Good morning Friday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Friday

Postby cruiser2 » 09 Feb 2024, 09:19

Good morning everybody.

It has been raining. It was 13C when I got up and went for the paper.
Going to Chorley later. Will have my lunch out.

Back home just pootlingagain.

Where are you Ally and JanB?
Have a good day everybody
cruiser2

Re: Good morning Friday

Postby Ally » 09 Feb 2024, 09:30

Good morning.

Didn't realise myself and Jan had to report our whereabouts to you Cruiser. :lol:

Joy and jubilation. It started raining (not heavily) at 11 last night and as I type it's not. :lol: Due to rain on and off till 11 tonight. It's very mild.

I'll enjoy a day at home then out tonight for Friday beers and tapas. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Postby meriad » 09 Feb 2024, 09:32

Good morning Cruiser and everyone - happy Friday!

Cruiser; enjoy Chorley and the lunch - hope the weather stays dry for you
Ally; I'll admit I also looked twice to make sure I hadn't missed a good morning starting post from you ;)

a very dull, wet and grey day here - it rained soooo much yesterday and last night. Ally, send me your address and I'll send some rain over to you! (if only it would be that easy!)
Friday = a work from home day for me, so the usual mix of work and pootle; although more pootle than work I think today. Whilst stock markets are their usual busy and volatile keeping everyone else really busy and on their toes; it doesn't affect my job (besides calming nerves).

Have a lovely day all; for the UK folk - stay dry!

x
meriad

Postby JanB » 09 Feb 2024, 09:41

Morning everyone

Dry at the moment, but more rain on it's way :Hi:

Sorry Cruiser, I had a good nights sleep, for a change and was zonko :lol: And of course, I have my nurse duties in the morning too :roll:

We will have to let a good 3 inches of water out of the pool this morning, before the next lot arrives, it's almost at the top :o Too late, it has just started again :lol:

Cleaning for me this morning and Chris is coming here again this afternoon, to work her magic. It is amazing the difference. And her an animal physio too :lol: :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Osc » 09 Feb 2024, 10:56

Morning all, it’s a grey day here but dry for the moment. No golf for Edward, the course is closed due to all the rain this week. I have lots of bits and pieces to do when I get home. No dancing tonight and I’m planning on giving myself a pedicure while we watch telly.
Osc

Postby cromwell » 09 Feb 2024, 11:40

Good morning.
Grey and horrible here, as usual. All yesterday's snow has melted.
To my second home shortly - Sainsbury's.
After that, who knows what adventures the new day will hold? (Probably not that many).
I'm glad that you are getting some rain, Ally and Jan. I wish you could have some of ours!
Have a great day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 09 Feb 2024, 11:43

Good morning to you all, including the late arrivers A & J. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is cool but dry. Yesterday it snowed all day till the evening, then it turned to rain turning the snow to slush. At least it cleared the paths and roads.

I am now away to do the shopping I put off yesterday and also get petrol and get the car valeted. It's an exciting life. ;) :D :D

Stay dry everyone, it looks as though we are all going to get rain at some time today.
Workingman

Postby jenniren » 09 Feb 2024, 11:55

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny, but showers are forecast so we'll see..........

Busy day for us today, Ed's got the washing on the go and Sainsbury's are due between 12-1. I'll be off to our surgery this afternoon, it's my ultrasound appointment at 2.40pm.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 09 Feb 2024, 13:41

Afternoon all :)

Al, I wish I could send you some of ours - it has felt non-stop since Christmas :roll: :( Loads of surface water about :roll: xx

Early start here for SW (on the norty step this week :P ) and after a pleasant cuppa and chat round Em’s Mick and I are having a late brunch in Portivo’s :) off to D’s shortly.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone :) xxx
Kaz

Postby JanB » 09 Feb 2024, 19:46

Well, four inches out of the pool later, it chucked it down again, but we should be okay for a day or so :roll:
~
Chris came up and did her magic, she thinks just one more session and he should be okay. Walking around with a walking stick has helped.

And you can tell I'm in charge of the fire. It was lit at 2.00 and has been roaring away ever since, house much warmer :lol:
JanB

Return to Cafe