Good morning Sunday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Sunday

Postby Ally » 21 Apr 2024, 06:38

Good morning.

A sunny 26° forecast. 8-)

Off for a walk shortly and I'll have a swim when I get back.

We bought a new BBQ from Amazon last week so Chef Don is in charge of lunch today. :lol:
He made a sticky chilli sauce yesterday and I can see corn cobs in the fridge so I'm happy. :lol:

TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Sunday

Postby JanB » 21 Apr 2024, 08:02

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Sunny and going to be another lovely 25C type of day.

Washing out and we-ll be heading outside after a late breakfast. Grumpy to continue being pool boy and me for weeding and dead heading, cutting back and whatever I can find to do. Think he was planning on painting today too.

Roast pork for dinner, with veg from our garden :D

Have a good day everyone, whatever you-re doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 21 Apr 2024, 08:38

Good morning everybody.

It is getting warmer. 15C when i got up and went for the paper. But stil grey clouds although the sun is trying to come out.

Getting ready for the grand- daughter to come this afternoon. If the train is on time it arrives in Wigan at 17.25.
I will have the meal, steak, roast potatoes and veg ready to cook when we get home. All in the air fryer.

Have a good day everybody
cruiser2

Postby JoM » 21 Apr 2024, 08:42

Morning all, it’s quite sunny but there’s still a chill in the air.

Joe’s back home now and this morning we’ve been trying all United supporters that we know to see if they want to use our e-tickets for the semi final today as we obviously can’t go now but they’re all sorted and most are already on the way to London. Can’t return them to the club because that would affect our chances for Wembley tickets in the future.

The only thing planned for today is, at Joe’s suggestion, a takeaway for the two of us later.

Have a lovely time with your Granddaughter, Cruiser!

Have a good day all :D

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby JanB » 21 Apr 2024, 08:51

Rain now forecast for this afternoon :shock: :Hi:

Have a lovely time with your grand daughter Cruiser x
JanB

Postby Kaz » 21 Apr 2024, 09:22

Morning all :)

That sounds delicious, Ally :D xx

There's nothing like home-grown veg, Jan :D xx

Have a great time with your granddaughter, Cruiser :) xx

Hope you get your tickets sorted Jo x,

It's a bit greyer here today after a lovely sunny day yesterday :roll: We're going out for breakfast shortly, then round to D's.

Have a good day everyone :) xxx
Kaz

Postby Osc » 21 Apr 2024, 10:54

Morning all, a lovely sunny day here, two in a row :D Not much planned for the day, I’m feeling a bit better, my sinusy thing has broken so now I’m at the nose-blowing stage. I finished my jigsaw yesterday, and have a lovely new one that I bought at Monet’s garden, but I like to let a completed one sit for a few days before breaking it down. I’ll probably do some crochet.

Jo, as you are not going to Wembley, does that mean your MIL passed away during the night?
Osc

Postby jenniren » 21 Apr 2024, 11:20

Morning all :D

Sun, rain, wind, it's all happening here :o

Have a lovely time with your granddaughter Cruiser.

Not much happening today, I'll be cooking roast chicken and veg for dinner this evening, ice cream for pud. We'll be opening a bottle of bubbly as a post birthday treat.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby cromwell » 21 Apr 2024, 11:49

Good morning.
We met up with old friends yesterday at a pub and had a really good laugh. Everyone needs that, I think.
The pub itself seems to have gone down the nick a bit, but then so many have.
Ally, a bbq sounds great. Enjoy the time with your grand daughter Cruiser. Chicken for us too Jen.
I like pork too Jan, but she who must be obeyed does not. Good luck in the semi final Jo. Hi Kaz!
Osc, two sunny days in a row?!
Have a great day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby JoM » 21 Apr 2024, 12:54

Osc wrote:Morning all, a lovely sunny day here, two in a row :D Not much planned for the day, I’m feeling a bit better, my sinusy thing has broken so now I’m at the nose-blowing stage. I finished my jigsaw yesterday, and have a lovely new one that I bought at Monet’s garden, but I like to let a completed one sit for a few days before breaking it down. I’ll probably do some crochet.

Jo, as you are not going to Wembley, does that mean your MIL passed away during the night?

No Osc. John only initially planned on staying just a couple of days until Friday night when he went on Wednesday, then he said he’d stay until this morning. Joe came back last night with a view to going to the match and we talked and didn’t think it right for John to come back, I suggested to Joe that he should go and I’d stay home with Bill (we’d be out for 12+ hours so he couldn’t be left that long) but he said he wasn’t going without me, plus I’m not sure the train tickets we’d bought would be valid for him on his own as they’re Duo tickets and it states they’re only valid for two people travelling together at all times.

After 30+ texts from me and Joe first thing this morning he was finally persuaded to stay.
He’s in limbo though. She could pass today, it could be tomorrow or it could be next week. The rest of the family down there are all local, can go home and refresh and recharge but he’s not got that and I’m worried about him. His two oldest nephews were amazing last night and stayed with her while he got some sleep.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Next

Return to Cafe