Good morning Wednesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Wednesday

Postby Ally » 07 Feb 2024, 08:15

Good morning.

A beautiful sunrise and forecast 22°. 8-)

Going for a walk with Don to Guadalmar. :D

Need to book a hotel for when we go to Salobrena so I'll do that today. :D

TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Wednesday

Postby JanB » 07 Feb 2024, 09:05

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Another foggy start, but it's already clearing and we'll have another lovely, warm day. I almost got the sun lounger out yesterday :lol:

Off to Ourique after coffee, get the supermarkets out of the way. As the Honda is still on it's hols, Grumpy will have to take me in. I've not driven the posh car yet, so better he does that. He'll stay in the car, as he's still struggling to walk.

I'll do a bit of gardening after breakfast, then Tina and Sergio are coming up this afternoon. Sergio will look at the branches and see if he can cut them or if we need some-one with different tools.

Then they're doing the strimming for us :Hi: Hate having to pay for some.one else to do what we both enjoy, but needs must at the moment.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 07 Feb 2024, 09:51

Good morning everybody.
It was only 13C when i got up. Had to defrost the windscreen before i went for the paper. There are some clouds but they are not grey rain clouds.

Waiting for a plumber/gas engineer to come. I have decided to have a gas hob and I will have the two gas fires connected when he does the work.

He has one some lobs for us before so will always use him. he is now doing work for friends I will have to tell him I want commission.

Then doing some shopping

Have a good day eveybody.
cruiser2

Postby Kaz » 07 Feb 2024, 10:57

Morning all :)

Perfect weather for a walk Ally :) xx

Jan, poor Grumpy, what exactly is the issue with his back? :( xx

Cruiser, I wouldn't be without my gas hob - by far the best in my experience xx

I am going with D this afternoon to her hearing aid annual check-up. It's at Boots in the city centre, and she doesn't like going to town by herself any more. Mick and I will go up to hers at lunchtime, I will grab something from Tesco for lunch - they sent me a £5 Clubcard voucher :lol: Zumba tonight.

Love to all xxx
Kaz

Postby Osc » 07 Feb 2024, 11:17

Morning all, it’s a nice bright day here with hazy sunshine. I have a list of bits and pieces to work through, take out money, organise daytime clothes, underwear and jewellery for our dance break, get a suitcase and the toilet bags down from the attic. I also want to hand wash a cardigan of Edward’s, I have three others in the washing machine but this one said hand wash. I’ve also started putting together an updated family tree so I might do some work on that, plus do some more of my jigsaw.
Osc

Postby Kaz » 07 Feb 2024, 11:19

All that will certainly keep you out of mischief Osc :lol:
Kaz

Postby cromwell » 07 Feb 2024, 12:26

Morning all.
A bright, cold morning here atm.
MrsC is at our son's and we have brought Pat down the road a newspaper. She doesn't like to leave her husband for long as he is pretty much bed bound these days.
I might get a couple of bits from Sainsbury's whilst I have time on my hands and get the car filled up.
Have a good day all.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby jenniren » 07 Feb 2024, 12:28

Morning all :D

Rain overnight, but it's dry now.

We had a lovely drive yesterday and because it was nice and flat I managed to walk a little further than I have so far, very chuffed. Hoping to do it again today if the rain stays away.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby meriad » 07 Feb 2024, 12:46

Good morning all
Ally, hope you enjoy(ed) the walk and have fun hotel booking
Jan, hope you get all you need at the supermarket. Re the weeding - agree with the needs must. And fingers crossed for the cutting of branches - hope Sergio can do it for you
Cruiser, your house will be so much warmer once you have the gas fires active - yay!
Kaz, hope D's check up goes well
Osc, does your washing machine not have a handwash cycle? I've used mine in the past and it's great and really gentle. Enjoy the rest of your day - you're certainly going to be busy
Crommers, hope you have a good day
Jen, that's amazing - well done you! Fingers crossed the rain does stay away (although not holding my breath) and you manage another lovely walk; just don't overdo it.

Another office day for me, so really nothing exciting to report.

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby JanB » 07 Feb 2024, 14:07

Kaz wrote:what exactly is the issue with his back?

He was trying to pull a lemon tree upright, that the wind had virtually blown over :shock:

He's pulled and twisted something, so hot water bottles and painkillers, along with rest.

Well done Jen, slowly does it :Hi:
JanB

Next

Return to Cafe