Good Morning Saturday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good Morning Saturday

Postby JanB » 16 Mar 2024, 09:05

Morning everyone

Sun making the early fog disappear and we're in for a lovely, warm day at 24C :Hi:

Gardening for us, need to finish off the veg plot, put more garlic in pots and cut back various things.

Meeting friends down at the bar this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Re: Good Morning Saturday

Postby cruiser2 » 16 Mar 2024, 10:09

Good morning JanB and anybodyelse who is up.

A cool 13C when I got up. Had to scrap ice of the car when I went for the paper. There is a lovely blue sky and it is slowly getting warmer.

A bricklayer is comingthis morning to give an estimate to rebuild the brick gate post which was damaged on Wednesday evening/night.

Ally when you write the book about your escapade with the mannequin, wig and jumper can I be your literary agent. I will only charge 20%!!

Have a good day everybody
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 16 Mar 2024, 11:29

Morning all, I woke about 6am, went to the loo and noticed it was a beautiful morning - fast forward three hours and it is raining :roll: So we didn’t rush to get up, finally got up at 9.30 which is a bit later than usual. Someone rang the doorbell at 8am :evil: I have put on a wash but nothing else planned for the day. Apparently there is a lot of sport on, so I’ll be spending my time doing my jigsaw/reading/knitting. But first I need to shower and wash my hair, also my legs need defuzzing and tonight I might paint my toenails.
Osc

Postby saundra » 16 Mar 2024, 12:07

Morning all beautiful day and Scarlett is on her way
I'm in a rush have a good day everyone xx
saundra

Postby JoM » 16 Mar 2024, 12:24

Good morning all, it’s dull here after a beautiful sunny and frosty start.

I walked Bill first thing, I’ve ironed and the next load of washing is on the line.

John and the lads have just left to drive to South Wales to visit his Mom. Visiting is 2 until 4 so they’ll go straight to the hospital. After that they’re going to see Theresa before driving home.

Have a lovely time with Scarlett, Saundra x

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby jenniren » 16 Mar 2024, 12:36

Morning all :D

Bright sunshine 8-)

Saundra have a lovely time with Scarlett.

We're off out for a walk along the clifftop in the next hour or so, lovely weather to be outside.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby cromwell » 16 Mar 2024, 13:14

Good afternoon.
Nice weather here too Jen.
MrsC, our daughter and Eliza have gone to try and get the child some new shoes. I think that there is still a Clark's at a local retail park that measures children's feet.

Our daughter isn't too impressed atm. She had her nails done on Thursday night by a girl learning the trade; it took ages, she paid the same as if someone experienced had done the job, and part of the lacquer has dropped off this morning. She is Not Happy.

Enjoy your time with Scarlette, Saundra. How is Bill getting along Jo? It must be lovely to grow your own veg and herbs Jan; they always used to say that you can't buy them like you can grow them.

Speaking of buying them, the card machine is down at our Sainsbury's local so it's cash only. That's going to confuse some young people. I've noticed young shop assistants looking closely at the coins they give in change so they can work out how much to give back; because they themselves must never use cash so they don't know what the individual coins are worth!

Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby JoM » 16 Mar 2024, 15:21

Hope they manage to get some shoes Crommers, the town centre Clarks have recently closed in both Cannock and Stafford but one has opened at the designer outlet down the road. Bill’s doing great thanks, though unimpressed by the relentless rain we’ve had recently.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby JanB » 16 Mar 2024, 15:41

The onions can see daylight Crommers :lol: and the beetroot, carrots and peas. Broad beans doing well.

After yesterday's sad news about our friend, we had lovely news earlier.

Eldest grand daughter is now engaged :Hi: :Hi:

And about time too :lol:

Off to shower and head down to the bar, I'm cream crackered ;)
JanB

Postby Kaz » 16 Mar 2024, 18:52

Evening everyone :)

We had an unexpected your of the Cotswolds this morning :lol: Meeting our friends at a new farm shop cum cafe out near Stroud, Mick insisted he knew where it was without needing the satnag, as he calls it :roll: Of course we got a bit lost, but at least the magical mystery tour was very pretty :lol: We had a pleasant brunch anyway :lol: Round to D's this afternoon :)

Lots of replies needed, so I will just send love to all xxx
Kaz

Next

Return to Cafe