Good Morning Sunday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good Morning Sunday

Postby JanB » 10 Mar 2024, 08:36

Morning everyone

After a lot of rain over night, we now have blue sky :Hi: :Hi: More showers to come, then two days of sun and no rain.

Off to a friends this morning, she's selling a few patio heaters and we'll have one of them.

Back for breakfast and then no idea what we'll be doing.

Whatever you're doing, have a good day xx
JanB

Re: Good Morning Sunday

Postby JanB » 10 Mar 2024, 09:50

I forgot it-s Mothers Day over there, so Happy Mothers day :Hi: :Hi:

And it electrion day here today. We can-t vote in the national one, only the local, but will be interesting to see how it all goes.

More showers and more sun, we think we-ve had about 6 inches of rain this week :o
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 10 Mar 2024, 10:31

Good morning Janb and anybody else who is up.
It waws 14C when I got up and raining.It has stopped now and the sun is trying to come out.

Went and got petrol and the paperthis morning at Tesco. Several of the pumps for unleaded petrol were not working. Can see big queues forming later when the main store opens.

Am going to have the new gas hob fitted tomorow morning. So got some prep work to do today.
Going to move things out of the two cupboards under the stairs. There is a walk in one from the kitchen where I keep the vacuum cleaner and other items. This is where the
opening is to get underthe floor boards.
Then there is a small one with a door from the hall. The gas meter is inside this one. I keep spare batteries in there.

Will also clear things off the work top near the electric hob.

Have a good ay everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JoM » 10 Mar 2024, 10:40

Morning all and Happy Mothers Day!

Just me and Bill home at today, John and the lads are in Wales. We’ve not had our walk though as it’s absolutely hammering it down and looks to be like that all day. Shame we’re back to normal after a few nice dry days.

I’ve got some ironing to do and I might start a jigsaw, I’ll be crocheting some more of Joe’s blanket too. I’ve got a nice big jacket potato to cook for my lunch so I’m looking forward to that with some extra mature cheese grated onto it. Love a jacket spud!

I love the idea of a patio heater Jan :)

Cruiser, my Dad was talking about getting a new gas hob when I was there on Friday, no idea why as his works fine, he just wants a new one.

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Osc » 10 Mar 2024, 11:24

Morning all, it’s a wet one here but yesterday’s strong winds have died down. There is a dance on this afternoon but last night we decided not to go. Later on this morning we’ll pop over to Miss Osc’s so that she doesn’t feel she has to come and see me for Mother’s Day. They’ll be having a lazy day after the excitement of Kellie’s show, and I know Kellie had plans to make breakfast for her mummy. Then back home, and the main plan is either to start my new jigsaw or read, maybe both. Dancing with the Stars Ireland tonight, I’ll be missing Call the Midwife though :(
Osc

Postby saundra » 10 Mar 2024, 11:43

Morning all it'd dull here and cold
Have a good day everyone take care
Happy mothers day hugs to you all :Hi:
And special memories for other's :Hi:
saundra

Postby cromwell » 10 Mar 2024, 12:03

Good morning.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mums out there.
Grey and raining here today.
We are going to be visited by the offspring today.
Beef for dinner, yum.
I'll be interested to see the results of the Portugese election too Jan.
Motorbike racing on the TV this afternoon.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby jenniren » 10 Mar 2024, 12:52

Morning all :D

Wet :roll:

I'm so glad we went out yesterday, it's horrid out there right now and I think the rain's forecast for the whole day. I'm doing roast chicken with veg for dinner and we'll have ice cream for pud. A good night on the box, DOI final and Death in Paradise.

Hope you all have a Happy Mother's Day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 10 Mar 2024, 16:21

Happy Mother's Day :)

Had a nice FaceTime chat with B early on, and said hello to her friend who was treated to the sight of me in my jimjams :? :lol: :lol: B arranged for some flowers for me, which was very sweet of her from halfway round the planet. We've been out since 11am but no doubt I will hear from the boys at some point :)

We took D to Greek On The Docks and had a lovely meal, then she fancied a wander round the Outlet shops. Just got back from dropping her home.ok

The final of Dancing on Ice tonight, but apparently Greg is out with an injury, which is a rotten shame.

Love to all xx
Kaz

Return to Cafe