TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Monday

Postby Kaz » 08 Apr 2024, 08:14

Morning all :)

Have a nice walk, Al :) xx

It's dull here this morning, hopefully it will brighten up. Meeting Em and our friend Jan for lunch in M&S.

Have a good day everyone :) xxx
Kaz

Postby meriad » 08 Apr 2024, 08:21

Good morning Ally and everyone - happy Monday; hope everyone had a good weekend?

Sigh Ally, your day sounds perfect. I'm sitting her with warm socks and a fleece; it's really just struggling to warm up here. But at least it's dry, so I'll take that as a positive.
Kaz, enjoy the lunch meet up. The weather is getting a bit boring now; isn't it?

I've taken today as a day's leave; so have a few things to do.. vet appointment first; then take a few things from home to the allotment; take stuff from the allotment and from home to the tip; the usual Sainsbury's run for food and fresh veg; and then a tidy of the greenhouse so it's ready for me to move my seedlings from inside to the greenhouse; some may need to stay indoors a bit longer because the nights are expected to get really cold again :cry:

Got lots of rhubarb at the allotment, so going to make some rhubarb flap jacks and get some rhubarb gin on the go - yum!

Have a lovely day all
meriad

Postby cruiser2 » 08 Apr 2024, 08:26

Good morning Ally & Kaz.

It was 15C when I got up. We have had rain again but the wind has stop blowing a gale. Still some grey clouds but the sun is trying to come out.

Going to pick up a sheet which has ben ironed. I can wash an ry it. But it is King sized and I struggle to iron it.

Then if it stays dry will finish washing the flags at the front. My back was beginning to ache when I was doing the drive yesterday.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 08 Apr 2024, 09:14

Morning everyone

Woke up to rain :shock: So stayed in bed :lol:

That's made a mess of our outdoor plans for today, so will get some ironing done and then make a load of mini quiche for this Friday's coffee morning.

Supposed to be warming up later this week, with more sun than cloud. Hopefully.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Osc » 08 Apr 2024, 10:13

Morning all, it’s raining *sigh*. I have my annual check up with my breast surgeon at 11.45, after which I’ll pick up a few bits from the supermarket. I also need to collect some bedding I left in to be ironed, the guest bedding from a couple of weeks ago. I don’t often do that, but the weather was so bad that I dried it in the dryer and it needed commercial ironing. Yesterday, I had other bedding out on the line, it got nicely dry so I was able to iron it when I took it in. No golf for Edward today because of the rain, not sure what he will do. When I get home, I’ll see what needs doing, or maybe I will do nothing.
Osc

Postby JoM » 08 Apr 2024, 11:05

Morning all, it’s dull but dry at the moment. It poured down first thing though.

It’s been a full on weekend. Thankfully Tom’s house purchase completed before 10am on Friday and we’d already picked up the hire van and loaded it so he was moving his belongings in by 11. They came back for a second load and once Joe had finished work me and him packed Tom’s houseplants, a dinner set and Bill into his car and went over and got stuck into the flat packs. We had a short break for fish and chips before carrying on and by the time we left at 10pm he had his bed sorted and pretty much all of the living room. We went back on Saturday and did some more and by Saturday night there was only the spare room to sort out but he’s waiting for the bed for in there.

John went over for a few hours yesterday while me and Joe were at the football and he did little jobs like fitting lights (Tom had bought these really nice but fiddly Ikea ones) the kitchen towel rail and the toilet roll holders. He also fixed the tall bookcase to the wall in his office (the third bedroom but he’s using it as a place to work).
We’ll go over next weekend and I’ll try to remember to take some photos.

I’m just back from Specsavers, I’ve been to collect my new glasses, I had some prescription sunglasses too.

A quiet day is on the cards today I think, although we need to collect a storage unit from Ikea as Tom has taken the one I was planning to use from his room for his office :lol:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby JanB » 08 Apr 2024, 11:18

Glad the move went well Jo :Hi:

April showers here :roll:
JanB

Postby saundra » 08 Apr 2024, 11:42

Morning all it's a bit dull but at least it's not windy yesterday was awfully
Glad he got sorted jo and the move went well be will get a shock when the bills arrive and no back to mum's is the blanket got finnished ? I'm just trying to make my mind up wether to renew my care alarm for the year it's really expensive now nothing iv had it 7years and used it once
I know I should
Ha ve a good day everyone
saundra

Postby jenniren » 08 Apr 2024, 12:01

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

Glad Tom's move went well Jo, now breath and relax :lol:

Here in Kent we seem to have missed the worst of the wet weather. Looking at the photo's of places like Cornwall we've been extremely lucky.

No plans today, I've washed my hair and put on a face mask so pamper day it is.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Return to Cafe