Good morning Sunday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Sunday

Postby Ally » 18 Feb 2024, 07:19

Good morning.

Forecast a sunny 22°. 8-)

Off for a walk soon. :D

We've been invited over to Jacob and Inma's tonight for dinner. :cute:

Next Friday is the start of Semana Blanca (white week) and the schools will be on holiday for a week.
As Inma's a teacher, Jacob booked time of work and they're off to New York next Friday morning.

We won't see Jacob for our usual weekly breakfast until their return hence asking us over. :D

Yesterday, Jacob, Inma, Conor and Lucia went to the Interactive Music museum in Malaga, which they said was great fun and then had dinner at a Korean restaurant.
It's lovely they are all great friends. :cute:

We're off to Salobrena tomorrow so I need to think about things to chuck in my rucksack.
Sun factor for sure. :lol:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Sunday

Postby JanB » 18 Feb 2024, 08:19

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Going to be another lovely day 8-) Gorgeous sunrise again.

Off to the Centro de Saude soon, as I need a medical to renew my driving licence. Apparently, the system has changed and we now need a social security number, other wise we pay 35€ :shock: :o for an appointment. We'll have to get that sorted out next week though, so hopefully, I won't have to pay today.

Back for breakfast and general pootle.

Going to a friends for a late lunch, so that's the afternoon taken care of :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Kaz » 18 Feb 2024, 10:42

Morning you two, and everyone :)

Have a great time Ally :) xx

Hope you get that all sorted Jan xx

Another springlike day here, I've got the windows open :shock: :D We're going out for lunch with D and the in-laws, up to The Bell at Frampton-On-Severn again, for one of their fabulous Sunday roasts :D

We FaceTimed with Becky again last night, she's fine and applying for jobs. Enjoying her current house sit :) xx

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby JanB » 18 Feb 2024, 11:35

Got my medical, no problem :Hi: Bit of a farce really, as she just said, is everything the same as the last one? I said apart from not having to wear glasses any more, yes.

We spent more time talking about the screening the health authority is doing for intestinal cancer than about the driving licence :lol: I'm not legible ;) :lol:

Enjoy your lunch out Kaz xx
JanB

Postby TheOstrich » 18 Feb 2024, 11:42

Kaz wrote:Another springlike day here ......

In contrast to you, Kaz, we have woken up to heavy flooding! :o
The river is over the road at Rolls Bridge cutting off our direct access to town (no real biggie, there's a work-around) and there's flooding in town by Waitrose and also in the suburbs of Bay, Lodbourne and Colesbrook. Worst it's been this year. Apparently it belted it down overnight - we weren't aware - and the river levels are still rising!

Check For Flooding Gov website wrote:Flood warning for Upper Stour from Gillingham to Hammoon
Updated 8:47am on 18 February 2024

River levels are rising on the Upper Dorset Stour, Shreen Water due to heavy rainfall.
Flooding is affecting Eccliffe, parts of the A30, Stour Provost, Sturminster Newton, Hammoon and parts of the A361, A362, A357, A365, A363, A358, A359, A364, A360 from 8:45 AM on 18/02/2024.
The forecast is dry for this afternoon.

Despite the cheerful ending, I think I'll stay in bed! :lol:
TheOstrich

Postby jenniren » 18 Feb 2024, 12:07

Morning all :D

Wet, but the sun's trying to come out.

Enjoy dinner tonight Ally.
Glad you got your medical sorted okay Jan.
B sounds to be having a good time Kaz, are the job applications for more house sitting?
Hope the flooding doesn't get too close to where you are Ossie.

Didn't manage to get out yesterday, hoping the sun comes out long enough for a walk today. No other plans.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Osc » 18 Feb 2024, 12:13

Morning all, it’s a bright sunny one but there does appear to have been rain overnight. Another bad night’s sleep :evil: No plan for today, just lazing around.
Osc

Postby JoM » 18 Feb 2024, 13:09

Morning all, it’s trying to be sunny but not quite managing it. It’s still very mild though.

Lots of rain last night made for a very muddy walk around Milford this morning. Just having a coffee before doing anything else.
Amanda stayed last night but is leaving to drive back to Poole shortly.
Tom and Joe are then taking their Grandad out for dinner at The Pie Factory in Tipton, it’s a favourite of ours but he’s never been. He’ll love it though, as the name suggests it’s known for it’s pies and the restaurant wouldn’t be out of place in the Black Country Museum which is nearby.

I’m trying a new pasta recipe for me and John, I bought a new recipe book recently but haven’t tried anything from it yet so today’s the day. We’re having BLT pasta. It’s in a sauce of crème fraiche, whole grain mustard, bacon, cherry tomatoes and spinach with grated Parmesan. Sounds nice anyway :lol:

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 18 Feb 2024, 16:05

jenniren wrote:B sounds to be having a good time Kaz, are the job applications for more house sittining?

No, she's been applying for a few retail jobs where she'll be for the next month, but also some au pair positions from May onwards.
Kaz

Postby jenniren » 18 Feb 2024, 16:17

Good luck to her, hope she finds something she's happy with.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
jenniren

Next

Return to Cafe