Amazon is riddled with spammers.

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Amazon is riddled with spammers.

Postby Workingman » 02 Feb 2024, 11:05

As you know I had been looking for blankets and, yes, I did try looking at a few on Amazon that claimed to be but were not - they were throws so I didn't bother.

However, since then I have had four emails telling me that my order has been posted and all I need to do to track it is click on this or that link. As I never made an order a delivery is impossible so I just deleted them.

I have forwarded them to Amazon to flag up the issue but I am not that convinced that Amazon is interested.

I know full well that a click on the links will take me to the spammer's (fake) site(s) where I will be asked to give over my bank details and so on. Some people will fall for it.
Workingman

Re: Amazon is riddled with spammers.

Postby meriad » 02 Feb 2024, 15:22

It's scary just how quick these scammers are; and even more scary how many people fall for them - despite countless warnings and heads up
meriad

Postby Suff » 05 Feb 2024, 00:37

A tale of two different sites. I had a scammer sell me a phone in France which was not as advertised. They managed to attack me with Amazon and for a while I lost the ability to get stuff delivered to Amazon lockers.

Yet youngest son had a similar issue on eBay and whilst he was arguing with them about the POS they sold him (tablet which was old hardware but the bios was masking it), the eBay threat systems detected a problem, contacted him, got the info and refunded him. He got to keep the table too.

I have been very careful with Amazon since. I mainly use it for rapid delivery stuff where eBay will take up to a week and I want it tomorrow or the next day.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby cruiser2 » 05 Feb 2024, 09:24

If I have to use Amazon as iot may be the onl suplier of the item I want, I get a friend to order it. She ueses it a lot so I can get it the next day
as she has Prime.

This means Amazon do not have my details. And I am not getting any emails from them.
cruiser2

Return to Cafe