We'll have a beer and tapas when we're finished. :D

TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Thursday

Postby JanB » 15 Feb 2024, 09:14

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Grey, dull but dry at the moment, Expecting thunderstorms and rain for the rest of the day.

Grumpy seems a little better this morning, moving a bit easier. I have been given the phone number of a local physio, who comes highly recommended, and he comes to you, so I'll give him a ring later and get him to come round. Much better than travelling to the Algarve or Beja.

I have a small amount of ironing this morning and then we're out to lunch, with Chris and Lucy :Hi:

Ourique is well known for it's black pork and also has a festival for the bo.lota (acorn) and this week, is doing one for medronha. Which is basically rot gut :roll: It's actually a fruit from a bush and it's well known for it's burning ability, down your throat when you drink it. Some of the restaurants are doing meals, incorporating it, so we'll give it a go. Apparently, the bolota one was pretty foul :shock: :lol: Having eaten acorn cake, I'm not surprised :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Workingman » 15 Feb 2024, 09:38

Good morning Ally and Jan.

It's slate grey and persisting down, again.

Temps are up to 11 °C and we might get 15 °C this afternoon but with no sun.

Jan I don't fancy medronha nor acorn cake. No, not for me.

Today will be an online banking day. This time of year is when most of my Direct Debits need updating or checking that those in receipt are not robbing me. I did the car tax the other day and it is now £200 for the year. Goodness only knows what the Council Tax will be.

Have the best day you can everyone.
Workingman

Postby Osc » 15 Feb 2024, 11:52

Morning all, more drizzle and greyness here in Mayo - the sun made a brief appearance a while back, took one look and left again. Nevertheless we are going to head out for a walk. Tonight is the last night, gala night so dressing up to the max for us both. I’m going to do a bit more packing before we go out. Heading home tomorrow.
Osc

Postby meriad » 15 Feb 2024, 12:38

Hello and good morning all
Hope you had a lovely walk Ally - enjoy the beer and tapas; no doubt both very well deserved after the kind of walks you and David do
Enjoy the lunch Jan; and good luck with both the medronha :lol: :lol: :lol: Was the acorn one a type of drink as well or food?
Frank, hope you get everything sorted. I really need to do the same sometime - I'm terrible when it comes to my bank accounts :oops:
Osc, enjoy the walk and definitely enjoy the gala night - looking forward to seeing a photo of you both dressed up to the max!

Well wfh day for me - vet appointment this morning and now waiting for a delivery that's due between 12 and 1 apparently; I treated myself to some new pots. The ones I have are really not the best anymore and I saw this amazing special for some Tefal pots so went ahead and ordered them. Then later today the usual Sainsbury's run for a few things.

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby jenniren » 15 Feb 2024, 13:14

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

Good luck with the physio Jan, hope Grumy doesn't have to wait too long for an appointment.
Well done getting a bargain for your new pots Ria. I dread needing a new set, they all seem to come with glass lids these days, really not ideal, both Ed and I are way too clumsy :oops:

Well after being told by the receptionist to be sure to be in when my GP called Monday this week I received an e-mail yesterday telling me he would phone next Tuesday the 20th. No time, just to expect it anytime that day!!

Not sure if we'll get a walk today, waiting for NRS to collect the hospital equipment sometime today. Will be glad to see it all go, this place has looked like a hospital store room for long enough now. The rest belongs to us so Ed put it out in the garage yesterday. Just leaves the crutches, but I'll be needing them to get out for sometime yet.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JanB » 15 Feb 2024, 19:04

So annoying for you Jen :cry:

Well, that was a success :Hi:

They all had lamp cutlets, with a medronha sauce, which was a little grainy, but quite tasty. But the bestest bits were the "jam" to go with cheese, asa starter and then the salad of teeny beetroot, orange and a medronha sauce on it. Lush.

I had secretos, which is a cut of black pork and have brought most of it home with me for breakfast :lol:

We stopped at another bar, so Chris and Lucy know where it is, for a change.

Had rain, sunshine, wind and more rain.

Quiet night in now :lol: :lol:
JanB

Postby Kaz » 15 Feb 2024, 19:48

Good evening everyone :)

But of drama for us today, as D and I were on our way to Sainsbury's. Just up the road from her house, a very quiet residential road, a removal van carelessly parked so that cars were having to go up on the grass verge to pass. D did this, but somehow burst a tyre. So we had to ring Mick, who got it sorted.

D was quite shaken, we weren't injured at all but it doesn't take much these days to make her anxious, and that aggravates her COPD symptoms unfortunately. We stayed with her until she felt better, then Mick took me to Tesco.

Jan, I hope the new physio can help Grumpy :) xx

Jen, it's not great, is it? A whole day waiting :roll: xx

Osc, enjoy gala night :D xx

Waves to everyone :) xxx
Kaz

Postby JanB » 15 Feb 2024, 23:02

Kaz wrote:I hope the new physio can help Grumpy xx

Waste of time, he's not now practicing :shock:
JanB

Postby Kaz » 15 Feb 2024, 23:08