Good morning Wednesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Wednesday

Postby Ally » 20 Mar 2024, 08:18

Good morning.

A gorgeous sunrise and forecast 25°. 8-)

We're taking our bikes down to Guadalmar and there's a cycle path all the way from there into Malaga so we're giving it a go. :D

There's many chiringuitos along the way for us to stop for a refreshment. :D

TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Wednesday

Postby JanB » 20 Mar 2024, 08:48

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Sunny but with a slight chance of rain this afternoon :shock:

Off to Ourique soon, normal mad dash around everywhere. Driving school to get my pass for driving until my renewed licence comes through, long story this one, won't bore you with it :lol: Both supermarkets, chemist, drop in at a friends on the way back as she has something for me, pit stop for coffee and back for breakfast. Phew.

Garden is sopping wet at the moment but with the sun out, it will hopefully dry so Grumpy can do more strimming, before the rain.

if not, book and a wine :lol: :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby JoM » 20 Mar 2024, 09:19

Morning all, just back from walking Bill and it’s now started to rain so we were lucky to miss it.

Tom’s got a long and difficult day today on a school trip, he was on a 6.30am flight from Birmingham to Krakow with two sixth formers for a visit to Auschwitz. They should land back in Birmingham at 10pm.

We’re off to the Odeon this evening to see the Bob Marley film, don’t know much about him apart from some of his songs.

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby cruiser2 » 20 Mar 2024, 09:41

Good morning everybody.

It was 14C when I got up. It has been raining. There are still gery clouds. But the forecast said the sun shpuld come out.

I am going to buy some plants this morning. There is a good nursery about three miles away. So the boot and the back seat may be full of trays of plants.
I know what I want so it will just be a case of finding them.

Have a good day everybody
cruiser2

Postby meriad » 20 Mar 2024, 11:00

Hello and good morning all

Ally, enjoy the cycle.... and thanks to watching Escape to the Sun yesterday I know what a chiringuitos is :lol:
Jan, hope you get everything sorted - assume that Grumpy must be feeling better if you're setting him to work strimming? ;) (and sorry if I missed the updates - not been very good about logging on regularly :oops: )
Jo, let me know what you think of the film - I've heard quite good reviews about it. And was it just Tom and the two students on the trip? It will be a tough day for them
Good luck with the plants Cruiser - what are you getting / planting

Office day for me so nothing exciting to report

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby Osc » 20 Mar 2024, 11:16

Morning all, it’s damp and dreary here :roll: I have an optician appointment at 11.30, so will leave here around 11am. I think Edward is planning on washing the floors. I also need to make a couple of phone calls, otherwise I’ll do what I think needs doing.
Osc

Postby saundra » 20 Mar 2024, 11:59

Morning all we have rain but it's mild
News made me smile today my family laugh at me because I use cash ,when i went shopping
Now Scarlett mum only used contactless? Never has any cash well today greggs are victims of cyber wars it was as Tesco and Sainsbury at the weekend and people agree with no cash system total madness by for now
saundra

Postby jenniren » 20 Mar 2024, 13:08

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny, very apt for the first day of Spring.

No plans, I had Ed's chap Raf in hydro yesterday, he's hardcore and I'm aching in places I haven't felt for years :lol: Plenty to do indoors so will make sure I keep moving. Waiting for Boots to deliver my prescription so can't go out until they get here and that could be anytime between 8am-5pm. We'll definitely get out tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JoM » 20 Mar 2024, 13:08

Yes Ria, just the three of them but it’s organised by the Holocaust Education Trust which subsidies the trip for two students and a teacher, everything including flights costs £59 pp and I think every secondary school has the chance to take part. They’ve already had a webinar with a Holocaust survivor and this is the next stage, Tom was saying that after this there’s a further webinar where the students talk about their visit and following that they have to work on a project to educate their peers. It’s absolutely necessary that this is never forgotten and it’s incredible that this scheme is available for schools to participate in.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby JanB » 20 Mar 2024, 15:04

Remind me not to go to Ourique during Pig Fair week :shock: Complete nightmare trying to get through anywhere and every-one going up and down roads that are supposed to be one way, but needs must when you can't get around :lol:

But got my certificate, just have to wait for the renewal card now.

Yes, Ria, his back is much improved, thank you.

Got back to find our house sign missing :? :shock: The town hall put them up and it was at the bottom of our shared drive, along with David and Rita's one. Ours has just disappeared, with only a small amount left on the post :roll:

Now I wonder who on earth could have done that :?: :?: And removed all evidence too :cry:

Lovely and warm now, but feeling cool in the breeze, so I've made a beef casserole.
JanB

Next

Return to Cafe