Good Morning Thursday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Good Morning Thursday

Postby cromwell » 08 Feb 2024, 13:05

Good midday!
Snowing here now. It's setting a bit on the lawn, not so much on the roads.
On the end of my son's row of terraces lives a bloke we call Strangeboy, because he is. Strangeboy's latest is that he's rung the police to complain that one of his neighbours is "harassing" him. Twenty minutes alone with this bloke and you'd know that he has a slate loose, but we'll have to see what comes next; because there will certainly be something.
MrsC has nipped across to see her sister; we were going out but looking at the weather that might have to wait.
Enjoy the day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Kaz » 08 Feb 2024, 15:12

Afternoon all :)

Loads of posts already so I will just say Hi and wave to everyone :)

It’s raining here, yuck! Up early to FaceTime with Becky, who is very well and happy in her latest house sit :) Lovely house with aircon and a pool, and 30 degrees temps - can’t be bad :D She’s applied for a few P/T jobs locally and has been getting out and about with the dog - apparently everyone she meets has been very friendly, and interested as soon as they hear her English accent :)

Had some extremely good news this morning, Chris had an episode of atrial fibrillation recently and has been waiting for an ultrasound on his heart. That’s been done this morning and it was fine, which is a huge relief. His dad died of cardiac problems in his fifties so it’s a big relief to know that’s not going on with my boy!

Been to Sainsburys with D, got some washing in the dryer, and I might iron in a while. Pilates tonight.

Love to all xx
Kaz

Postby saundra » 08 Feb 2024, 18:04

That's good news for Chris and you all such a worry
Glad B is enjoying her self in oz xx
saundra

Postby Kaz » 08 Feb 2024, 18:29

Thanks Saundra :)
Kaz

Postby JanB » 08 Feb 2024, 19:10

Good news Kaz, a relief for you all xx

And glad B is enjoying herself out there x

Well, the man from ICNF was lovely :Hi: Both of them actually. One couldn't speak English, so brought the other one. They were here for two hours :o :shock: Registered us with their site and needed so much information, you wouldn't believe. Out came our caderneta (deed) and all sorts of other legal stuff.

They very kindly filled in the required forms, the problem then was that we don't have a printer, so I had to write out, in my best Portuguese, our proposal, which he photographed, as well as our NIF numbers (tax numbers, like NI) and residençia cards.

They had a look at the trees, said they could so no problem with us cutting the four branches down, but wanted to know why.

Then he showed us that we actually owned another piece of land :shock: :lol: Not a huge amount, about 3 metres by 10, the other side of Brian's field. Registered in 1989, it was a veg plot, down by the stream :D

They left the gates open when they left, so rather than me walk down in the rain, Grumpy drove me down and we had a couple of calming beers :lol:

Chucking it down big time now :Hi: :Hi:
JanB

Postby Kaz » 09 Feb 2024, 13:35

That’s great Jan! :D Perhaps you should demand access to your land, through his! ;) :idea: :D :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Previous

Return to Cafe