Good morning Saturday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Saturday

Postby Ally » 13 Apr 2024, 07:01

Good morning.

Hitting 30° so going for my walk shortly. 8-)

Reading on a lounger is my plan for the day. :D

TV tonight and a Chinese takeaway. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Saturday

Postby JanB » 13 Apr 2024, 08:24

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Sunny and warm already and we'll be hitting 30C today too :Hi:

Off to Ourique in a mo, Aldi have a bbq on sale from today and we need a new one, so we'll get one and a few other bits and bobs.

Back for breakfast, then head outside for gardening, cutting back and strimming.

Meeting friends at the bar this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 13 Apr 2024, 08:31

Good morning everybody.

It is 15C and the sun is trying to come out. No sign of rain. Am going to wash the car and then finish weeding. It is the hard to reach bits which still want doing.
Will alsotrim the edge of ther lawn. I use hand shears. It gives me exercise and I don't think it is worth buying an electric one for my small lawn.

Wil come in to watch the Grand National before I have my dinner.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JoM » 13 Apr 2024, 09:30

Morning all, it’s dull but quite mild here.

I walked Bill earlier and there’s not much else planned for today. John’ll be back from Parkrun shortly, Tom’s due here around 10 and I’ll make them some sausage sandwiches before they head off to see John’s Mom. They’ll be back tonight so I’ll make a lasagne ready for them for when they get back. There’s football to watch this evening, I’ll be looking out for Joe in the away end at Bournemouth, I’ve spotted him before when he and Amanda were at a preseason game so it’s not unlikely :lol:

Have a good day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Osc » 13 Apr 2024, 10:31

Morning all, it was nicer when we first got up but there is a lot of cloud now. I put towels out on the line overnight, so hopefully they are drying nicely. We’ve just been for a walk around the block, it was cool enough. Now I need to get in the shower then do the packing, did I mention we are going to Paris tomorrow :cute: We’ll have our main meal around lunchtime as we need to get to bed early tonight, we’ll be up by 4.30am as our flight is at 8am. I always hate the idea of it but it does mean you get a good part of the day in your destination, instead of arriving in the evening. I want to go up to the attic and dig out some photos of our last visit to Paris, 50 years ago!
Osc

Postby Kaz » 13 Apr 2024, 10:47

Morning all :)

It’s a nice day here again :) FaceTime’d with B at 8am, 5pm her time. She’s in Northern Queensland on Magnetic Island - she looks very tanned :D They’ve seen koalas and wombats - apparently one Wombat called Harry was twice as big as Fraggle :shock: :lol:

We’re at Corretto’s waiting for Em and Dave, we’ll see D later :)

Osc have a great time in Paris!

Love to all xxx
Kaz

Postby JoM » 13 Apr 2024, 11:26

Osc, have a wonderful time and safe travels!

Kaz, it sounds like Becky is having the trip of a lifetime! My Queenslander friend often talks of Fraser Island as being a must see place.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby jenniren » 13 Apr 2024, 11:51

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

Managed to give the car a good clean yesterday, even had a go at the windows and front porch. Obviously it's not a professional job, no wiping down with a good polish. It does look 'normal' again though, it was really filthy :oops: Also had a Sainsbury's delivery, I ordered a cabbage and it was little better than a marble. The chap credited it straight away, but it does mean we need to go out to buy one ready for tomorrow's dinner. Makes no sense to go into town as the parking charge will be more than the cost of replacing it so we'll drive over to the small Tesco, haven't been there since before my op. Expect we'll come out with more than we go in for, but never mind, at least I'll get a little walk :lol:

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 13 Apr 2024, 14:02

JoM wrote:Osc, have a wonderful time and safe travels!

Kaz, it sounds like Becky is having the trip of a lifetime! My Queenslander friend often talks of Fraser Island as being a must see place.

She’s promised me some photos Jo, I will post them :)
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 13 Apr 2024, 14:03

Glad you got the car sorted Jen :)
Kaz

Return to Cafe