Good morning Tuesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Tuesday

Postby Ally » 12 Mar 2024, 08:21

Good morning.

Dull but not cold or rainy which is always a bonus. :lol:

Had a great day yesterday.
So nice to see family members, we had a lovely lunch with Fiona and I had a great night with my friends. :D

It's the funeral today. :(

We're picking uncle Stanley up at 1.30 and the service is at Holytown Crematorium at 2.30.

There's a lunch at aunt Maureen's sister Margaret afterwards.

Tonight I'm meeting my friends for a drink and Michele's meeting up with some of her old school friends and going out for meal.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Postby JanB » 12 Mar 2024, 09:10

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Sunny but a little chilly at the moment. Warming up to 21C later 8-)

We're in for a treat, weatherwise, this month as we-re hitting low to mid 20's and double figures at night :Hi:

I've got some washing out and I'll do a small amount of ironing this morning too.

A lazy ish afternoon, no too much weeding and then Jose Felipe is coming here to hopefully cut the branches back. No doubt we'll have a visit from next door, demanding that we cut them back further, but we're only going to do what the judge said.

Hope all goes as well as it can this afternoon Ally xx

Have as good a day as you can everyone xx
JanB

Postby JoM » 12 Mar 2024, 09:23

Morning all, it’s pouring down again.

No walk yet, hopefully it’ll stop raining at some point so we can get out. So fed up of this rain and due to the tree felling works and the way the paths have been churned up in the woods and on the common, the mud caused by the heavy vehicles moving through is making it mostly unwalkable. There have been a lot of complaints on local social media. The wheel ruts are 2ft deep in places, what used to be a beautiful place to walk has been vandalised.

Hope all goes well today Al x

Right, off to empty the dishwasher.

Have a good day all x

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby cruiser2 » 12 Mar 2024, 09:36

God morning Everybody,
Only 13C when I got up. It is raining and the forecast says it may last al day. The CH is on even though I will be doing housework.

Ally, hope the funeral goes OK.

Had my new gas hob fitted yesterday. It is a Neff T26 DS49NO.
The gas engineer/plumber I know has he has done work for me before. He had to go under the floor boards to fit new pipe from the gas meter
to the new hob. The gasmeter is in a small cupboard under the stairs and the hob in in the kitchen. He got a bit muddy as there is some water on the ground under the floor boards.
Had to mop the kitchen floor after he left. There were a few muddy foot prints.
Have made porridge on one of the burners this morning. I am glad I have made the change.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby meriad » 12 Mar 2024, 10:37

Hello and good morning all

Thinking of you all this afternoon Ally, sending strength and hope the day goes as well as it can x
Jan, do you ever not do washing? :lol: :lol: :lol: Fingers crossed re the branches; one wonders what doofus next door will come up with next to annoy you - he really is something! But yay for the better weather! :Hi:
Jo, why did they fell the trees? Just breaks my heart this ongoing destruction of our environment. It's so relentless everywhere!
Cruiser, why on earth is there water (even if just some) on the ground under the floorboards? That doesn't sound right at all? But glad you're happy with your new hob :D And perfect weather for porridge!

Well office day for me today - it's absolutely pouring down so may as well be here; can't do much else at home besides clean :lol: . Jo, same as you (and I think most of us on here), I too am just so fed up and done with this weather.

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby Osc » 12 Mar 2024, 10:45

Morning all, it’s mostly cloudy here but bright after a lot of rain overnight. Edward has gone to play golf, and shortly I will be going shopping - I need a new pair of Skechers and might look for a light raincoat. On the way, I’ll get the car washed, it is getting covered in sand due to lots of work going on locally in what used to be a sand quarry. Also I have a bag of stuff for the charity box in TK Maxx. Just need to tidy the kitchen and make the bed before I go.
Osc

Postby cromwell » 12 Mar 2024, 11:52

Morning all.
Groundhog day here.
Grey.
Cold.
Raining.
Eliza is coming this afternoon and we need to get a paper soon.
Also to the doctors to make an appointment.
Have a nice day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby JanB » 12 Mar 2024, 11:57

meriad wrote:Jan, do you ever not do washing?

I discovered my old dust sheets Grumpy had thrown in a heap and they need a wash before being used again. They were filthy :evil: One on each car, at the back, until he sorts out the car ports, to prevent any more sun damage.

And the bed sheets from the spare room, as I use it a lot :lol:
JanB

Postby cromwell » 12 Mar 2024, 13:17

We have sun!
The dog walkers have even taken one layer of clothing off.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby saundra » 12 Mar 2024, 13:34

We have freezing cold here crommers send some sun please
Just done a Iceland order gosh things just get dearer
Hope everyone has a good day
Need a new freezer so looking on line must have had them over 20years they are under counter ones
No space for a fridge freezer as it's 3sides of counter tops and kitchen table on the other wall
By for now
saundra

Next

Return to Cafe