Good Morning Monday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good Morning Monday

Postby JanB » 15 Jan 2024, 09:15

Morning everyone

Sunny and cloudy. Looks like we had some rain overnight and more is forecast. Mild at 21C.

The washing will have to wait, as the forecasts say showers for most of the week :Hi:

I need to contact Pedro the plumber for some friends, as their Portuguese is very limited and also arrange to meet Heldar, the builder, about this wall with all the electrics in.

Also making dessert for tomorrow and more favas.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Re: Good Morning Monday

Postby Kaz » 15 Jan 2024, 10:14

Morning Jan and everyone :)

It's flipping freezing here Jan, 21 sounds good :mrgreen: :cute: :lol: xx

Going into town to meet Em later, D still isn't too well so we'll be round there at some point. Becky is on a Greyhound Bus on her way to Melbourne for a couple of days, then Canberra on Thursday to start her job.

Have a good day everyone xxx
Kaz

Postby cromwell » 15 Jan 2024, 11:17

Good morning both.
Sunny and chilly here.
The men from Virgin media are in our street, digging the paths up.
MrsC has gone down with the sickness bug that is doing the rounds; our daughter was bad with it last night.
Not to be selfish, but I hope I manage to avoid it.
We need a quick trip to the shops, apart from that it will be a quiet day here.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Osc » 15 Jan 2024, 11:22

Morning all, sunny but bitterly cold here, temperature limping up to 0 degrees. The golf course is closed due to frost, which is just as well as we are expecting a courier delivery this morning and Edward will be here. I’m going to my mobility class, then this afternoon we will be going to Edward’s brother’s house where he will be reposing between 5-7, not a custom I particularly like but it has to be done.

Miss Osc, my sister and I had a lovely time last night, a meal and then the show, which was very funny. We got a taxi quite easily afterwards back to my sister’s house where I had left my car, and Miss Osc and I were home at a reasonable time. Later than usual when I got to bed though and I didn’t get to sleep for a while so I’m tired this morning.
Osc

Postby jenniren » 15 Jan 2024, 14:08

Afternoon all :D

Had a phone call just before 9 this morning. Mr Mostofi's surgery list had been cancelled so could I get down there asap in stead of as planned this afternoon. What a rush, meant we didn't get a chance to have a proper wash, just a lick and spit as they used to say lol Also meant no time for food. Luckily my lovely neighbour was able to change his plans and get me to the hospital by 10. Good news, Mr Mostofi is very pleased with the x-rays and the boot's off. Instead I'm sporting a rather fetching shoe, actually it looks more like a sandal. I'll only need it until the swelling goes down enough to get a proper shoe on. Still need crutches, but only until it's less painful and I feel stable, then they can go and I'll be back to the walking stick. I'll have a follow up appointment in 4mths time.

We've only been home 40mins or so, just had brekkie :o No other plans for today, we're both cream crackered...........

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby cromwell » 15 Jan 2024, 14:18

A good neighbour is a wonderful thing to have Jen. i'm glad it went well for you.
cromwell

Postby JanB » 15 Jan 2024, 15:10

So pleased it all went well and you are now bootless :Hi: :Hi:
JanB

Postby saundra » 15 Jan 2024, 15:18

That's good news Jen and glad your neighbours could help no doing marathon just yet
Hope you don't get the light crommers
Get well to Mick Kaz and glad B is getting around
We had snow earlier but all gone now by for now
saundra

Postby JoM » 15 Jan 2024, 16:19

Afternoon all, it’s sunny here but we woke to a light covering of snow.

Bill had his walk, he was keen to get out as me and John were up in Manchester yesterday afternoon and evening so he didn’t get walked. He had to step in for Joe at the match as he was leaving late afternoon for a few days working on the Isle of Wight. I’d have gone on my own but there’s been a new rule brought in that season tickets have to be scanned for 15 out of the 19 league games this season or they don’t get renewed so John going meant Joe’s was scanned.

Hope you stay well Crommers and that Mrs C is soon better.

Get well wishes to D, Kaz x

Good news Jen!

Osc, you’re both in my thoughts x

Have a good rest of the day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby cromwell » 15 Jan 2024, 17:33

Thanks for the good wishes people. MrsC is sparked out on the settee. She has no energy. Eliza we thought was better yesterday but is also tire out today. Our daughter is the worst, she had a really bad night last night. This bug is a nasty one.
cromwell

Next

Return to Cafe