Good morning Wednesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Wednesday

Postby Ally » 13 Mar 2024, 07:04

Good morning.

I'll be too busy gallavanting to take much notice of the weather but I know it's not going to be the 23° that Don's going to enjoy. :lol:

Yesterday was understandably sad but made easier by our uncles being there with plenty of cuddles for us.

This morning I'm walking to a friend's for coffee and cake and to meet her 20 month old granddaughter Emily. :D

Once finished there I'll walk back into town to hook up with my cousin Lorna and we're going for a walk.
There's plenty of woods and nature paths round here so that'll be lovely.

Sis is driving to Strathaven to meet up with her friend Sue that she's known since her dental hospital days. :D

She'll be home in time for us to leave at 5pm to go and meet cousin Ivor who is taking us out for dinner. :D

Once back home it's jammies on and grab some much needed down time and TV. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Wednesday

Postby JanB » 13 Mar 2024, 09:07

Morning Ally, morning everyone

It-s clouded over after a sunny start, but the clouds will disappear soon, apparently, and we-re in for a lovely warm day at 21C 8-)

Off to Ourique after coffee and a quick slice of toast. Normal supermarkets, chemist and we also need to see if Marco can cut us a spare key for the Honda. Ours is almost smooth :shock: and although I looked everywhere yesterday and the day before, I can-t find a spare key and neither of us can actually remember having one any way :roll: :lol:

Off to lunch with Chris, Lucy, David and Rita later. David is driving. Grumpy is now slow driver and David is not :lol: The restaurant is in Santana da Serra, just down the road and has new owners. Chris and Lucy went there the other week and said it was brilliant, so will give it a go.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you-re doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 13 Mar 2024, 09:18

Good morning Ally & Janb and anybody else who is up.

Lots of grey clouds but no rain. Going to have a phone cnsultationwith the doctor this morning about my medication. Tey do this every year tomake sure the tablets are working.

I take some in the morning after breakfast, some after dinner and a statins before i go to bed.

Will just be tidying up after the new gas hob has been fitted. Willgive the kitchen floor another clean.
Ria, the water under the floorboards just makes the surface muddy. It will getdry in the summer when there is very little rain. The area is called Springfield. It is clay
and has always been damp.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Kaz » 13 Mar 2024, 09:30

Morning all :)

Ally, glad you have such a nice day planned after your sad one yesterday (((x)))

Hope you get your key cut, and enjoy your lunch out :) xx

Hope the phone consult goes well, Cruiser xx

It looks grey and damp here again today. More rain forecast, and the river is well over its banks again, down by Westgate - the trees is the fields down there looked like they were growing out of the water :? The Severn Bore was yesterday, apparently the biggest one in years, not surprising really as the sheer volume of water is huge at the moment.

Mick and I are going into town this morning. D drew a largish amount of money from the ATM at Tesco, but it gave her £50 notes :shock: :? She needs it smaller so we're going to the bank to change it for her. Probably have a cuppa in Coffee#1 while we're there.

Have a good day everyone :) xxx
Kaz

Postby JoM » 13 Mar 2024, 09:41

Morning all, it’s dull but dry (at the moment).

Bill’s had his walk and I’ve taken a chance on the washing drying on the line. Hopefully the rain will stay away and it’s certainly breezy enough to dry it.

Cinema tonight to see Wicked Little Letters.

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby saundra » 13 Mar 2024, 10:44

Morning all it's bright here but now going dullish now
More washing on the way sigh
Kaz saw the bore on tv yesterday enjoy your meal jan
Jo get that blanket done
Don't you ever stop ally?
Have a good result I hope cruiser
Take care everyone as
Time for a cuppa
saundra

Postby meriad » 13 Mar 2024, 10:54

Hello and good morning everyone
Ally, glad yesterday was OK and so lovely to have your uncles and your sister with you and you all have each other. Have a fab day catching up, enjoy the baby cuddles and most of all, enjoy the jimjam evening!
Jan, yay re the weather - if only the same could be said for here! Hope you get everything done in Ourique and enjoy the lunch
Cruiser, enjoy your day pootling and hope the GP call goes as planned
Kaz, not sure why the ATM's dispense £50 notes - not many shops actually want them so surely it makes sense to dispense the smaller notes; hope you get it sorted at the bank.
Jo, fingers crossed for your washing. Enjoy the cinema this evening
Saundra, hope you have a good day and enjoy that cuppa!

Office day for me again, so nothing exciting to report. Weather is meh and matches my mood :lol: :lol:

have a good day all x
meriad

Postby Osc » 13 Mar 2024, 11:04

Morning all, it’s damp and dreary here. Today is beauty day, cut/colour at 11.30 and nails at 3.30. Before that, I need to take out some money and also chase up my hip/knee X-rays with the surgery. I need to email the surgery too, about Edward’s B12, too messy to take up the receptionist’s time on the phone.

Cruiser, I also take my statin at night, apparently it works better if taken then, something to do with metabolism.
Osc

Postby jenniren » 13 Mar 2024, 13:05

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

Looks as though our coffee machine has given up the ghost. It's been making clicking sounds for the last few days and today the water stopped going through. Luckily we did manage to get a mug full each, I'll try decalcifying later and if that doesn't do the trick we'll have to get another one. Fresh coffee in the morning is a must!!

Planning a walk, so long as the weather stays nice we'll be off out in the next hour or so.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby meriad » 13 Mar 2024, 14:03

jenniren wrote:Fresh coffee in the morning is a must!!

100% agree :D
meriad

Next

Return to Cafe