Good morning Friday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Friday

Postby Ally » 15 Mar 2024, 07:28

Good morning.

Today's schedule is a busy one. :lol:

Meeting our childhood friend Anne at Rosebank garden centre for lunch.
I can't believe I'm going back there after Monday's shenanigans. :lol:
Remind me at the Brum meet to tell you the story...it involved a mannequin, a wig and a jumper. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some running around getting a few last bits from Tesco then up to see dad's cousin Nancy.

A final visit to uncles Stefan and Stanley then back to the airbnb to pack.

I'm getting picked up tomorrow at 6am so I'll be organised.

Fish and chips tonight and catch up on this week's GB Menu. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Friday

Postby JanB » 15 Mar 2024, 09:13

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Sun and cloud this morning with 20C forecast. I'm happy with that 8-)

Enjoy your last day Ally and safe journey tomorrow xx

Cleaning this morning and hopefully get out and do some more weeding later, before the ground gets too hard.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby meriad » 15 Mar 2024, 09:43

Good morning you two and everyone else - happy Friday

Ally, enjoy the last day and seeing the family. Hope you get everything you need at Tesco and safe journey tomorrow x
Jan, hope you get the weeding done but don't overdo it!

Friday wfh for me, but a bit more pootle than work for today as I have friends coming round for dinner this evening so I need to shop and clean and prep the meal. I'm doing a raclette with them so the prep is just chopping everything and have it ready in small bowls - the cooking gets done individually at the table. I think it's a really social meal and so far whenever I've done this when I've had friends over, everyone has thorough enjoyed it. It'll be interesting to see if Steve and Sue enjoy it as well. I also need to stock up on food for the weekend. The M25 is being shut in both directions between junctions 10 and 11 and whilst the official diversion route goes north of the M25 towards London, there will be people (who know the area / follow satnav that knows better) that will come off in a southern direction which means they most likely will end up coming through my village which is a narrow single carriage way - it has the potential of being an absolute nightmare getting anywhere; so I'm prepping for not going anywhere :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a lovely day all
meriad

Postby cruiser2 » 15 Mar 2024, 10:16

Good morningeverybody,

It was 15C when i got up. Ithasrained during the night and there are still grey clouds. the sun is trying to come out.

Going to Chorley on the bus. When i get home I will carry on tidying up.

Ria, I know what you mean about short cuts. When I have gone to a shopping centre near Chester I go part of the way on country lanes. Shorter and much quieter
than the motorways.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 15 Mar 2024, 10:57

Morning all, another dull dreary day, so ready for some sunshine. Edward has just left to go to a funeral, someone from the golf club. I’ll be going to mobility class in a while, then back to do not very much before we go dancing this evening. It’s St Patrick’s weekend here but we have nothing planned. Miss Osc and family are going to Wicklow tomorrow, so the height of our excitement will be going over to their house at some stage to wash our car. We hope to get out for a good walk one of the days over the weekend, I’m seriously out of the habit of walking and would like to get back to it. The weather around St Patrick’s day is traditionally not great, so we shall see.
Osc

Postby JoM » 15 Mar 2024, 11:08

Good morning all, the weather can’t make it’smind up here today.

Bill had his early walk, I’ve done to loads of washing and also seen Joe off, he and some friends are going to Cheltenham. He looked very smart :lol:
Now I’m waiting for the Tesco delivery so I’m crocheting more of Joe’s blanket while waiting, I had 15 balls of wool delivered yesterday which Tom’s chosen for a blanket for in his house so I’ve got to get a move on!

Ria, that sounds a nightmare. We had issues here with the M6 on Tuesday. It was closed southbound between 14 and 13 which sends everything through Stafford but there are roadworks at the north end by 14, more in the town itself and then the road which leads to 13 is closed for roadworks so that pushed drivers down towards us at 12.
Hope the meal goes well!

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby saundra » 15 Mar 2024, 12:01

Morning all getting brighter but had rain earlier
Not a lot happening here night start a new queen doll my sil is still waiting for one haven't knitted for over a year
Jo that is alot of wool my sil in Cardiff does the most beautiful baby quilts
Have a good day everyone ria haven't any idea what the meal is but sounds I interesting
And my granddaughter is on a safari in Gambia seen photos of bored lion in a tree monkey's every where and yesterday she was stroking a crocodile yuck not for m ?there is a daisy on my lawn :lol:
saundra

Postby jenniren » 15 Mar 2024, 13:42

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

There were a few cancellations yesterday so my hydro session went on a bit longer. Not complaining, but I was really sore afterwards. Elinor the physio lady has booked me in again for next Tuesday, not sure if I'll get any more, but we'll see.

We had a nice lie in and we're enjoying 'proper' coffee. Really missed it yesterday, thank goodness for Amazon's next day delivery. The washing's on the go so no other plans.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 15 Mar 2024, 16:05

Afternoon everyone :)

Safe travels for tomorrow, Al :) xx

Hope you got your weeding done, Jan xx

Ria, have fun with your friends :) I think Junction 11 is the Chertsey turnoff, if so I know it well xx

Hope you got your stuff done in Chorley, Cruiser :) xx

Hopefully the weather will brighten up for you Osc xx

Jo, the weather here this afternoon is beautiful, so hopefully Joe will have a great time :) xx

Yikes Saundra, that old song "Never smile at a crocodile" is in my head now :lol: xx

I hope you will get the extra physio, Jen xx

It started wet here, but has cleared up beautifully :) SW first thing, then a cuppa round at Em's. We took some lunch round to D's after that, and I've just got home from my routine mammogram appointment.

Love to all :) xx
Kaz

Postby JoM » 15 Mar 2024, 18:44

Kaz, that’s in my head now too :lol:

Saundra, let us see the queen doll when it’s done!

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Next

Return to Cafe