Good morning Monday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Monday

Postby Ally » 11 Mar 2024, 07:49

Good morning.

To say it's been non stop since my arrival in Scotland would be an understatement. :lol:

Sis and I are off out shopping this morning then driving up to Law Village to pick up Fiona who is treating us to lunch at the Rosebank Garden Centre. :D

Visiting uncles Stefan and Stanley after that. :D

I'm meeting a few friends in the pub tonight. :cute:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Monday

Postby JanB » 11 Mar 2024, 08:37

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Sunny and mild this morning and only a 40% chance of rain on Thursday :D The rest of the week is hitting the 20's :Hi: :Hi:

Washing to be done this morning and then off to the Algarve this afternoon for Grumpy to see the eye doc.

I have a list of stuff to get from Iceland, if there's time. The IC1 is being resurfaced in places and it slows us down a lot.

Have a great day everyone, especially those gadding about in Scotland :lol: xx
JanB

Postby Kaz » 11 Mar 2024, 09:10

Morning all :)

Have a great day Ally xx

Hope Grumpy gets on ok Jan xx

Emma and I are off to Cribbs Causeway this morning, for a change. It's a big shopping centre just this side of Bristol so doesn't take long up the motorway :) I've seen a dress online, for the wedding in Canada, but want to try it on.

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby cromwell » 11 Mar 2024, 11:03

Good morning.
I hope gets a good result Jan. A full on day Ally! Kaz, is that named after the old bare knuckle boxer Tom Cribb?
Grey, grey, grey here. Please let us get some sun soon.
Not much doing today, we need a couple of things from the supermarket but that's about it.
Have a nice day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Osc » 11 Mar 2024, 11:16

Morning all, it’s a very dull day here, but dry and calm. Ordinary day today, mobility class this morning, ironing this afternoon. Sis and I have been planning a day trip to Cork next month to take our brother out for lunch on his 80th, so I’ll book the train today. I just spoke to him and he was delighted about it. Quick tidy around, then I’ll be off out.
Osc

Postby meriad » 11 Mar 2024, 11:58

Hello and good morning everyone - happy Monday

Ally, your trips over here are never anything but full on - I get exhausted just reading about everything you get up to :lol: Have a lovely day meeting up with everyone
Jan, hope the journey is OK - safe travels. Good luck to Grumpy and hope you manage to get to Iceland
Kaz, enjoy the shopping trip and hope the dress is exactly what you're hoping it'll be
Crommers, same weather here - talk about 50 shades of grey! :lol:
Osc, that'll be lovely having a special day with your brother next month - are train fares in Ireland as expensive and at time convoluted like they are here?

Well Monday is wfh day, but will break it up with a bit of the usual shopping. Meeting up with a friend this evening 6pm which will be nice.

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby JanB » 11 Mar 2024, 12:33

There is no problem with the appointment, it-s just a chat with the surgeon before the op, hopefully next month.

I've uncovered all the plants that had fleece on them and am now pulling up the most enormous weeds :o :roll: :roll: One barrowful from around just four plants :shock:

Grumpy is washing the car :roll: :lol:
JanB

Postby jenniren » 11 Mar 2024, 12:34

Morning all :D

Dull and overcast, think rain's forecast.

Hope all goes well with Grumpy's eye test Jan.

Not much happening here, Ed's somehow twisted his neck and can't move his head without pain. Goodness knows how he did it, must have slept awkwardly. My turn to help him get his socks on. Expecting a Tesco order anytime soon, the app says it's two stops away. I recorded the Oscar's so will catch up this afternoon. So pleased so see Cillian Murphy won best actor, he's amazing.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JanB » 11 Mar 2024, 20:02

Phew, that was a long afternoon :roll:

Went to get some diesel, but the pumps were not working, so had to go into Ourique :roll:

Managed to get the Iceland and we were at his appointment 10 minutes early. He went in after 45 minutes :shock: then had to come out and wait for half an hour, as drops had been put in his eye and the surgeon wanted to see him before he would let him drive :shock:

Fortunately, all the road works have been finished, but the road markings haven-t been done, making it rather difficult, in the semi dark.

Home to let the poor cat out, who had been in for six hours :shock: :lol: to find an e/mail from our solicitor, saying the judge wants to know what is going on / within three days.

Again, fortunately, we have Jose Felipe coming up tomorrow and he is going to cut the branches either then, or very soon.
JanB

Postby Kaz » 12 Mar 2024, 17:16

cromwell wrote:Kaz, is that named after the old bare knuckle boxer Tom Cribb?

Apparently the mall is named after the road, which was named for the prominent Cribb family before the boxer was born, but he was from that family. Well spotted :D
Kaz

Return to Cafe