Chinese takeaway tonight and TV. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Saturday

Postby JanB » 02 Mar 2024, 08:07

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Damp and not that warm, with more rain on it's way :Hi:

I have ironing this morning and the Honda is coming back this morning too :Hi: I still have no idea how much it's going to cost.

Just spent the last half hour trying to sort out the mess that was supposed to be lunch out. Two cars have broken down and one couple live a long way from everyone, so looks like we're going to have to cancel.

So will just see how the day takes us.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 02 Mar 2024, 09:36

Good morning everybody.

Ally, I reverse your numbers for the temperature. It was on;y 12C when i got up. Some blue sky but lots of grey clouds. We may have rain.

Going to town. Changed my mobile phone contract on Thursday. Was told it may take a day to settle down to the new service.
Tried on Friday afternoon. I was gettinga message to say I had to log onto WIFI. I have never done this and don't know what to do.

Then back home just pootling. I can always find something to do.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 02 Mar 2024, 11:12

Morning all, it’s a bright sunny one here although very cold. Yesterday was horrendous, constant rain all day, still raining when we went to bed. However other parts of the country had bad snow, so at least we didn’t have that. We’ll be getting on the road to Cork within the hour. Home Monday afternoon, Edward has just booked a Tesco delivery so we will have to be home by 5pm. Just need to tidy around and finish packing, then we’ll be off. Staying with my brother, and tomorrow we are going to an afternoon dance, then out with friends afterwards for something to eat.
Osc

Postby Kaz » 02 Mar 2024, 11:25

Morning all!

Just when you think Winter is on the way out, it snows! Not quite at ours, but we’re out for breakfast and saw a few cars with snow on the bonnet :shock: Jason who works here in Portivo lives in Dymock and had to scrape it off his car first thing. :( Brrrr!

Just had a message from my sister, they got home from Sri Lanka last night to no heating or hot water! They’re waiting for the gas engineer now :?

Have a great day everyone, stay warm xxx
Kaz

Postby meriad » 02 Mar 2024, 11:53

Hello all and good morning

Ally enjoy the day
Jan, hope you do manage to meet up - fingers crossed. And good luck with the Honda!
Good luck with the phone Cruiser - hope you get it sorted. Enjoy your pootle afternoon
Safe travels Osc and have a fab time away
Kaz, the weather really is bonkers. And EEEK for your sister - not the best home coming; hope they get it sorted.

Was dozing in bed this morning, surrounded by snoring cats and life was good; when we had just one almighty thunder clap just before 7am - cue cats flight left and right and under the bed and me wide awake :lol: :lol: So got up fed my lot, and dashed across the road to feed their cats and make sure they were all OK. And now having a lazy morning and doing pootling bits. The weather is dire - so so wet :cry:

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby cromwell » 02 Mar 2024, 12:28

morning all.
A poor one it is too, about 4c out there, wall to wall grey sky and freezing sleety rain. What I wouldn't give for a bit of 21c!
I hope the Honda isn't too expensive Jan. Kaz, that's crazy weather.
MrsC is out with our daughter and Eliza. They are going to Clarks for a new pair of shoes for the child.
Looking at the weather it looks like a tv and reading sort of day.
We need a lovely spring after all this!
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby jenniren » 02 Mar 2024, 13:08

Morning all :D

Cold and windy :roll:

Had a lovely message from my sister this morning. Her shoulder's nearly as good as it's going to get, a bit sore but that's mainly muscle pain. Good news, their travel insurance has finally paid up in full. She says they are hoping to do some of the trip next year. Visit us and then go to Slovenia and Croatia :D

No plans for today, I'm still sore after Thursday's shopping trip so will be taking it a bit easy today.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby TheOstrich » 02 Mar 2024, 13:53

Kaz wrote:Morning all!

Just when you think Winter is on the way out, it snows! Not quite at ours, but we’re out for breakfast and saw a few cars with snow on the bonnet :shock: Jason who works here in Portivo lives in Dymock and had to scrape it off his car first thing. :( Brrrr!

Yes, we woke up to an inch of snow in North Dorset. Completely unexpected and the result, it seems, of the temperature dipping by a crucial couple of degrees below forecast overnight. All gone by 11:00 but swathes of both soccer and rugby games postponed in the area affected, said to be south of Gloucester to Wiltshire and Somerset.
TheOstrich

Postby JanB » 02 Mar 2024, 17:20

Been a miserable day, weather wise. High wind and a lot of rain. Going to have to let some water out of the pool tomorrow, before it overflows :lol:

We couldn't get lunch sorted, we all live in different directions and a long way from each other, so will just re-arrange it some other time.

Still waiting for the Honda....
JanB

Next

Return to Cafe