Good morning Friday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Friday

Postby Ally » 23 Feb 2024, 08:01

Good morning.

Off for a walk to finish at the hairdresser for my monthly snip.
How quickly it comes round!

Meeting a friend for lunch then out again tonight for Friday beers and tapas. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Friday

Postby Weka » 23 Feb 2024, 09:02

Just popping in to say Kia Ora
I’m off for a walk in the morning, a nice slow ramble around my local park. I rolled my ankle badly a month ago so it’s nice to be a bit more mobile even if I am still in a moonboot.

Have a great Friday everyone
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Postby cruiser2 » 23 Feb 2024, 09:23

Good morning everybody.

It has been raining and only 13C when i got up. The sun is trying to come out through the clouds.

Good to see you back Weka.

Am going out for lunch at penwortham Golf Club near Preston. It is with the pensioners club of the firm I used to work for. We get a good three
course meal and two drinks for £15.00. It is subsidised. We have a raffle and the proceds go to a local charity.

Ally I will be having my hair cut next week. If I let it get too long it comes over my shirt collar.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 23 Feb 2024, 09:41

Morning everyone

Sunny but with a brisk breeze, so feeling quite cool. Possible showers this afternoon.

Ouch Weka, glad you're more mobile and always lovely to see you xx

Off to get my tootsies done this morning. Then a quick whizz around Aldi to get some stuff for the next few days. Not been shopping this week, so just need some fresh stuff.

Back to vacuum and mop. Oh, the excitement :roll: :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby meriad » 23 Feb 2024, 09:55

Hallo and good morning everyone - and a very good evening to you Weka; lovely to hear from you x

Enjoy your Friday Ally
Weka, ouch - that sounds painful. Take it easy with the walking despite the boot
Cruiser - £15 for lunch and two drinks is my idea of heaven! Enjoy the lunch and the catch up - and what a fab idea with the raffle and the charity.
Jan, hope you get everything you need at Aldi.... and I know that feeling of excitement (not) at the sight of a vacuum and mop all too well :D :D :D

Usual Friday wfh for me; next week is going to be busy with four days in the office so I'm making the most of a quiet Friday. The usual Sainsbury's shop, need to pop round to another friends (well it's the elderly dad of a friend of mine). I helped him on Wednesday with getting him to a hospital appointment and had a cuppa at his house afterwards; and somehow or the other my bank card fell out my bag so I need to go back and collect it later today.

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby Osc » 23 Feb 2024, 10:14

Morning all, it’s a sunny but cold one here. I’m up a bit early again - my doc visit on Wednesday resulted in a phone call yesterday with an X-ray appointment for this morning. Ironically, last night was the best night’s sleep I’ve had in three weeks, not woken by hip or knee pain, but it’s as well to get it checked. Yes the appointment came along quickly, but yes I am paying. Back to get my nails done this afternoon, and going dancing tonight.
Osc

Postby Workingman » 23 Feb 2024, 10:25

Good morning all.

It got down to 2 °C overnight and still is!

Weka, lovely to see you. You and Jen are a pair of moonbooters of late. Take it easy - "little and often", as they say.

You all look to be having exciting days; Aldi, haircuts, lunches out, nails and cuppas. Me? I have to wait in for an eBay delivery sometime between 8 & 1.

Take care everyone.
Workingman

Postby saundra » 23 Feb 2024, 11:40

Morning all nice to see you weka take care
Blue sky cold wind waiting for a Iceland delivery later
And stuff to put away from washing
Take care everyone
saundra

Postby jenniren » 23 Feb 2024, 12:54

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny now, but there are clouds overhead so who knows :?

Hello Weka, lovely to see you back. Ouch to the ankle injury, you have all my sympathy. I'm 4mths post op and still hobbling along on crutches.

Yesterday wasn't the best weather, but we managed to get to the hairdresser without getting too wet. It's not the best walk from the car park, very narrow and sloped pavements means I have to walk in the road! The salon was a little busier than I was told to expect, but not manic as it is when Jo's there and no having to play musical chairs. Millie did a great job with the cut and colour, I actually feel human again :lol:

It was quite nice when we left the salon so I suggested a drive back along the clifftop and lunch at San Clu. Ooops, it had just started raining when we got there and was tipping down by the time we'd finished. Couldn't park right outside so got absolutely drenched and came home like a couple of drowned rats again!!!

We've had a lie in this morning, first one this week. Ed's got the washing on and Sainsbury's are due in the next hour or so. Absolutely nothing else planned, I think we've earned a reasonably easy day.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Osc » 23 Feb 2024, 13:03

Can’t beat this - got into the car at 9.45, drove to the hospital, parked, had my X-ray, and was back in the car at 10.41!
Osc

Next

Return to Cafe