Good morning Saturday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Saturday

Postby Ally » 17 Feb 2024, 08:35

Good morning.

It's going to be another warm day forecast 23°. 8-)

Off for a walk soon.

Having lunch out with Don.

Chinese takeaway tonight and a film on Netflix.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Saturday

Postby JanB » 17 Feb 2024, 09:50

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Mist slowly going and the sun is out.

Had a problem with one of the freezers and have just had to move everything from it, into the other two :roll: I-ll have to pull one of the others out, to get at the plug. I-ts really old one, so doesn-t defrost itself :roll:

I-ll run the vacuum around and then mop the floors this morning. The rest of the cleaning can wait until my back is better.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you-re doing xx
JanB

Postby Kaz » 17 Feb 2024, 10:01

Morning everyone :)

23° sounds perfect Ally :D xx

Oh what a nuisance, Jan :( Take care with your back xx

It's sunny here, an early spring day, dare I say :? :lol: We're meeting Em and Dave for breakfast in the Quays, then round to D's. J and J are up from Weymouth, and Mick and Jeff have some garden stuff to do together - hedges needing cutting back, and some clearing. Also measuring up as we're planning to lay bark chips on the borders to cut down on weeding, and stones on the front, around the shrubs, for the same reason.

FaceTime with B tonight :D

Love to all :) xxx
Kaz

Postby Osc » 17 Feb 2024, 12:05

Morning all, it’s a horrible rainy day here. We got home just before 4pm yesterday, unpacked, got the dressy dresses in the wash and will spend today working my way through the rest of it. We had a lovely time although it was tiring - I’m having a problem with my hip when in bed which means I get woken by pain, I don’t do well losing sleep! I didn’t think it was our mattress as it is only 18 months old, and it was the same while away.It doesn’t affect my mobility during the day so doesn’t seem like hip replacement territory. I use one of those knee pillows which mostly helps. I think a doctor visit is needed.

While away, we arranged a short trip to Cork in early March, and also booked a cheeky little trip to Paris in April, mainly to visit Monet’s garden. Always need something to look forward to ;) Edward is prepping veg for the freezer and I want to make a batch of soup, so better hop in the shower and get started.
Osc

Postby cromwell » 17 Feb 2024, 12:59

Good morning, just.
A nice morning here but not up to Ally-esque standards!
Jan, please be careful with your back. Enjoy the facetime Kaz. Osc, my wife is getting a similar type of pain.
Our salix is starting to green up and we have snowdrops and crocuses through; this all seems very early in the year. I hope we don't have a cold snap.
MrsC is baking a cake and the house smells lovely.
Have a nice day all.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby jenniren » 17 Feb 2024, 13:09

Morning all :D

Drizzle :roll:

Enjoy lunch Ally.
How annoying about the freezer Jan, be careful and don't overdo it.
Have a lovely facetime with B tonight Kaz.
Take it easy with your hip Osc.
The cake baking smell sounds yummy Crommers.

We really enjoyed getting out for lunch yesterday and also had a nice stroll along the clifftop. Was planning to get out again today, but will have to wait and see what the weather's doing. Also expecting a Sainsbury's order any time now.

We'll be watching The Masked Singer final tonight, it's absolutely crazy but we love it. Haven't guessed anyone this series, such a suprise when Lorraine Kelly and Shirley Ballas were revealed!!

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby saundra » 17 Feb 2024, 13:24

Morning all its dull here. With rain forecast tonight and Sunday
Scarlett is on her way haven't seen her since Xmas but she has had a virus infection that her mum and dad had then a bad cold and a cough think its all from school hope your pain isent from dancing osc?
glad you had a good day jan
Enjoy face time kaz
Wish you could get an spray for baking smell I expect you can by for now xx
saundra

Postby JoM » 17 Feb 2024, 14:26

Afternoon all, it’s dull but quite mild.

Not much happening here today (for a change). We’ve walked Bill and this afternoon we need to collect a new hose nozzle from Screwfix, need to get a storage box from Ikea tonight too (wouldn’t dream of going during the day on a weekend). Joe’s gone into Birmingham with Amanda, she’s home for the weekend and is staying here tonight.

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby jenniren » 17 Feb 2024, 14:35

Saundra have a lovely time with Scarlett xx
jenniren

Postby saundra » 17 Feb 2024, 16:37

jenniren wrote:Saundra have a lovely time with Scarlett xx

Thanks Jen hada a lovely few hours bless her she still has a cough keeping her awake at night she looked washed out just starting to rain
saundra

Return to Cafe