Good morning Tuesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Tuesday

Postby Ally » 05 Mar 2024, 07:45

Good morning.

Forecast 20° and sunshine. 8-)

After my walk I'm going to a friend's for instructions. :lol:

She's going into hospital tomorrow for a hip replacement and I'm going to get some shopping for her and be told what cat eats what food. :lol:

I'll look after them for a couple of days until her granddaughter comes over from England and she's going to stay indefinitely to look after Carol. :D

TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Postby JanB » 05 Mar 2024, 08:53

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Lovely, sunny morning, but rather cold at the moment. Looks like we had a frost too :shock: Should be 18C later, bet it will be a little more though ;)

Best of luck to your friend Ally x

Four of Grumpy's jackets are already on the line and I have another load in the machine.

Off to Castro Verde this morning, as we need to order the roof panels for the car port.

Pop into the bar on the way back for a coffee and gossip. Amazing what we miss in a couple of days :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 05 Mar 2024, 09:35

Good morning you two and anyody else who is up.

It was only 13C when I got up. Grey clouds but no rain. The sun is trying to come out.

Ally, hope your friends op goes well. My wife fell and broke herhip. That was on Wednesday. Didn't operate till Saturday as she got a water infection.
She was up on Sunday walking. Came home on Wednesday. Took it easy but never had any problem. She was 84 at the time.

Am going to town and then will just be pootling. May change the bed. t will fill the washing basket

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Kaz » 05 Mar 2024, 09:52

Morning all :)

Good luck to your friend Ally, and to you with the kitty cats ;) :D xx

Frost, Jan? Wow, and I thought our frost was bad enough :shock: Still, 18° later sounds nice 8-) xx

Have a good day Cruiser :) xx

It's misty here, but forecast to brighten up later :) Going out for breakfast with Mick, then a walk round the water with Fraggle. Lunch with D afterwards.

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby JoM » 05 Mar 2024, 10:08

Morning all, it’s misty now after a bright start.

Bill’s had his walk, the bedding has been changed and the first load is being washed and I’ve had a tidy around.
We were out much of yesterday as Bill had his 6 monthly eye check up so we had to make the 4 hour round trip to Leominster. What usually happens now is that one of the eye vets travels to a vet surgery in Wolverhampton every two weeks and holds a clinic for check ups there but we had to cancel his appointment two weeks ago when we were both ill and the earliest I could rebook for Wolverhampton was May. I didn’t want to leave his check up that long so took an appointment at Leominster instead.
It’s a lovely drive though, pretty much countryside the whole way, and his eyes got a clean bill of health and the lovely vet said to leave it 8 months now so he now doesn’t need to be seen until November,

We’ve had a health worry with John’s mom over the weekend which is ongoing. I’ll stick it on t’other board later.

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Osc » 05 Mar 2024, 11:39

Morning all, we got home just before 4pm yesterday after a horrible drive back from Cork in constant and sometimes very heavy rain - it stopped for about 10 minutes at one stage, then started up again. Consequently, I was unable to drive at my normal motorway speed of about 110kph, kept it down to around 80-90kph, while lorries, trucks and other cars whizzed by, many up to and exceeding the speed limit, I don’t know how they could do it as visibility was not great due to the rain and all the spray being created. I was pretty tired by the time we got home and we went to bed very early last night.

We had a lovely weekend, staying with my brother and seeing my nieces and their children. We went dancing on Sunday afternoon, then out for a nice meal with friends afterwards. It’s a dull damp day here today, Edward has gone to play golf. I’m going to change the bed, that’ll be my main task for the day. I also want to chase up the results of the X-ray I had over a week ago.
Osc

Postby meriad » 05 Mar 2024, 11:42

Hello all and good morning

Ally, good luck to Carol - hope all goes really well; and how lovely that her granddaughter can come out for as long as is needed to help her. Same as Cruiser's wife, my mom was back up on her feet pretty darn quickly post her hip surgery - so fingers crossed it's the same for Carol
Jan; eek - frost this time of year? Enjoy the trip to Castro Verde
Cruiser and Kaz, enjoy your respective days, walking, shopping, pootling and lunching
Jo, that's excellent news re Bill - yay! You too have a fab day
Osc, it's scary sometimes how fast people drive in the rain. As you say so much less visibility etc never mind water on the roads - yet they still drive like it's a glorious summer's day

Office day for me today so nothing exciting to report at all.

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby JanB » 05 Mar 2024, 11:59

We stopped in Ourique, on the off chance that Joao would be in his workshop - and surprisingly, he was :lol: So we ordered the roof panels from him, less delivery charges, so Grumpy happy ;) :lol: Arriving Friday, so will get Sergio sorted to put them on next week, hopefully.

Still cool, with some clouds around.

Still can't get hold of the bloke from ICNF, so will just have the branches cut, otherwise, I can see idiot next door trying to invoke the 100€ a day fine :evil: :evil:
JanB

Postby saundra » 05 Mar 2024, 12:43

Morning all it'd a bit dull but at last my first daffs are out
Have a good day everyone take care
saundra

Postby cromwell » 05 Mar 2024, 12:53

Morning all.
MrsC is batch cooking and we are picking Eliza up from school later.
People drive like nutters around here too; no one seems to known the rules for mini roundabouts.
It's a nice bright morning, let's hope that Spring is just around the corner!
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Next

Return to Cafe