I'll do my walk shortly then back to chill out and read in the garden. :D

Chinese takeaway tonight and a film on Netflix. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Saturday

Postby Kaz » 23 Mar 2024, 08:56

Good morning Ally, and everyone :)

Woke early as sunshine was coming through a chink in the curtains - certainly not going to complain about that :D ;) We'll be up to the usual Saturday stuff, out for breakfast, then round to Doreen's. Facetiming Becky tonight, she's got to Surfers Paradise on the tour :mrgreen: :lol:

Have a good day everyone :) xxx
Kaz

Postby cruiser2 » 23 Mar 2024, 09:22

Good morning Ally & Kaz.

Only 13C when I got up.There is a cold wind which makes it seem even colder. The sun is getting through the clouds with some blue sky.
Had a lovely lunch yesterday with friends. The pub is in the Pesto group.There are several indiffrenet parts of the country serving Italian food.

Off to Chorley this morning. I want some cheese, fish as well as meat. There are three stall and you can buy as much as you want. Not like supermarkets where
it is all wrapped in plastic and you have to have more thsn you want or need.

Back home I will just be pootling.
Have good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 23 Mar 2024, 09:28

Morning everyone

We still have the Sahara dust, which is giving the grey sky a funny colour. But warm at 28C again.

Off to Ourique again this morning, as I need tablets for my ear infection. We couldn't actually find a way back from the doc's yesterday, so gave up. But going in a different way this morning.

I didn't get any cleaning done yesterday and really should do something today, but we'll see how I feel.

Grumpy will be out strimming again, as long as his strimmer starts, that is :lol: Why he won't use mine is beyond me.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Osc » 23 Mar 2024, 09:35

Morning all, I’m awake and posting early while we are all still in bed. We had a lovely time last night but the meal I had in the pub before we went dancing didn’t sit well so I lost some sleep while it settled. I can always have a nap in the afternoon before we go out tonight, we did that the last time our friends were here. It seems to be a damp dreary morning but maybe it will clear up a bit. Our friends had a dreadful drive here yesterday, they were coming here after a dance lesson about 40 minutes away, having driven up from Cork earlier in the day. The drive here took almost 1 1/2 hours, but thankfully it wasn’t a late night so I hope they’ve slept well. A lazy day ahead before more dancing tonight.
Osc

Postby meriad » 23 Mar 2024, 11:04

Hello and good morning all

Osc, hope you manage to have an afternoon snooze - being tired isn't fun and really drains
Ally, enjoy your lazy day - sounds quite perfect
Cruiser, Chorley sounds fab - wish they had similar markets close to where I live. As a matter of interest, how do the prices at the stalls compare with super market prices? Here anything 'market' is considered trendy / artisan and the prices are usually very high.
Kaz, it's lovely waking up to sunlight isn't it! I don't actually sleep with my curtains closed so it's really light very early - just love it.
Jan, hope you find the tablets, good luck. Ear infections aren't fun at all - take it easy x

Well about to head out. I'm meeting up with a friend later today to do some easter crafting; and she's doing an 'afternoon tea', so I offered to bring the sandwiches; which means needing to pop out and get the ingredients. Then will pop round to Karl and Nadine's afterwards to meet the newest member of their family - a baby bearded dragon called Gizmo. Not exactly my pet of choice, but Amelia has been wanting one since she was about 9 and finally managed to save enough to get one. I'll admit that I'm a bit scared of them so am hoping that if I get used to Gizmo as a baby and handle him regularly as he's growing it won't be as daunting. Amelia is over the moon so it'll be nice for her to share her enthusiasm with someone - and it certainly won't be the parents LOL; it's Amelia and I that are the animal mad people in this family :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a lovely day all
meriad

Postby jenniren » 23 Mar 2024, 11:58

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny, but Ed says it's cold and blustery out there today :roll:

We're planning a walk along the clifftop in the next hour or so, definitely won't be carrying an umbrella, don't fancy being blown across the channel :lol:

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby cromwell » 23 Mar 2024, 12:26

Good morning.
A lovely sunny one here, but we have had rain and the wind is chilly.
MrsC is off to our daughter's to take some salmon up. Unfortunately whilst parking our car the other day she just caught our front lawn and now we have a tyre shaped gouge in it.
In a while it's off to the ATM for some Johnny Cashingtons.
Very wise re the brolly Jen; the Channel will be chilly at this time of year!
Ria, enjoy the crafting. Our markets are a poor shadow of what they were, Cruiser. Don't get sunburned Ally! (Not something we're having to worry about in the UK).
Kaz, Surfer's Paradise! I hope Grumpy's strimmer co-operates Jan. Osc, I think a nap is a good idea.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby saundra » 23 Mar 2024, 12:38

Morning all very bright and breezy here
Must hoover sigh
Just some videos of scarlet
Yesterday at school she got an award
For maths and also being so kind to others if they needed a hug
In the afternoon she is in a recorder group so they played I can just imagine the noise it looked painful bless them all they tried
Made my head ache :lol:
Have a good day everyone
saundra

Postby miasmum » 23 Mar 2024, 14:00

meriad wrote:Hello and good morning all

Well about to head out. I'm meeting up with a friend later today to do some easter crafting; and she's doing an 'afternoon tea', so I offered to bring the sandwiches; which means needing to pop out and get the ingredients. Then will pop round to Karl and Nadine's afterwards to meet the newest member of their family - a baby bearded dragon called Gizmo. Not exactly my pet of choice, but Amelia has been wanting one since she was about 9 and finally managed to save enough to get one. I'll admit that I'm a bit scared of them so am hoping that if I get used to Gizmo as a baby and handle him regularly as he's growing it won't be as daunting. Amelia is over the moon so it'll be nice for her to share her enthusiasm with someone - and it certainly won't be the parents LOL; it's Amelia and I that are the animal mad people in this family :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a lovely day all

Ria they are lovely creatures, really gentle. There was a meet the reptiles thing at Pets at Home, they had the children sitting in a circle, and handling the reptiles, well the children and me, I was in the circle too :lol:

I really love bearded dragons
miasmum

Next

Return to Cafe