Good morning Tuesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Tuesday

Postby Ally » 19 Mar 2024, 07:28

Good morning.

Forecast a pleasant 26° so after my walk I'll relax and read in the garden.
It doesn't feel like it'll be long before I'll be in the pool. :D

TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Postby meriad » 19 Mar 2024, 09:31

Hello Ally and everyone - good morning

26 Ally? Sigh - we can only but dream of that. Is that normal for this time of year or are you hotting up early again? If we get to 13 today I think we're in for a treat :lol: :lol: :lol:

WFH day for me; had two meetings yesterday that I needed to be in for - really should have stayed home as I've got a cold and sniffing and snorting my way through the day trying to avoid people wasn't fun :lol: but hey ho; at least home today. Back in tomorrow and Thursday

Will have to do another Sainsbury's run today - I went yesterday after work but the shelves were so empty, I only got half of what I wanted / needed to see me through to Friday :shock: It was quite unreal; so hoping they've done a restock overnight / this morning

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby cruiser2 » 19 Mar 2024, 09:45

Good morning everybody.

Only 13C when I got up. We hadrain during the night but there is a lovely blue sky and it is getting warmer. If it stays like this I will be in the garden weeding this
afternoon.

I am going to see my solicitor this morning to sign my new Will. I have decided to make several changes to the previous one which is over five years old.
It will now include a section on what will happen to the software on my computer and mobile phone. This is now imortant as it may contain sensitive and personal
information awell as photos.
There are also sections on who gets my tools, watches, and other items.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 19 Mar 2024, 09:49

Morning everyone

Foggy :shock: :roll: :roll:

So we stayed in bed for a coffee and read :lol: Everything is so wet out there, there is no chance of doing anything this morning, so a pootle inside. If it dries later, then we can head out.

Not quite will changing, but chatting to Steve yesterday, he asked if any-one locally had phone numbers or contact details for our families back in England - just in case anything happens to the pair of us at the same time. To be quite honest, we hadn't thought about it. In fact, no-one even knows where the spare key is :lol: So will give that some thought today.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx

Oh and the bliss of next door having guests - it's so peaceful :Hi:
JanB

Postby meriad » 19 Mar 2024, 09:59

JanB wrote:Not quite will changing, but chatting to Steve yesterday, he asked if any-one locally had phone numbers or contact details for our families back in England - just in case anything happens to the pair of us at the same time. To be quite honest, we hadn't thought about it. In fact, no-one even knows where the spare key is :lol: So will give that some thought today.

You should definitely do something Jan. God forbid that worst case scenario ever unfolds, but it's important to make sure people know who to contact.
meriad

Postby saundra » 19 Mar 2024, 10:44

Morning all nice DAY but a bit damp overnight have a good day everyone
Did a basic will but just general stuff didn't cross my mind about stuff on my kindle and just take the hard drive on my old computer in sorry to say stuff if been left union past the odd watch and jewellery just got chucked in a draw after a few months rather remember people in my heart and special times
saundra

Postby Kaz » 19 Mar 2024, 10:47

Bore Da everyone, from Cymru ;)

It’s lovely here so far. Our dog-friendly lodge in the hotel grounds is very comfortable with a swish bathroom 8-) Beautiful meal last night, and we’ve just had a huge breakfast - they’ll be rolling me back over The Prince of Wales bridge to England :lol:

Have had some lovely birthday messages from friends and family, and we’re FaceTiming Becky tonight. Chris sent me a birthday card that folds into a crown that says birthday queen and has told me wearing it is compulsory :lol: He has that sort of sense of humour :lol: I will take a selfie wearing it, and kid on that I wore it to breakfast :P :lol: We’re about to go out exploring - a nice wide beach to walk Fraggle will do me ;) :P

Oh a message just landed from Zoe, one of my German cousins “Happy birthday Karen, best Cousin!” :D I will take that, but not tell the other dozen or so :lol: ;)

Have a good day everyone :) xxx
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 19 Mar 2024, 10:52

We have a will already, but this trip as B is away I have written contact numbers for the kids on my whiteboard in the kitchen that I use for shopping lists. I think that’s easier than someone having to root for my address book.
Kaz

Postby JoM » 19 Mar 2024, 11:07

Good morning all, it’s dull and there’s a bit of rain in the air although it’s mild and we’re forecast 15° today.

It was sunny when I walked Bill first thing. There’s some housework to do and then I need to crack on with crocheting Joe’s blanket.

Just the three of us for dinner tonight, the American bosses are visiting John’s office so they’re out for Italian food after work.

Kaz, the lodge looks lovely. Enjoy the beach, there are some beautiful ones along that stretch of coastline.

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Osc » 19 Mar 2024, 11:43

Morning all, it’s a nice day here, maybe Spring is finally on the way. Edward has gone to play golf. I have a list to work through, including preparing the spare room as we have visitors coming at the weekend. This involves getting the spare duvet from the attic, pulling out the second bed from under the other one, and giving the room a good clean. I also need to pop to the chemist as they didn’t have something I ordered on our prescription list. Also need to make a batch of soup which I’ll put in the freezer to use at the weekend. Yesterday was the fourth anniversary of my breast surgery, such strange times they were back in March 2020.
Osc

Next

Return to Cafe