Losing my mind.

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Losing my mind.

Postby Workingman » 28 Mar 2024, 17:10

I drove to the supermarket to do a shop and get rid of some jars and bottles. On my way in from the bottle bank its "where's my wallet?" I checked my back pocket and my jacket pockets - nothing. 'Silly sod you left it at home'.

So, off I go back home where I check another jacket, the trousers I wore yesterday, the kitchen worktop, my bedside cabinet, my desk... nothing. I then get to thinking that it might have slipped from my pocket while in the car - no.

I am sat at the desk trying to calm down a bit and wondering what to do when I feel this lump by the side of my leg. Now, I am wearing walking trousers because I had gone for a park walk earlier and it has leg pockets and guess what was in there!!! :roll:

Never mind child minding, the government should be offering 'silly old sod' minding. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Workingman

Re: Losing my mind.

Postby Kaz » 29 Mar 2024, 08:08

:lol: :lol: :lol: Horrible feeling though, when you think you've lost your purse/wallet :? :cute:
Kaz

Postby Ally » 29 Mar 2024, 08:13

I remember when you lost your camera at a Brum meet.

Glad you found your wallet.

Years ago sis lost her purse just after she'd withdrawn £200 from the cashpoint.

She retraced her steps right back to where she'd parked her car.
Lo and behold there was her purse right on the pavement edge where she'd parked about an hour previously. :o
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 29 Mar 2024, 08:15

:shock: That was lucky!
Kaz

Postby cruiser2 » 29 Mar 2024, 09:59

I misplace my purse. It has all my coins in and usually a five opund note. with a card which has the number for a taxi.

It is red so it is easy to see. I sometimes forgetwhere i have put it in the house. Usualy keep it in a drawer at the sid eof the bed.

I have a wallet for notes and my bank card. Only take this out when I am going shoping. It is in one of the compartments of my bag, which has a zip on.
cruiser2

Postby cromwell » 29 Mar 2024, 11:54

Workingman wrote:Never mind child minding, the government should be offering 'silly old sod' minding. :oops: :oops: :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Many years ago in a North Yorkshire village I parked up next to another car. When I got out I saw that someone had left their wallet - which was absolutely stuffed with cash - on the car roof!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Return to Cafe