Good morning Good Friday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Good Friday

Postby Ally » 29 Mar 2024, 06:06

Good morning.

Up earlier than normal as I'm picking a friend up from the airport.

I'll do my walk when I get back.

Friday beers and tapas tonight. :cute:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Good Friday

Postby Kaz » 29 Mar 2024, 08:14

Yikes, so was it 4am for you, Al, with the time difference? :shock: :cute: xx

Morning all :)

I've also been awake for ages, I was coughing again last night, and my hip is still sore :roll: Hopefully the cough is on the way out, Mick has it first and his has gone now. SW meeting this morning, then the usual Friday stuff.

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby Ally » 29 Mar 2024, 08:42

5am Kaz. I haven't adjusted the time on here. :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby JanB » 29 Mar 2024, 08:44

Morning Ally, Kaz and everyone

I was awake too, but not a hope of me getting up at that time :lol:

Another cold and wet day. Fed up with this now, as is the cat, she's more vocal than me, though :lol:

Cleaning to be done this morning and then light the fire, put brandy in my hot chocolate and read :D

Stew for dinner - again :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 29 Mar 2024, 10:05

Good morningeverybody.

It was 14C when I got up and went for the paper. The sun is out and there are blue skies. ButI can see grey clouds in the distance.

JanB, you are spoling two good drinks , mixing brandy and cocoa. Have the cocoa first and then the brandy. They should both warm you up and make you sleepy.

I will be doing somecleaning. Still too cold to be outside.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 29 Mar 2024, 11:11

Morning all, sun and cloud here and still cold. We’re busy organising stuff for our trip to Wicklow, we even take our own bedding and towels. I’ll be going to my mobility class shortly and when I come back, we’ll pack up the car and head off. We’ll stop off at Dunnes Stores on the way to pick up some of their ready meals to save having to cook and we are going out for lunch on Sunday. Tomorrow, weather permitting, we plan to visit some nearby gardens as their rhododendrons are in flower - we’ve both resurrected our cameras and will take lots of photos over the weekend - I’m practising for our visit to Paris and Monet’s garden next month, rather than just use my phone. Back home sometime on Monday, it’s less than 1 1/2 hours away, so an easy drive.
Osc

Postby cromwell » 29 Mar 2024, 11:57

Good morning.
MrsC has gone to visit her 91 year old auntie (deaf) taking her sister and her 87 year old uncle (also deaf). I've offered to buy her a bullhorn but she gets a bit sniffy.
The do say that Monet's garden is wonderful Osc.
Grey and cold here.
I'll do the shopping this afternoon and read tonight.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby saundra » 29 Mar 2024, 12:09

Morning all same here grommets well one neighbour has gone to Turkey today and other neighbour to skegness Scarlett goes to Turkey next week she missed a. Family holiday last year because of her broken elbow
Have good Easter everyone take care
saundra

Postby JoM » 29 Mar 2024, 12:39

Good morning all, it’s sunny at the moment although has been raining and more is forecast.

The Tesco delivery was due between 11 and 12 but the driver phoned at 10.10 to see if I wanted it earlier as he’d just finished a delivery around the corner and I was next, so that’s all done and put away :D

There’s just some ironing to do now as the washing has dried in the breeze. Then I’ll crack on with the crocheting the blanket Tom asked me to make for his living room. I hadn’t really done much to it as he’d been given April 26th as an estimate for his completion date. Now it’s very possibly going to be next Friday so there are are sparks coming off my crochet hook.

They’re all heading back from South Wales this evening, visiting time is 2pm-4pm so they’ll set off sometime after then.

Enjoy the bank holiday all :D

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby jenniren » 29 Mar 2024, 12:48

Morning all :D

Still windy, sunny one minute, cloudy the next :?

Kaz hope the cough eases, might be a good idea to get your hip looked at xx
Jan hot chocolate with a good slug of rum would be my choice.
Safe journey Osc.

It's wash day and operation clean. We're expecting John Lewis to deliver our new tv tomorrow which means finding a different spot for the Bose. Need to get ready today as they can deliver anytime between 7am-5pm. We should get a text tonight with a 2hr time slot, but we won't feel like running around this evening.

Hope you all have a nice Good Friday xx
jenniren

Next

Return to Cafe