of Sainsbury's Pink Plonk in Plastic screw top bottles for the same price!
Fugitive

Postby Lozzles » 27 Nov 2012, 10:21

Diflower wrote:I made them anyway, but learnt my secret recipe from a house of ill repute somewhere in the desert outside of Las Vegas 8-)
(No, I wasn't working there, just visiting - and we didn't realise what the place was at first :D )

Oh yeah! :roll: ;)
Lozzles

Postby Weka » 27 Nov 2012, 20:04

My poppa use to make all the girls in the family a pimms, with ginger wine, bitters, and lemonade. We haven't had one since he died, infact my family has kind if forgotten to drink on Christmas day. But then we go to hubby's family for dinner, and the alcohol is flowing. There is either wine or baracadi. Some years we have had to stay over as no one could talk let alone drive! All changed now with kids though. The same quantities now are not consumed. But there is still no way we could visit the family in the reverse order. :lol:
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Previous

Return to Cafe