Good morning Tuesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Tuesday

Postby Ally » 13 Feb 2024, 07:41

Good morning.

Sunshine and forecast 23°. The duvet got lobbed off the bed last night. :lol: 8-)

Meeting Ely at 9.30 for our convowalk. :D

We ended up going out yesterday for a very lengthy lunch :lol: so today I'm definitely staying at home to read. :D

TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Postby Workingman » 13 Feb 2024, 08:23

Good morning Ally and anyone else who is up.

It lashed it down overnight but it looks clear and bright for now. 5°C and no wind.

No idea what to do today, Even a pootle seems beyond me. Ah well, I can always have a nap or three.

Take care all of you.
Workingman

Postby JanB » 13 Feb 2024, 08:49

Morning Ally, WM and everyone

A bit grey this morning, but warm. And dry 8-)

Washing will be out soon and I have plans for being outside this morning. Also going to attempt to make some spring rolls. Will get the prep out of the way for dinner this morning and then this afternoon is mine to do what I want :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Workingman » 13 Feb 2024, 09:30

Ooh spring rolls.

Chicken or prawns, spring onions, bean sprouts, grated carrot, thinly sliced mange tout, 5 spice, oyster or hoisin sauce. Delish! :D :D

Hmm another cookathon coming on methinks.
Workingman

Postby jenniren » 13 Feb 2024, 11:08

Morning all :D

Dull and overcast :roll:

Still no call from the surgery, thoroughly fed up!! Not sure what we're doing today, depends on the weather, would be nice to get out for a short walk.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Osc » 13 Feb 2024, 11:57

Morning all, it’s currently nice and sunny here in Mayo, but due to rain again later. Yesterday we went to Croagh Patrick, which is Ireland’s “holy” mountain, thousands make a pilgrimage to it every year on the last Sunday in July. It’s a tough climb, over two hours up and the same back down. Needless to say, climbing was not on our agenda! Nearby is the National Famine Memorial, a truly stunning sculpture depicting the coffin ships that brought thousands to America during Famine times, many dying on the journey in terrible conditions.

We’re having a lovely time, the hotel is excellent, food is good and there is dancing every night. There are classes during the day too but we are not too bothered about them, although Edward has just gone to the ballroom to sit and watch. I might go for a potter around the town.
Osc

Postby cromwell » 13 Feb 2024, 14:14

Good afternoon.
Grey and chilly here today.
How annoying Jen!
We have been to drop some prescriptions off and then to Ponte to get Jimmy some M@S meals.
Eliza is due in ten minutes, stand by for energy!
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Kaz » 13 Feb 2024, 15:55

Afternoon all :)

Jen, that's so annoying :? xx

Osc, I saw the photos, very thought provoking. Some of my own ancestors left Derry during the Famine, but went to Scotland instead of the US. Glad you're having a nice time :) xx

It's belting down here, the fields and local rugby ground down by the Quays are under water again :cute:

We've had breakfast out, lunch round at D's - soup and a roll - and have just got home. Fraggle is 100% back to normal now, thank goodness, although we decided not to walk him round the docks in the rain. No more plans for today :)

Love to all xxx
Kaz

Postby meriad » 13 Feb 2024, 16:42

Hello all and good afternoon
Hope everyone has had a good day so far.
Osc, saw the photo's on FB - that sculpture is quite something isn't it :(
Kaz, glad Fraggle is back to his usual self - fusses from me.
Jen, can you call the surgery again yourself and chase? Very frustrating for you
Ally and Jan; please send some sunshine here
Frank, hope you managed to find something to do to keep you out of trouble? :D
Crommers, hope you and Mrs C are surviving Eliza? :D

Well, an unexpected day working from home for me... got to the station for my usual later train only for it to be delayed and then cancelled; with all subsequent services cancelled as well - emergency services dealing with an 'incidence' further up the line. Trains are running again but as one of the stations was closed for quite a while I suspect they had to deal with a fatality - just so heart-breaking. So got back home and then spent over an hour on the phone to John Lewis. I finally stopped dithering and bought a washing machine on Sunday. Because I had vouchers that couldn't be used online I had to go into a store... anyway long story short; yesterday I looked online again and found another one they didn't have on the shop floor and not sure why I hadn't seen it before given how much time I spent on that darn website.... anyway it was same make and same price, but A rating for energy vs B; and I think a slightly newer model. So managed to cancel the original machine and amended my order to the other one. Fingers crossed the right one turns up on Friday :D :D :D

Out to meet up with friends for dinner this evening

have a lovely rest of day all x
meriad

Postby Kaz » 13 Feb 2024, 18:00

That's so sad, Ria :(
Kaz

Return to Cafe