Good morning Friday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Friday

Postby Ally » 05 Apr 2024, 06:50

Good morning.

Sunny and forecast 27°. Summer's on its way. 8-)

We're off to Nerja this morning for two days. :cute:

Lots of walking on the beach and ice cream will be involved too. :lol:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Friday

Postby meriad » 05 Apr 2024, 07:04

Good morning Ally and everyone - happy Friday

Safe travels to Nerja Ally, and have a fab time.

Summer definitely not on the way here - at all! Grey, wet, dull and just really meh - it really is not a nice day if one has to be out and about.

Friday usual work from home day for me which includes the usual Sainsbury's run for fresh veg, I'm also picking up Amelia a bit later this morning and taking her to a basketball camp but that's about all that's happening away from home.

have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby JanB » 05 Apr 2024, 08:12

Morning Ally, Ria and everyone

Lovely, sunny morning and 25C for us later too 8-)

Washing out, yes Ria, more washing :lol: Curtains this time.

Cleaning for me this morning, then we're off out to lunch with a load of people, for Mitchell's birthday. A few couldn't make yesterday, so we switched it to today instead.

Have a great time in Nerja Ally x

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 05 Apr 2024, 08:29

Good morning everybody.

It was 15c when i got up and went for the paper. It has been raining and there are still lots of grey clouds. But the sun is trying to come out.

Have got anengineer coming at 1.00 p.m to ervice the boiler. He is from the company who orginally fitted the boiler threeyears ago. I got a good deal at the time.
But will use a local plumber who has fitted my new gas hob. He lives locally and can come quicker and his prices are similar.

Will just be doing housework while I am waiting.
Ally, wish I was coming with you to Nerja.
Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 05 Apr 2024, 10:27

Morning all, it’s pleasant enough at the moment, but fear not, the rain will come :roll: My long day went well yesterday, until the very last leg of my travel home. I arrived at the bus stop in town, my bus is a H3 that goes every half an hour. Two were showing on the app as “scheduled” (never a good sign) and of course, they didn’t turn up. So I had to stand in the rain until a 6 came along - slightly different route and only one an hour, but it gets me home. We had got an earlier train than planned back from Cork, so I had an hour in hand and was home around 9pm. Needless to say, I slept very well last night!

We had a lovely day, a very nice lunch and my brother was delighted with his presents. The first class carriage was great, quite small, free tea/coffee, and toilets just for our use. Because we were coming back on the earlier train, we asked at the ticket office in Cork about our 1st reservations, she told us there would be an extra charge to pay on the train as it was a “gold” 1st class service (no real difference). However, when the guy came along through the carriage and we said we had a reservation on the later train, he just said “ah you’re grand” and carried on :D

Off to mobility class shortly and back to just do general stuff, and we’ll probably go dancing tonight. This morning I paid the balance of our June cruise :D :D :D
Osc

Postby jenniren » 05 Apr 2024, 10:42

Morning all :D

Woke up to rain, but the sun's out now.

Wash day here, honestly I don't know how these Fridays come round so fast. Also expecting a Sainsbury's delivery between 12-1. It's all go here, oh the excitement :lol:

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 05 Apr 2024, 18:06

Hi everyone :)

I've just got home, been out since 8.30! SW meeting first thing, then out to Jolly Nice near Stroud with Em, and Sarah, our Pilates friend. A lovely run out through the countryside, up to a bakery cum cafe out there. Back to D's afterwards where Mick and his brother Jeff are building the pergola for D. Day two tomorrow :lol:

Al, have a fab time at Nerja :D xx

It's been a decent day here, Ria - hopefully your weather will warm up soon xx

Hope the do for Mitchell went well Jan :) xx

Important to get them serviced, Cruiser :) xx

Osc, glad you got home ok :) xx

Fridays fly round for me too Jen :lol: xx

Love to all xx
Kaz

Return to Cafe