Friday beers and tapas tonight. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Friday

Postby JanB » 01 Mar 2024, 08:10

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Scary, isn't it?

Sunny today, no rain and no wind, which is lovely, as it was like being blasted with ice cubes yesterday :shock: :lol:

Off to the coffee morning later, I need to warm up the samosas first and get some money out in Ourique, on our way through. Still no news about the car, I expect Jan will tell me later. I might have to sit down :cry: :lol:

Back to do not a lot, I will have stood on my feet for almost three hours and will be glad of the rest.

Will be picking up my repaired hand bag. One of the ladies who goes there is a complete genius with fabrics and has repaired the handles on my bag. She croquets the most amazing parasols. Clever girl.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby meriad » 01 Mar 2024, 10:29

Hello you two, good morning and happy Friday - and same to everyone :D

Enjoy the walk and your Friday usual Ally
Jan, hope you have a relaxing day today once back from the coffee morning. And still keeping fingers crossed for the car and that it's not too bad

Friday = wfh day for me; yay!!!! Which means the usual mix of work, pootle and shopping. And I have to clean; being in the office four days this week means no cleaning done at all so it's all a bit of a mess. Weather wise it's really grim today - so so wet; and it's meant to be like that for the next few days (excepting Sunday). The ground is so waterlogged already, it won't be long before we have a few flooded areas :cry: .

Have a lovely day all xxx
meriad

Postby meriad » 01 Mar 2024, 10:32

Oh, and Saundra - happy St David's day for you today x
meriad

Postby Osc » 01 Mar 2024, 11:04

Oh gawd, it’s miserable out there, I woke during the night to hear rain hammering against the bedroom window. Mobility class this morning, my friend is driving. My yoga mat is in our car parked at the bottom of the street, and her car is parked further away in the other direction, so I’ll use one of the spare ones available at the class as I’m not getting myself wet if I don’t have to. Kellie is coming here after school and I’m bringing her to her gymnastics class, then bringing her home afterwards - Miss Osc is very busy at work and needs the extra couple of hours. Last night we brought Michael and Kellie home so Miss Osc and SIL could go out for something to eat locally. No golf for Edward today and he is glad, because he feels as if he has the beginnings of a cold, so wants to take it easy before we head to Cork tomorrow - for that same reason we may not go dancing tonight, depends how he feels.
Osc

Postby saundra » 01 Mar 2024, 11:30

meriad wrote:Oh, and Saundra - happy St David's day for you today x

Thanks ria a I'm not actually Welsh but bill is cardiff born and bred as is Jonathan I absolutely loved living in Cardiff with hind sight should never have left but there you go we did
It'd dull here but not cold supposed to be rain and snow showers today and get colder
Have a good day everyone take care
saundra

Postby Workingman » 01 Mar 2024, 12:33

Good morning everyone.

Happy St David's day to one and all. Good luck with your walks, cars, fitness and cleaning endeavours.

I have done a litttle bit of all those during the week so it's a lazy day hereabouts. Mind you it is cold at only 3 °C and not getting above 6 °C for the rest of the day. Then there's that fine drizzle which looks like ice crystals as it falls but melts away once it hits the ground. Horrible stuff.

I will be making a stir fry for tea and also a few pizzas for the freezer but that's about it.

Have a good day everyone.
Workingman

Postby jenniren » 01 Mar 2024, 13:05

Morning all :D

Rain, sun and hail, we've had it all this morning :?

Glad we haven't got to go out today, it's raining again right now. The washing's on the go and Sainsbury's are due any time in the next hour.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JoM » 01 Mar 2024, 14:04

Afternoon all, the sun’s coming out and I’m *fingers crossed* starting to feel human again.

I’ve had this horrendous cold which John and the lads kindly shared, I slept pretty much all of last weekend and have just felt so grotty since. It’s only today that I’ve felt I’m turning a corner with it.

Might see if I can get some fresh air before the rain starts again.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby JanB » 01 Mar 2024, 15:19

That was busy morning :Hi: and we raised almost 200€ :Hi: :Hi:

The first food to disappear were my samosas, so I've been asked to make a few more for the next one :roll: :lol: I'll make some more mini quiche too. Not everyone is a cake person.

Quite a few new faces, a lot more younger people turning up and I think we had six or seven different nationalities, which is good.

Clouded over now, but not too cold, so we'll pop down to the bar later.

Quite a few snuffles over here too Jo, hope you feel much better soon xx
JanB

Next

Return to Cafe