Good morning Saturday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Saturday

Postby Ally » 30 Mar 2024, 06:49

Good morning.

Sun coming up as I type. 8-)

I'll get off for my walk shortly then after my shower will very gladly spend the day at home. :D
Been out and about rather a lot. :lol:

Chinese takeaway tonight and TV. :cute:

Have a great day.

*Don't forget the clocks go forward an hour tonight..*

Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Saturday

Postby JanB » 30 Mar 2024, 09:09

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Grey, wet and cold. No nice. Might brighten up this afternoon.

A generally lazy day, I think. My tum is still not right so will be lazy.

Just need to find out the problem with the gas, sticky valve or whatever. We have an electric shower in the en-suite, so we're sorted for cleanliness :lol: I'll make sure I don't generate a lot of washing up and I can boil the kettle for that.

Supposed to be meeting friends at the bar this afternoon, we'll see.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 30 Mar 2024, 09:40

Good morning Ally and Jan B and anybody else who is up.

It is 15c and the sun is shining with a lovely blue sky.
The bricklayer is supposed to be coming to repair the gate post. Have moved my car so he can park his van right out side my house.

Will then just be pootling. May put the washing on as the basket is getting ful.
If it stays nice may do some weeding.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Ally » 30 Mar 2024, 09:51

Yippppppeeeeeeee. :Hi: :Hi:

It's just starting to rain and forecast to do so till 5pm.
I'm so happy. :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby jenniren » 30 Mar 2024, 10:07

Morning all :D

Dull and overcast :roll:

Hope your tum settles Jan x

We were truly up at silly o'clock. The phone went just before 7am to say the new tv would arrive in 40mins :shock: We didn't get a text last night with a 2hr time slot because it was a Bank Holiday and the sales peeps weren't working yesterday. Never mind, it's here, all unpacked and set up, it's mahooosive!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it will take me a few days to get used to it, but Ed already loves it. We've had our old Panasonic, which seemed really big when we bought it over 15yrs ago, was beginning to play up, the on/off switch was very temperamental. Fingers crossed this new Samsung will last just as long.

No other plans for the day, expecting Boots to delivery my prescription, no time frame so we can't go anywhere anyway.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Osc » 30 Mar 2024, 11:04

Morning all, sun and cloud here in Wicklow, it’s breezy and probably chilly but here in the kitchen the sun is streaming in the window and it’s nice and warm. Last night going to bed I very carefully put my watch forward an hour, knowing that my phone would do its own thing. Imagine my surprise when I looked at my watch at what I thought was 9am and couldn’t understand why my phone was still showing 8am :roll: :roll: Oh RIGHT, yesterday was Friday :? I think the plan for today is to go to some lovely gardens about 20 minutes drive away. Our drive yesterday took over an hour more than usual, but we didn’t care, we didn’t have to be anywhere or meet anyone. We had a nice relaxed evening, watched a nice movie and good music videos on YouTube, no cable or satellite tv in this house. Miss Osc and family are going off on their ski holiday today, hope all travel goes well for them.

Jen, our last three tvs have been Samsung, we’re happy with them. When our current one arrived, we thought it was HUGE but soon got used to it.
Osc

Postby JanB » 30 Mar 2024, 11:57

Problem with the gas solved :Hi: Hugo hadn't turned the knob when he delivered the bottle :roll: and it was too dark to see last night :lol:

And now the sun is out and we have blue sky :Hi:

Just need to let some water out of the pool, before the next downpour :lol:
JanB

Postby cromwell » 30 Mar 2024, 12:07

Good morning.
A nice sunny one too, fingers crossed it stays that way.
Jan, that made me laugh! I hope the rain keeps up Ally.
Jen, we were the same when we got our new TV. You sound to be having a nice relaxing time Osc.
Cruiser, hopefully the brickie won't be too expensive.
Our daughter is at the coast atm; their dog loves it there, I think he'd like to move permanently!
not sure what the day holds, we'll have to see.
Have a good one everybody.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby cruiser2 » 30 Mar 2024, 12:53

The bricklayer has been and rebuilt the gatepost.

Only charged what he said he would when he cameoriginaly to look at the job. I have got half from thr next door neighbour as it is a shared gate post.

Will go out in the back garden this afternoon as it will get the sun and the fencing will stop the winds blowing across.

Jen, I bought a 56 inch TV last year.It is a Hisense. it replaced a 42 inch Panasonic which was about 20 years old. The colours are so much brighter. I have not used all the gimicks.
But I have managed to watch a video on a memory stick. There is a slot at the back for this.May bring the stick to Brum.
cruiser2

Postby Kaz » 30 Mar 2024, 18:20

Afternoon everyone :)

It's been a beautiful Spring day here :) Went to Corretto's for breakfast, bumped into some friends and had a nice catch up 8-) Then round to D's. Got a few things done towards our trip to Canada whilst there - chose our seats on the plane, and I booked the Heathrow hotel and parking for us. All we need to do now is book the car rental - Mick can do that ;) FaceTime with B tonight, she's in Noosa at the moment. They went to Australia Zoo the other day, the one Steve Irwin founded.

Jan, take it easy xx

Jen we felt the same when we got our bigger telly, but you soon get used to it ;) xx

Al, hoorah!!! :Hi: xxx
Kaz

Return to Cafe