Good morning Thursday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Thursday

Postby Ally » 14 Mar 2024, 07:45

Good morning.

Another full on day on its way. :lol:

A huge Tesco first (sis spotted a top she liked) and Don has requested Yorkshire Gold teabags. :lol:

Cambusnethan cemetery next to 'visit ' mum and dad.

Then we're due at cousin Gary's for 12.30 for tea and cake. :D

Cousin Simon after that then nipping back to the house for an hour.

I'm off to the pub to meet up with a bunch of mates and Michele's having dinner with her friend Fiona.

Oh and I must remember to go on my Ryanair app to check in for Saturday morning's flight. :lol:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Thursday

Postby meriad » 14 Mar 2024, 09:20

Hello Ally and everyone - good morning

Another quiet day for you then Ally? :lol: :lol: :lol: But lovely to be able to spend so much time with family.

WFH day for me today which is nice; so the usual mix of work and pootle and running an errand or two. Got a video call shortly with a friend who is in the process of moving back to Aus (from the UK); she's doing it over three months travelling through Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand etc... she's having a fantastic time and the photo's she sends are quite something.

Weather is decidedly iffy again..... dry morning but becoming more and more overcast and rain is expected a bit later; yay! :cry:

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby cruiser2 » 14 Mar 2024, 09:24

Good morning Ally and anybody else who is up.

It was 14C when i got up an went for the paper. Have not put the CH on as I am going out.

Going to the barbers to have my hair cut. Ifit gets any longer at the front it will be over my eyes.
Back home I will mop the kitchen floor again. I did it yesterday but I think another steam clean will bring it back to what it should be. This was after the gas
engineer had left a few muddy foot prints.

Have a good day eveybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 14 Mar 2024, 09:58

Morning everyone

We've had fog/mist rolling in and out since 6.00, but it«s just about gone and going to be another lovely, warm day at 23C :Hi:

A gardening day for us, need to put garlic in tubs (yet again, trying to grow garlic :roll: :lol: ) and moving a few pots around, now we're not getting any more cold nights. She says :lol: :lol:

Meeting friends down at the bar later, as I got her some biscuits she wanted when we were in the Algarve.

Leftovers from yesterday for dinner, with added veg and potatoes. Quite fancy the chicken one, so will add mushrooms, also leftover from the other day.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing and pause for breath sometime Ally ;)
JanB

Postby cromwell » 14 Mar 2024, 11:08

Morning all.
Another busy day Ally.
MrsC has gone for her hair doing, this afternoon we will be having Eliza. She is very good at school, she saves being baughty up for when she gets out!
Kath our neighbour has got the decorator in again, i can't imagine why. I've never been in such an immaculate house.
Our son is under the weather as he has some sort of virus; hopefully a couple of days off will put him right.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Osc » 14 Mar 2024, 11:14

Morning all, it’s dull and dreary here. Usual Thursday, dance practice this morning and Kellie will be here this afternoon. I had a few aches and pains when I got up but hopefully the two paracetamol I’ve taken will get rid of them. My hip X-ray result showed “minor wear and tear”, still waiting for the knee one.

Jan, we have masses of wild garlic growing around here, you can smell it when out walking in the woods. It would “grow in your ear” as we say!
Osc

Postby jenniren » 14 Mar 2024, 11:46

Morning all :D

Nice and bright here.

Can't wait for the new coffee machine to arrive, Ed's making do with an instant coffee, but I need the real thing.

We did get out for a short walk yesterday, not too far, I was having a very sore day. Hydro at 1.15 today, I'm hoping she can add more sessions.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby meriad » 14 Mar 2024, 13:22

jenniren wrote:Can't wait for the new coffee machine to arrive

What did you end up getting Jen; and when are you expecting delivery?

I love my machine and always said I'd replace it with the same when it goes; but my brother has a bean to cup that I've quite taken a liking to. With mine I have to grind the beans separately
meriad

Postby Kaz » 14 Mar 2024, 15:27

Afternoon everyone :)

Ally I get tired just reading your UK adventures :lol: ;) xx

Ria, wow what a trip your friend is having! :D That reminds me, I have some pics from B to put on here 8-) xx

Have a good one, Cruiser xx

Glad it's warmed up a bit for you Jan! Wish it would here :cute: :lol: xx

Crommers, a teacher once told me that that is definitely the right way round with children's behaviour. It's when they are angels at home but misbehaving at school that alarm bells ring ;) xx

Hope your aches and pains have worn off, Osc xx

Fingers crossed for the hydro sessions Jen xx

Shopping with D this morning. We went to Tesco again, so I reckon I have definitely lured her over to the blue side ;) :lol:

It started out bright, but is chucking it down yet again! The going at Cheltenham must be extremely soft today, if not completely boggy :? I hope the horses will be ok......

Pilates tonight.

Love to all :) xx
Kaz

Postby JoM » 14 Mar 2024, 17:55

Afternoon all, it’s been a dull day and is now pouring down (good timing as I’ve just cut the lawns).

Me and Bill had company on our walk this morning as John’s on a site visit to Chester so didn’t have to leave until 10am.

Hope you soon get your coffee machine Jen, I’d be lost without ours (it’s a Delonghi Dedica, I’m thinking about getting Tom one as a housewarming present as he doesn’t like tea and appreciates a nice coffee), I never really enjoy a mug of instant.

I’m just doing my Tesco order for tomorrow, so I need to call my Dad to see if he wants anything. I think he just has stuff because I ask, if something he wants shows as out of stock on the app he’ll say that he’ll get whatever it is when he’s next in there (which is most days) so he doesn’t actually need me to order things for him.

Joe’s not long home from work and has now gone into Stafford to get his hair cut.

Crommers, Joe was like that. I often thought the teachers must’ve been talking about the wrong child :lol:

Have a good evening all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Next

Return to Cafe