Good morning Thursday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Thursday

Postby Ally » 18 Apr 2024, 07:14

Good morning.

Another sunny and warm day at 28°. 8-)
The duvet got folded away yesterday and won't see the light of day until October. :lol:

Going for a Guadalmar walk with Don. I love walking by the sea. :D

I'll have a swim when I get back.

Conor's coming over around 5 and taking us out for drinks and dinner. :cute:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Thursday

Postby JanB » 18 Apr 2024, 08:22

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Much cooler, only 27C today and getting colder for the next 10 days :shock: Low 20's :roll: :lol:

Washing to be done and we really must do what we were supposed to do yesterday, but got side-tracked by a rather late breakfast.

So, pool boy and strimming - maybe, don't think he'll do both - and me out in the veggie garden.

One of our favs for dinner, lemon, chilli, garlic chicken with cous cous (the last bit is not his favourite, but I won't make chips :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 18 Apr 2024, 09:03

Good morning everybody.

Winter is back!! It was 12C when I got up and went for the paper. had to scrap the ice of the windows on the car before i could drive.
The sun is out witha a hazy sky so it may get warmer. Am going tothe bank. Will need some money asI am going out for lunch tomorrow and grand- daughter is
coming up on Sunday.

If it gets warmer may go out in the garden this afternoon.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby meriad » 18 Apr 2024, 10:14

Good morning you three and everyone

Ally, what are your night time temps like?
Jan, the dinner does sound delicious, enjoy. And don't overdo the garden work
Cruiser - I was about to type that I think here "down south" we hopefully have had the last of the really cold nights; but I just looked at a 2 week forecast and it is showing possible snow towards the end of next week :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: Better get the garden fleece ready just in case

another office day for me so nothing exciting to report.

have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby Osc » 18 Apr 2024, 10:16

Morning all, it was 14 degrees in the house this morning, one degree below what I use as a guide for putting on the heating :shock: We got home about 6pm yesterday evening, after smooth travelling, although I seem to have left my book at the airport in Paris. We had a great trip but it was cold there too apart from Sunday, which was lovely. Then by Monday the wind had turned around to the north, and we had quite a few heavy squally showers Monday and Tuesday. Nevertheless we managed to enjoy ourselves ;) The hotel was a great success, a lovely little boutique hotel near Gard du Nord station.

Back to a normal Thursday, dance practice this morning and Kellie this afternoon, and Michael will also be here for his dinner - we got them some official Paris Olympics stuff, around the Eiffel Tower area they are building huge stands. Before we go out this morning, I’ll pop out and get some Chicken Kievs for dinner, they both like them.
Osc

Postby cromwell » 18 Apr 2024, 10:17

Morning all.
It was cold this morning, had to get some ice off the car windscreen when I ran MrsC in to the train station. She is on her way to York for a college reunion.
Never had Couscous in my life.
A lazy day beckons here, I may go into Pontefract to get a mini statement from the atm, but that will be about it.
I wish we had a couple of days of your weather Ally.
Have a nice day all.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby saundra » 18 Apr 2024, 10:46

Morning all it's cold here been up since 7 waiting for a gas check fella for annual gas check anytime between 8/4 plus royal mail
with new kindle
Hate waiting about I can't settle
Take care everyone
saundra

Postby jenniren » 18 Apr 2024, 10:54

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

Been watching the freak storms in Dubai. It's many years since we were there, we had a 3 day stopover on our way back from Oz. They are going to need a massive clean up, it's not built for rain, storms like that are so rare.

Off to Westwood Cross, it's M&S today. We did a good stock up last week so only a few bits needed.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JanB » 18 Apr 2024, 16:13

cromwell wrote:Never had Couscous in my life.

You should try it Crommers. I make it with a veg stock cube and add chickpeas with this dish.

I-ve just finished all my jobs :shock:

Picked the last of the peas, dug up beetroot and carrots and picked two huge buckets of broad beans.

Beans and carrots now in the freezer and the beetroot has been cooked and now in a jar.

And made a curry for Saturday :roll: :lol:
JanB

Postby Kaz » 18 Apr 2024, 16:45

Afternoon everyone :)

I’ve been out all day, up to Sudeley Castle at Winchcombe, to the Home and Garden fair there. It’s a nice day out :) I didn’t buy much, just some bamboo socks, and a load of Heck stuff (chicken burgers and sausages) for the freezer. Went with Em and our friend Sarah. Bit tired now, but it’s Pilates tonight so I’ll have to muster some energy :lol:

Love to all xxx
Kaz

Return to Cafe