Good morning Friday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Friday

Postby Ally » 02 Feb 2024, 07:22

Good morning.

Another sunny day and forecast 21°. 8-)

Our friends Toni and Pete, who live in Arboleas in Murcia, are driving down to spend the weekend with us. :cute:

We haven't seen them since we went to visit them in July 2020 (when we were allowed to go out different province out) :lol: so we're really looking forward to seeing them. :P

They should get here around 2pm and we'll go straight to Gambrinus for lunch. :D

Six nations rugby kicks off tonight with France v Ireland so we'll watch that in a bar.
Conor's coming over to boost the Irish contingency :lol: and he'll be staying the night too. :D

That'll be a lot of bacon rolls in the morning then. :lol:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Friday

Postby JanB » 02 Feb 2024, 08:33

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Going to be a lovely, sunny day at 19C 8-)

Grumpy will be washing the posh car after coffee, I'll be cooking all the samosas and we'll head off about 9.30, to have a coffee, before we get to the coffee morning, as I don't actually have time for a coffee or anything else, as I'm talking to various bods, collecting plates, helping with the washing up, dishing out the coffee and tea :roll: :lol:

We'll go to the O Novo Coimbra for lunch.

Have a lovely time with your friends Ally :Hi:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby JoM » 02 Feb 2024, 09:15

Morning all, it’s a sunny one.

Big news, Tom has been approved for a shared ownership house so it’s all systems go for him with mortgage applications and solicitors. It’s a lovely house, we viewed it last Saturday morning. It’s a new build end terrace on a lovely new estate in a village just outside of Burton on Trent, 3 bedrooms and a lovely big kitchen.

I’m slightly battered today :lol: Me and Joe went to the away game at Wolves last night and when our 97th minute winner went in our end erupted and I somehow ended up flat on my back on the concrete steps with a few others, no idea where Joe landed but he wasn’t on the row where we’d been standing when I found him :lol: It was mental. Got bruises on my leg and arm and a grazed leg too, worth it for an ending like that though :lol:

Just off to town now before the Tesco delivery comes.

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby meriad » 02 Feb 2024, 09:37

Hello and good morning you three and everyone

Ally, have just the best time with your friends and good luck with the rugby!
Jan, that made me laugh - having coffee before your coffee morning; but does make sense :lol: Enjoy the lunch after
Jo, congrats to Tom - and oh ouch; glad nothing more that bruises and a graze

Well, work from home day for me - three in a row and I needed it. Been feeling a bit not quite right the past few days; nothing to pinpoint, just wake up more tired than I was when I went to bed and no energy, but this morning seems to have turned a corner - fingers crossed. Hygienist appointment this morning and then this afternoon I'll work from Karl and Nadine's.

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby cruiser2 » 02 Feb 2024, 10:00

Good morning everybody.

A cool 13C when i got up and went fot the paper. There are some grey clouds in the distance but lots of blue skies.

Taking my friend who got back from Austaralia yesterday afternoon for food shopping. I told her she would not be fit to drive.
Back home I will just be pootling again. If it stays dry I will cut up the twigs which have landed on the lawn. The have been blown off a tree
in the garden of the house which backs onto mine. They are good neighbours so i do not complain.

Ally enjoy your meeting with friends. Jan, I have a degree in wahing up if you want some help.
Jo, I thought you had to sit down to watch a football match.
JoM, when Tom finally buys the house, make sure the buildings and contents insurance is in joint names. It means if one leaves, the houseis still insured.
Have a good day everybody
cruiser2

Postby Workingman » 02 Feb 2024, 10:53

Morning all.

It's another meh sort of day. Gas and electric bills to pay, that sort of thing.

Ally, thanks for the heads up re the Six Nations, I had forgotten.

Jan, enjoy your coffee and samosas and the trip.

Jo, I see 'Fergie Time' still exists you lucky s**s. ;) :lol: And well done Tom.

Ria, I had my first decent sleep for days as well. It must be that January thing.

Cruiser, good advice re insurance.

Well, a bit of breakfast and then erm, err....

Enjoy you day everyone.
Workingman

Postby Osc » 02 Feb 2024, 11:07

Morning all, it’s a lovely sunny but chilly one. Mobility class this morning, and getting my nails done at 2pm. This BIAB manicure I’ve been getting is working very well, goodness knows what my nails are like underneath but they are growing like mad and always look nice. It’s a bit expensive every three weeks, but Edward says as long as he has known me, I have always wanted my nails to look good and knew how frustrated I was with them being so brittle and having to keep them short, so if I’m happy, he is happy ;) Going dancing tonight.
Osc

Postby jenniren » 02 Feb 2024, 12:36

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

Have a lovely time with your friends Ally.
Jan that made me chuckle :lol:
Jo, good news for Tom. Ouch for the footies bruises :o
Glad you're feeling a bit better this morning Ria.
Enjoy your shopping trip Cruiser.
Always good to get a good nights sleep WM.
I've never heard of a BIAB manicure Osc, sounds good.

As suspected the car battery was as flat as a pancake. Luckily my bank account gives me breakdown cover which includes home start so the AA turned up yesterdy afternoon and fitted a new one. As it's my left ankle and I have an automatic I'm finally allowed to drive, just waiting for Sainsbury's to deliver and then I'll be off out for a short run around the block.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby cromwell » 02 Feb 2024, 14:06

Good afternoon.
Just back from the big shop.
We have got Jim's shopping too.
We also have the council ringing us up asking about Jim's bank accounts. Good luck with sorting that out; but they seem to think that we are going to be a big help to them.
I saw something unusual yesterday whilst waiting at the traffic lights.
An african lady was walking down the street with a full bag of shopping. Nothing unusual about that, apart from the fact that she was balancing it on her head.
Jo, I watched that match. Wolves were so happy when they made it 3-3! It can be a cruel game.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby meriad » 02 Feb 2024, 15:21

cromwell wrote:An african lady was walking down the street with a full bag of shopping. Nothing unusual about that, apart from the fact that she was balancing it on her head.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Crommer, I probably wouldn't even have noticed that! It's what I grew up with back in SA so for me that would have blended right in.
meriad

Next

Return to Cafe