Good Morning Tuesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good Morning Tuesday

Postby JanB » 02 Apr 2024, 07:08

Morning everyone

The sky is a picture this morning, shades of pink, grey and blue 8-) Possibility of a shower this afternoon, but expecting a high of 19C. Much better.

I have a small amount of ironing to get through and then I'll be heading outside for weeding and dead heading.

Leftover chicken for dinner.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Re: Good Morning Tuesday

Postby cruiser2 » 02 Apr 2024, 09:05

Good morning JanB and anybody elsewho is up.

it was 15c when i got up. Very misty when i went for the paper. It has now gone and the sun is trying to come out from behind the grey clouds. Good job I took my purse
with me as the paper has gone up 10p. I didn't get one yesterday as I hadn't finished reading the one I got on Saturday.

Going to make a phone call. Then going to the Post Office and to town.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby cromwell » 02 Apr 2024, 09:32

Good morning.
Grey skies again.
Eliza is here.
We will be going out with her this afternoon somewhere.
We had dobby the cockerpoo yesterday and took him for a walk. He has some grey hairs in his tail! And a few on his back.
I have reassured him that he looks like a very distinguished senior dog.
I think he's eight this year.
He will still run all day chasing his ball though. You could chuck that ball until your arm falls off and he'd still be running.
Salmon for tea tonight.
Have a good day all.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Osc » 02 Apr 2024, 09:55

Morning all, it’s a lovely sunny one here and I have washing on the line for the first time this year. Edward has gone to play golf and shortly I will be heading out as I have stuff to get in Boots. Then back to mostly deal with laundry. A quick tidy around and I’ll be on my way.
Osc

Postby meriad » 02 Apr 2024, 11:10

hello all and good morning

again the usual apologies for the radio silence.... four whole days of not logging on to a computer; sheer bliss :lol: but alas it does mean no VV interaction :cry:
Had a lovely Easter weekend catching up with Nadine who got back from SA on Friday; but it's now back to work for us all and life is right back to normal

I'm working from home all week this week which is great - so the usual mix of work and pootle.

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby jenniren » 02 Apr 2024, 11:44

Morning all :D

Nice and bright but chilly.

It rained here yesterday, just after Tesco had delivered, quite a heavy shower too. Luckily it all cleared up for the afternoon so we managed to get quite a bit done in the garden. Ed had fun with his hedge trimmer and I managed some weeding. The bin was almost full by the time we finished, nicely timed, the garden rubbish was collected this morning.

No plans for today, I actually woke up at 8.30 but rolled over for another hour :oops: :lol:

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JanB » 02 Apr 2024, 13:04

The car port now has a roof :Hi: :Hi:

Joao has just left, having fixed it on for us as well, perfect.

Cost a little more than we thought, but it-s better quality than the other one.

Not nice outside, so I-m doing a job I have been putting off for a long time.

The hob extractor :shock: :roll: :lol:
JanB

Postby meriad » 02 Apr 2024, 13:15

Excellent news re the car port Jan. Hob extractors aren't very nice to clean, are they? eeewww :D :D :D
meriad

Postby Kaz » 02 Apr 2024, 13:36

Oh flip! Just lost the post I’d tapped out! :cute: :lol:

We’re round at D’s helping her get straight after her visitors’ departure :) Hoovering and bed making for me, a bit of stuff in the garden for Mick.

Dobbie sounds adorable Crommers :D Fraggle is at least 12, yet throw a tennis ball for him and he’s a pup again :lol: xx

That’s good Jan :) xx

Good to see you Ria! xx

Jen, and why not indeed :) xx

Beautiful day here too Osc :) xx

Afternoon Cruiser :) xx

Love to all xxx
Kaz

Postby JoM » 02 Apr 2024, 14:22

Afternoon all, it gone dull now after a beautiful morning.

I walked down to town to Specsavers for an eye test, wore a light puffa jacket over a long sleeved t shirt and I was roasting. A load of towels have dried on the line in just over two hours too.

Tom’s waiting to hear if exchange has taken place today and if completion will be Friday. I do hope so, there’s a huge Ikea delivery coming this afternoon (sofa, double bed, wardrobe and a gazillion other bits) and I haven’t a clue where we can put it all :lol: I’ve been shopping for him for a few weeks, buying basic necessities as I think of them. Things like clothes pegs, microfibre cloths, cling film and foil, kitchen roll, toilet rolls and tissues, and things like tea, coffee, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. I’ve made up a medical kit and a basic sewing kit too.

No plans for tonight, we’ll probably watch another couple of episodes of This Town. We’re having fun recognising places in it.

Bill’s never been one for playing with a ball outside, he looks at us as if to say you threw it now you go and find it in the long grass. On walks he’s more interested in following his nose and sniffing where wildlife has gone, but he loves a game of fetch in the house.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Next

Return to Cafe