Good morning Thursday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Thursday

Postby Ally » 07 Mar 2024, 07:48

Good morning.

It's sunny now but there's a 30% chance of showers at 3pm. Fingers 100% crossed. :D

Had a lovely evening with Conor last night. :cute:

Getting the bus into Malaga this morning with Don to meet Jacob for breakfast. :cute:

On the way home I'll due my cat duties. :lol:

Meeting David this afternoon for a catch up and TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Thursday

Postby JanB » 07 Mar 2024, 09:44

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Soggy :Hi: :Hi: And more to come, although it-s dry at the moment. Doesn't feel cold outside, but should be about 15C.

Woken up at 6.00 by the loudest clap of thunder and then the rain started :Hi: Absolutely hammered down, then we had thunder, lightening and more rain for two hours :Hi: Good job we let some water out of the pool yesterday.

Cooking for me today, stew and curry and also have some ironing.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Kaz » 07 Mar 2024, 09:47

Oh I hope you get that rain Ally! How is your friend doing after her op XX

Jan, you need to send Ally some of that rain ;) xx

Morning all :)

It looks quite springlike here this morning - hope I haven't jinxed it now :? :lol: Shopping this morning with D. Mick is going to wait round at hers as there's a wood delivery coming today, at an unspecified time. Mick and his brother Jeff are rebuilding her pergola over Easter. J dismantled it last time he was up, as the spores from the very old ivy plant that grew all over it are apparently very bad for people with lung issues! :shock: So he and M are building her a new one, and planting a trailing rose and probably honeysuckle instead of ivy :)

Heard from Em last night. Her daughter Sophie keeps her three horses up at a stable in Winstone. She has a horse she rides, Humble, one with a bad back that she can no longer ride, Georgie, and a little rescue Shetland, who's just a stable companion. They have a lovely field up there too, it's up in the hills. Unfortunately this means it's a bit remote, and on Tuesday night it was broken into. They broke through padlocks and a concrete pillar to take her horse trailer, feed bins, and some other stuff. Thankfully they left the horses alone, and most of their tack (bridles, saddles etc) Absolute b######ds!!!

Pilates for me tonight.

Have a good day everyone :) xxx
Kaz

Postby cruiser2 » 07 Mar 2024, 10:08

Good morning everybody.

It was 14C when I got up and went for the paper. Lots of sunshine but some clouds. Waiting for a service engineer to come and service the stair lift.
I am havingit done every year. I still use it to take heavy things up and down and use it myself sometimes. I am keeping it in case I need it full time to get up
and down the stairs.
Have put the washing on so will be doing ironing later on.

My crocus are all bloming. I bought some yellow ones but they only have small flowers and are not as big as the blue and white ones.

Kaz, there is a lot of robberies in the rural area of Lancashire and Cumbria. Farmers are having to have security systems both for machinery and livestock.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby cromwell » 07 Mar 2024, 10:56

Morning all.
Grey, grim and damp here. I hope those of us in sunnier climes get the needed rain.
Kaz, what rotten luck for your friends. Their are some thieving swines about.
We will be picking Eliza up later and may go to M&S for some ready meals for Jim.
One of our neighbours, David, died last month. We were wondering about the funeral when MrsC found out that there had already been a private cremation. That's twice it's happened in recent times. Perhaps times are changing.
I must remember to get some jelly babies for Eliza or else I'll be in trouble!
Have a nice day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Osc » 07 Mar 2024, 11:05

Morning all, it’s a bright sunny one here, but still chilly. Usual Thursday for us, dance practice this morning then back for Kellie. It’s her dance show on Saturday and she has a big rehearsal this evening, so we need to give her dinner early and have her at the rehearsal place for 5.30. Miss Osc texted to say that Kellie has all her stuff packed, I just need to bring her home to change and then bring her to the rehearsal. She is an amazingly organised child, always has the proper bag packed for her activities and has everything written on her calendar.

Kaz, that’s awful, would they be covered by insurance?
Osc

Postby jenniren » 07 Mar 2024, 11:49

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

It was lovely being at the cinema yesterday, the stairs were a bit difficult, but it was so worth it. Afterwards we popped into M&S for a few bits so I did enough walking too.

Today it's my first hydro session just after 1pm. Should have started some weeks ago, but the flu put a stop to that and then I had to wait for a new slot. Physio have only put me forward for two sessions, 30mins each, so not really sure how much will be achieved in that time. After my hip I had 6 sessions and was then referred to continue at Blue Wave which was brilliant and meant I could do 3 sessions a week, made such a difference. Sadly that closed and although it recently opened again it's now run by a different company who don't offer the same service.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 07 Mar 2024, 12:21

, that’s awful, would they be covered by insurance?

That’s the worst of it all, she had only just bought it, and the insurers wanted her to add something to the trailer first, so it wasn’t insured yet :( :(
Kaz

Postby Osc » 07 Mar 2024, 15:24

Kaz wrote:
, that’s awful, would they be covered by insurance?

That’s the worst of it all, she had only just bought it, and the insurers wanted her to add something to the trailer first, so it wasn’t insured yet :( :(

:( :(
Osc

Postby JanB » 07 Mar 2024, 17:18

That's dreadful for them Kaz :cry:

Been raining off an on all day, with a couple of thunderstorms thrown in :lol:
JanB

Return to Cafe