Good morning Sunday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Sunday

Postby Ally » 17 Mar 2024, 05:34

Good morning.

Had a nice flight home yesterday and being met by my lovely hubby was smashing.
Having left Glasgow with a temperature of -1 and the plane having to be de-iced, coming back to 28° was a culture shock. :lol: :lol:

We went straight out for lunch and a catch up. :lol:

Due to be 29° today. 8-)

As Don's from Irish parentage we're going out for St Patrick's Day. :D
The twins are coming over to join us for lunch out at Gambrinus. :cute: :cute:

I'm sure it'll end up being a very lengthy affair. :lol:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Sunday

Postby JanB » 17 Mar 2024, 09:35

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Hazy sunshine and 27C for us today. It's 16C already, so windows are open and t-shirts will be aired later :D Maybe legs too ;) :lol:

We had planned on a bbq for today, but I'd forgotten about the footie, so roast pork instead.

Outside for most of the day, weeding, cutting back. The ice plants take over if left.

Dominic is coming up sometime today - but he's said that before :roll: - to get two of the now defunct batteries for the solar system.

Happy St Patrick's day to all who celebrate :D

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 17 Mar 2024, 10:55

Good morning everybody,

It was 14c when i got up. Ithasbeen raining again and there are still lots oif grey clouds.

Have painted the skirtingboard in the cupboard under the stairs. This is where the gas engineer had to go to fit the new pipe work form the gasmeter.
I will lwt it dry today before putting the hardboard which goes over the floor boards and thew carpet. It wil give the paint time to dry.

Will be ironing as I did the washing yesterday while I was watching the rugby.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 17 Mar 2024, 11:14

Morning all, glory be, St Patrick has loaned us some sunshine! But there will probably be some showers, it wouldn’t be St Patrick’s Day without them. Our main plan is to take the car to Miss Osc’s house to wash it, otherwise we’ll see where the day takes us. I know ManU are playing Liverpool this afternoon, that’s Edward sorted, and tonight is the final of Dancing with the Stars Ireland so we are looking forward to that.

We are going to Paris four weeks from today and the tickets arrived this morning :Hi:
Osc

Postby Kaz » 17 Mar 2024, 11:59

Morning all :)

Must be lovely to be home in the sunshine, Al 8-) Have a great day with your boys :) xx

Hope you get the solar stuff sorted Jan xx

Have a good day Cruiser xx

Happy St Patrick’s Day Osc :D xx

We’re staying in today. Mick has an awful cold, and as we’re off to Wales tomorrow for two nights he’s taking it easy and trying to shake it off. I’ve made a beef casserole in the slow cooker and have some cooking apples so might make a crumble for later.

Have a good day everyone xxx
Kaz

Postby cromwell » 17 Mar 2024, 12:37

Good morning.
Rain earlier, now sun.
Our son-in-law's parents have just taken their caravan to Whitby. The site owner told them to park up just inside the gate and he would get his tractor to tow their caravan to it's hard standing, because if they tried to drive their car and caravan over the field they would get bogged down, as others have in the last few days. That's how much rain they have had over months.
Just us for dinner today.
I hope Mick's cold isn't like our son's Kaz; it's absolutely flattened him this week and just when you think you're getting better, it comes back.
Happy St Patricks Day, Osc and Ally! Roast pork Jan, lovely. Have a good day Cruiser.
Enjoy the day, everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby saundra » 17 Mar 2024, 13:24

Morning all crommers my neighbour is in Scarborough hospital on intervinase? antibiotics with the flue virus
Had a lovely day with Scarlett yesterday they brought me a yard of chocolate it was vile consisted of 4 packets of ch o button things she took them home with here and one packet went in the bin by for now take care w
saundra

Postby jenniren » 17 Mar 2024, 13:33

Morning all :D

Wet :roll:

Glad you had a good flight home Ally.
Take it easy in the garden Jan.
You sound busy Cruiser.
Happy St Patrick's Day Osc.
Hope Mick's cold eases ready for your trip tomorrow Kaz.
Same here Crommers, just the two of us for dinner.
Saundra glad you had a lovely day with Scarlett, shame about the chocolate.

Just as well we had a walk yesterday, it's definitely not the weather to be out and about today. Roast chicken for dinner later, no other plans.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JoM » 17 Mar 2024, 14:25

:) Afternoon all, on the M6 en route to Manchester with Joe and the sun is shining.

It poured down earlier so we had to wait for that to stop before taking Bill for a long muddy walk, it was very mild though.

Hope Mick’s cold doesn’t affect your plans Kaz.

Crommers, that sounds like what we’ve all had. We’re still not 100% and it’s been a month for John and 3 weeks for me. My poor Aunty Dor has had it too, she’s been in bed for much of the last month, which isn’t like her at all as she’s usually here, there and everywhere, and has lost a fair bit of weight.

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Osc » 17 Mar 2024, 19:53

Jo, bet you were glad to be at that match! Will you go to Wembley?
Osc

Next

Return to Cafe