Godd Morning Friday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Godd Morning Friday

Postby JanB » 12 Apr 2024, 05:41

Morning everyone

Rather dark out there, but the sky is full of stars :lol: Going to be another lovely day with 26C ish later.

I let the cat in about an hour ago and then couldn't gt back to sleep, so got up, rather than reading in the other room.

Coffee morning for us this morning, taking Lynda, as we have to pass by her house. Also lots of samosas and mini quiche. Of which I get not a taste, as they all go rather quickly :roll: :lol:

Not sure what we'll be doing this afternoon, might go out for lunch, might carry on with the strimming and weeding. Never ending, this gardening stuff :roll: :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Re: Godd Morning Friday

Postby Ally » 12 Apr 2024, 06:50

Morning Jan, morning everyone.

Gorgeous sunshine and 29° again. 8-)

Off into Malaga this morning to meet the twins for breakfast. :cute:

Friday beers and tapas tonight. :D

Have a great day..
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 12 Apr 2024, 07:51

Morning all :)

Those samosas sound nice Jan :) Have a good time :) xx

Slightly warming up here too Al, it might reach 18° today :lol: xx

Usual Friday stuff here - SW meeting with Em at 9, then breakfast out with Mick. Round to D's after that.

I've booked us five nights in Salcombe for September :Hi: My friend Sarah's sister owns an airbnb down there, and she had some availability - plus we can take Fraggle. So looking forward to it 8-)

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby cruiser2 » 12 Apr 2024, 09:17

Good morning everybody.

Itis still only 15C here with grey clouds but no rain. The sun is trying to come out but no blue sky yet. It was warm yesterday when i was out in the garden.
Am going to Chorley for some food shopping. Will also have lunch out.
Back home I will finish tidying thwe garage.

Like Kaz, I have bookeda holiday in September. Itis four nighta at Warners Holme Lacy House hptel near Hereford. There are trips out included in the price.
A planning to go down by train. Don't fancy driving round Brum on the M6/M5.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby cromwell » 12 Apr 2024, 09:32

Morning everyone.
Grey here but not too chilly.
Eliza has been sick in the night so MrsC has gone up to our daughter's house to help.
Normally we do the weekend shop today but atm I am awaiting further instructions.
Have a nice day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Osc » 12 Apr 2024, 09:56

Morning all, it’s dull but dry here. Big brother went off on the bus before 9.30 to get his train back home to Cork. Edward has headed off to play golf, and I’ll be going to mobility class in a while. Edward managed to fix his phone last night after following suggestions he saw on Apple forums. We spent time on an online chat with Apple during the afternoon after which an appointment was made with an Apple tech here in Dublin for this afternoon, but thankfully we’ve been able to cancel that. The Apple guy told us that Edward was not alone in the problems he was having after the update - we’ve both now disabled automatic updates on our phones.

From now on it’s all preparation for our Paris trip, hard to know what to pack as the weather forecast changes by the hour - layers seems to be the way to go, and a light waterproof. Dancing tonight and hopefully a good night’s sleep - an alarm in the house across the road went off at 3am and it took me ages to get back to sleep :twisted:
Osc

Postby JoM » 12 Apr 2024, 10:10

Morning all, it’s a sunny one.

Bill had his early walk, the first load of washing is on the line and I’m planning on mowing the lawns. First though is the Tesco delivery which is due in the next hour so I’ll get the hoovering done while I wait for that.

Just me and John in tonight, I’m planning jacket potatoes for dinner and he wants to watch Oppenheimer on Now TV. We saw it at the cinema and he said at the time that he felt he needed to watch it again but didn’t get the chance to while it was still showing at the Odeon so tonight he can. I’m not bothered about watching it again, I preferred Barbie :lol:

I’ve also got two large Ikea blue bags filled with coats to drop off at the Salvation Army bin on Tesco car park, had a really good clear out in the coat cupboard yesterday. There’s still one that may go but I’m not sure who it belongs to. It’s a man’s Saltrock lightweight puffa jacket, I know it’s not John’s but I don’t remember seeing either of the lads wearing it.

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby jenniren » 12 Apr 2024, 11:23

Morning all :D

Nice and sunny 8-)

We're expecting a couple of deliveries today, Tesco and Boots. Planning to get the pressure washer out and give my car a good wash. It hasn't been done for months and is starting to sprout :oops: :o Also got the washing on the go so busy, busy :lol:

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JanB » 12 Apr 2024, 13:27

Those three hours whizzed by and now my feet hurt, so a lazy afternoon, I think.

Lovely and warm, think the pool will be calling by next week :Hi: Just need it to be cleaned now :roll: all that dust we had is sitting on the bottom :roll: :lol:

Will pop down to the bar later, I think.
JanB

Postby meriad » 12 Apr 2024, 14:40

Hello all and happy Friday

Ally, as always - enjoy the tapas & beer evening :D
Jan, lazy afternoon is well deserved - your garden is huge; no wonder it's non-stop doing something there
Oooh, Kaz - Salcombe! That's a treat - such a lovely place - roll on September.
Cruiser, need to google that - but good idea about catching the train and not driving; definitely not that distance!
Crommers, hope Eliza is feeling better today?
Osc, packing is a gamble - layers definitely are the way. Hope you have a peaceful night tonight
Jo, I sort of watched Oppenheimer when my niece was here over Christmas - she wanted to watch it but kept falling asleep and I was doing my own bits so only watching half heartedly... I'm fairly sure I'd also have preferred Barbie :lol: :lol:

A really disjoined morning for me - we had a super urgent document that we needed to get to another company and they were insisting that it needed to be either the original or by fax. Well original wasn't possible because of the urgency and fax... :shock: :shock: :shock: well we don't have one of those in the office anymore :lol: Thankfully my little printer at home works as a fax as well but that meant moving it from my little office space into the bedroom where the telephone jack is and then I wasn't sure if it was working because my printer doesn't print out a confirmation. So many emails toing and froing to make sure all was as it should be but eventually we got that sorted. And then trying to sort two long-haul trips for two colleagues and still need to sort a short-haul for another colleague. Travel is definitely picking up again.

Have a lovely day all (well, what's left of it) x
meriad

Next

Return to Cafe