Good morning Sunday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Sunday

Postby Ally » 24 Mar 2024, 07:36

Good morning.

Forecast 28° and sunny so I'll head off shortly for my walk. :D

Got a big chunky chicken to throw in the oven along with spicy wedges for dinner. :D
I made a lemon drizzle cake yesterday and with vanilla ice cream that's dessert sorted. :D

TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Sunday

Postby Kaz » 24 Mar 2024, 09:46

Morning all!

Oh lemon drizzle is my absolute favourite, Al! Doreen makes one sometimes, and I saw lemons in her fruit bowl yesterday, so am living in hope...... ;) :lol: :lol:

It's bright here this morning. We're meeting Em and Dave in Portivo, which will be nice. Round to D's afterwards, then home. Lamb chops, baked potato and veg for dinner, followed by fresh raspberries and low-fat vanilla ice cream 8-)

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby cruiser2 » 24 Mar 2024, 09:47

Good morning Ally and anybody else who is up.

It was 14C when I got up. Tere is some blue sky with lots of fluffy clouds.
Just pootling again today.
Ria, yesterday at Chorley, I got a chunk of Lancashire crumbly cheese, one of Rioja and one of Buck Diaudarye. I ask for a good quarter of a pound in weight.
That cost just under £9.00-yes nine pounds.
Then at the butchers I got three boneless pork loin steaks and four rashers of smoked baken for just over £5.00. The steaks were freshly cut the thickness I wanted.
Then I had my lunch. A bowl of hotpot with two slices of brown bread and a large mug of tea for £7.65. Good service and good company.

Ally, your lemon drizzle cake sounds delicious.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 24 Mar 2024, 09:49

Morning Ally, Kaz and everyone

Grey and gloomy again, but mild and 28C for us too. Not that I think we'll see any sun today :roll:

Rain and thunderstorms forecast for the next week and a little cooler too, so the washing is being done today :lol:

This 4.00am start again is not good to me :roll:

Grumpy will carry on with strimming - using my strimmer, as his still refuses to start - and I'll carry on weeding and feeding the donkeys.

BBQ for us.

Have a good day everyone,whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cromwell » 24 Mar 2024, 12:26

Good morning.
We did have blue sky earlier but it has clouded up now.
It's a bit foodie on here today!
I love lemon drizzle cake too Ally, and lamb chops Kaz.
I like a butcher for that reason Cruiser; you can specify what you want and how much of it you want; in s supermarket you can only have the weight that they have in.
Enjoy your bbq Jan.
We are going out for a family Sunday lunch at a local Italian restaurant, which I'm looking forward to.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Osc » 24 Mar 2024, 12:30

Morning all, it’s fairly bright here but still cold. We had a lovely weekend with our visitors who left this morning at 10am. We’re pretty tired so it will be an easy day that may or may not involve a snooze in the chair. We went out for a walk around the block and met our friend who lives in Boston, she is here for Easter, she said she might call over later. We’ve some telly to catch up on, but all our Sunday night tv shows are finished now :(
Osc

Postby jenniren » 24 Mar 2024, 12:50

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny, but very windy and cold :roll:

I walked a little further than usual yesterday and have been very sore since. We've had a nice lie in and apart from cooking dinner later I'm taking it easy today.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JanB » 24 Mar 2024, 13:10

We have the Sahara dust back and I'm not going out in it again, I can taste the blasted stuff :shock:

Just dropped off a load of cutting down to Chris and Lucy, having to drive past some escaped goats :roll:
JanB

Return to Cafe