Good morning Friday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Friday

Postby Ally » 08 Mar 2024, 07:26

Good morning.

Sunny and a bit cooler at 18°.

We had rain yesterday at the promised time of 3pm. :lol: It lasted to 7 so that was great.
More due tomorrow and that looks about it.

Sis gets her two flights today. Limoges to Stansted. Stansted to Edinburgh where our cousin Ivor will meet her and drive her to our rented house. :D

A day at home for me getting ready to travel tomorrow. I normally leave packing to the last minute :lol: but as my flight's at 5.45am I best get it done today. :lol:

No beers and tapas tonight. :lol:

Have a great day.

I messaged Carol yesterday. Her op went well and she's been up walking with a frame to the loo and the canteen. :D
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Friday

Postby JanB » 08 Mar 2024, 09:37

Morning Ally, morning everyone

We've had more rain and although we have been promised a dry morning, more to come this afternoon. Not that warm at 14C.

Wowser, well done to the surgeons and Carol :Hi:

I must get some cleaning done this morning and I'll make the stew I didn't yesterday :oops:

My back and the back of my thighs are still protesting about all the hard and heavy weeding I did on Wednesday afternoon and my hands are still a little brown, from the soil :shock:

Safe flight tomorrow Ally x

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby JanB » 08 Mar 2024, 09:39

Well, the forecasters got that wrong - another down pour :lol: :lol:
JanB

Postby Osc » 08 Mar 2024, 11:21

Morning all, sun and cloud here, and it’s windy and cold. I’m soooo ready for some warmth. Mobility class this morning and I’ll buy some fish on the way back. At some stage we need to go and vote, there are two referenda being held today about changes to the Constitution. Ironing to be done too. No dancing tonight as the hall is being used as a polling place.
Osc

Postby JoM » 08 Mar 2024, 11:35

Morning all, it’s dull but the sun keeps trying to break through. It’s not trying hard enough though :lol:

Bill’s had his walk, the washing is being done and the Tesco order is two stops away. Joe’s working from home today so I’ve ordered samosas for our lunch, and a bag of Mini Eggs to share :lol:

Safe journey tomorrow Al x

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby meriad » 08 Mar 2024, 11:41

Hi all, good morning and happy Friday
Ally, safe travels for tomorrow x You'll be up and in the air way before any of us will be awake I suspect :D That's amazing news re Carol - wow!
Jan, yay for the rain - a good excuse to pootle inside
Osc, I'm with you - beyond ready for some warmth. We have blue skies and sunshine, but a really nippy wind.
Jo, enjoy the lunch

well usual Friday wfh for me today. Had the day off yesterday so a few things to catch up on, but got most of it done now so it's the usual Friday hopefully.

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby Ally » 08 Mar 2024, 12:15

Beers and tapas for lunch today instead of tonight. :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby jenniren » 08 Mar 2024, 12:54

Morning all :D

Another bright sunny day 8-)

My hydro session went really well yesterday, she really put me through it, my ankle was quite sore afterwards but no more than expected. She also gave me some good advise on what exercise to do to prevent it being so painful standing after sitting for 30mins or so. I'm back again next week same time.

Wash day here, I can do quite a bit, but obviously Ed does the lifting. Also expecting Sainsbury's sometime between 12-1. More than enough to keep me busy.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 08 Mar 2024, 13:44

Afternoon everyone :)

Safe travels to your sis today Al, and to you tomorrow xx

Take it easy Jan. My abs are killing me after Pilates last night xx

Osc I’m ready for some warmth too xx

Ooh I love mini eggs Jo :) xx

Enjoy your usual Friday Ria xx

Jen that sounds positive :)

Early start for my SW meeting- I seem to be coasting along at the moment, a small loss one week, then a small gain the next :roll: I need to have a word with myself :cute: :lol: Out having brunch at the moment, it’s a beautiful spring day, but a bit chilly in the wind. Round to D’s afterwards.

Becky has signed a contract for the au pairing job in Adelaide from June onwards, and has a temp job up in Cairns on a farm, from April until June - so that’s her year mapped out now. The tour she starts next week ends in Cairns so that’s perfect.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone :) xxx
Kaz

Postby saundra » 08 Mar 2024, 14:03

Afternoon all it's cloudy here
I'm a bit dizzy today don't no why
Have a good afternoon everyone xxx
Glad all went well Jen yesterday xx
saundra

Next

Return to Cafe