Good morning Thursday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Thursday

Postby Ally » 22 Feb 2024, 07:45

Good morning.

Forecast 22° and sunny. 8-).

Had a lovely surprise visit from Jacob yesterday. Him and Inma get a flight to Madrid this afternoon and staying over in a hotel in readiness for their New York flight tomorrow.

A day on the sun lounger reading for me today. 8-)

TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Thursday

Postby JanB » 22 Feb 2024, 08:51

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Mist rolling in, obscuring the sun :roll: And rain is forecast too :roll:

Ironing, cooking and cleaning for me today. No idea what the patient has lined up, reading all day and moaning, probably :roll: :lol:

Safe journey to the travellers today :D

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 22 Feb 2024, 09:21

Good morning everybody.

It was 14C when i got up. It has been raining nd more is forecast.

Going to Chorley for some food shopping. Will be going on the bus after 9.30 a.m when i do not have to pay.

Got a leter yesterday about my pension increase. Some of it will be taken in tax. I alrady pay income tax as I get a company pension as well as the
State Pension. The government give it with one hand and take it back with the other. But not if you are on Pension Credit and other means tested
payments.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby jenniren » 22 Feb 2024, 10:21

Morning all :D

Wet and windy :roll:

Up at silly o'clock again, this time for my hair appointment. I'll probably look like a drowned rat by the time I get home again, I definitely did yesterday by the time we got back from my eye test. Booked a taxi to get there but rather rashly decided to catch the bus home. The stop is not far from the clinic so I thought it would be a good idea to get a little walk both ends, big mistake :lol:

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 22 Feb 2024, 10:39

Morning all :)

Ally, I hope they have a brilliant time in NYC :D xx

Not too much moaning I hope Jan ;) :lol: xx

Cruiser, my mum-in-law D finds exactly the same thing with the pension increases - not fair really :? xx

Jen, I hope you get home unscathed from your hair appointment, it's absolutely belting down here :cute: :roll: xx

Shopping this morning, but instead of going to Sainsbury's with D, Mick and I are going to Tesco. D did a shop on Monday ready for our nephew Sam's visit on Tuesday, so doesn't need to go. TBH I prefer Tesco these days, and anyway we both have prescriptions to collect from the pharmacy there 8-)

A quiet day planned otherwise - I have some planting to do but it's far too wet here, so that will have to wait. I might waft a duster round this afternoon, and there's a set of bedding to iron (note to self, don't buy 100% cotton bedding in future), and there's Pilates tonight :)

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 22 Feb 2024, 11:12

Good morning all.

I see that you are all having fun, or not. I'll leave it at that.

It bounced it down during the night but it is brightening up now.

I have to have cotton sheets but I never iron them as there is no point. Five minutes after getting in bed they are all scrunched up as though they had been on the bed for days.

I also pay tax on my OAP and military pension but they take me over the tax-free personal allowance so why not?

A bit of a shopping day in a while for fruit and veg and then home to pootle.

Stay safe and dry, keep calm and carry on.
Workingman

Postby saundra » 22 Feb 2024, 11:31

Morning all I thought yesterday was monday? But its Thursday today
Black as night here and rain have a good day everyone
And a pension increase does me no good at all I just pay more rent and I expect my care alarm will go up and council tax plus bt have just informed me of a £5-00 cost of inflation? Increase from next month
Have a good day everyone :lol:
saundra

Postby Osc » 22 Feb 2024, 12:03

Morning all, another one here who was up at silly o’clock as my boob squishing appointment was at 9.15am, so I left loads of time to allow for rush hour and school traffic. However, Murphy’s Law, I got a clear run through and no queue for the car park either so was there at 8.35. I was seen on time and out by 9.30. We usually go to dance practice on Thursday morning but I would have had to come home to collect Edward then head out again and I just didn’t fancy it. Michael and Kellie will both be here this afternoon and we are ordering in Chinese which they both love. We’re going to practice some of our dances here when I’ve finished my scone and cuppa.
Osc

Postby cromwell » 22 Feb 2024, 12:04

Good morning.
It started off grey here but now the sun is out.
We have been for the papers, this afternoon we will get our prescriptions and then go and collect Eliza from school.
Another one paying tax here, but you expect it.
I saw a Sunbeam Stiletto (car) the other day, I haven't seen one for years.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby cruiser2 » 22 Feb 2024, 17:23

Saundra

You have mentioned that your broadband is increasing. Seems all boadband suppliers are now including a section which says they will increase the cost
by 3.9% plus the rate of inflation once a year. They are also haveing 24 month contracts instaed of 18 months.

Mine is due for renewal soon and I will be doing some checking and may change suppliers. I will also haggle
cruiser2

Next

Return to Cafe