Good morning Wednesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Good morning Wednesday

Postby Kaz » 13 Mar 2024, 15:26

I agree about the ATMs, Ria, it does seem a bit daft. I went into my own bank to change it - they were happy to do so, but I had to put my card into their machine at the customer service desk. Interestingly, the young woman in there told me that fake £50 notes are very rare since they brought out the new ones - it’s the £20 notes that can be dodgy now :? After all that, on my way out I realised that I could have just paid in the larger note and then made a withdrawal of smaller denominations :shock: :oops: :lol:
Kaz

Postby JanB » 13 Mar 2024, 19:31

Well, what a lunch :Hi:

Rita had booked us for 1.00 and when we got there, we were told that Wednesday was their closed day, but it would be okay, if we left at 2.00 :shock: We actually left at 3.15 :lol:

When we walked in, it's a really small place and was packed - only one small table left.

We crammed ourselves on it and went with the suggestion that we have four dishes between us.

So, rice, salad, their version of chips, served in a roof tile :shock: :roll:

We had bacalhau a bras (like a kedgeree but with salt cod) chicken breasts done in a bacon and cream sauce (my favorite) black pork tenderloin with honey and coriander and thinly sliced pork loin with prawns.

All were gorgeous, but far too much, even with big appetites from Chris and David.

For six of us? Under 80 euros :shock: and that was with two bottles of wine and one of water.

Back to our local bar, as you do, sat in the sun, a lovely day :D
JanB

Postby Kaz » 14 Mar 2024, 15:15

Very nice! :D
Kaz

Previous

Return to Cafe